Imagine the scenario...

Red Warrior

I'm interested to see what people think on this one....

We carry on playing 4231, Pogba continues playing like he did against Newcastle and we get beat away to Sevilla and at home to Chelsea.

Would Utd go into full on panic stations? Would the fans be calling for Jose's head? Would Sanchez want a transfer back to Arsenal haha

I'm really hoping the Newcastle game was a bad day at the office but I'm shuddering to think what will happen if we lose these 2 massive games coming up.

There would definitely be worry, not sure on panic stations and I don't think there would be any knee jerk reactions regarding Jose.

It would depend in the manner of the defeat in Sevilla as obviously we have the home leg to try and turn it around.

If we do suffer a bad defeat in both games, and given the way Chelsea have been playing, it would put insane pressure on the Liverpool game next month at our place, defeat there and then it would be panic stations as we could find ourselves out of the top 4 at that point.

At the moment its not to bad as were 2nd and still in the CL. If come the 11th March were 5th and out then in the words of the great man "its squeaky bum time!"

Yeah we'll go into panic stations we did that after we drew with Stoke it happens and Utd have been stuttering for a while now those 3 draws over Xmas really screwed us as City not only got away but all the rest closed up on us.

The concern for me is Liverpool/Spurs seem to be in the groove now and us and Chelsea are the stuttering teams right at the worst time so it's vital we beat them next week.

As for Europe I'm really not arsed about it we are miles off being capable of winning it so going out early wouldn't be the end of the world for me the minimum target was always get out the group then see where we go.

As for sacking Jose that just isn't an option with no proper structure above him from the football side we have to put faith in managers and give them time even if we miss top 4 this season we have to back him in the summer unless we think we can get someone like Pochetinno but even if we got him it might take 2 years for him to get a squad of players that suit him.

We can't sack Jose. The mess has been caused by the fact we've had 3 upheavels in 4 summers (And don't get me started on the Moyes appointment). I think Panic has set in. We're 4 days past the game and still analysing it. We are worried about tactics. We're even worried about what will happen in certain scenarios.

My advice is one that my therapist gives me. Worry about what's realistic and forget about the hypotheticals. We'll cross that bridge IF we get there

We can't sack Jose. The mess has been caused by the fact we've had 3 upheavels in 4 summers (And don't get me started on the Moyes appointment). I think Panic has set in. We're 4 days past the game and still analysing it. We are worried about tactics. We're even worried about what will happen in certain scenarios.

My advice is one that my therapist gives me. Worry about what's realistic and forget about the hypotheticals. We'll cross that bridge IF we get there

This is what happens when you don't have a midweek game after a defeat in the press and on places like this it lingers as we've got nothing to talk about, tomorrow we move on to Huddersfield and start dreaming of Wembley.

I was including myself in it. Was thinking about it this morning. I can't remember the last time I was still annoyed about a league result to a lower level side 4 days later. Certainly hasn't happened in a while!

Liverpool and Spurs both can be great one week and terrible the next so I'm really hoping that trend continues over the next 2 months. Chelsea seems to be having an odd season too. If the truth be told we're really only in second as the teams below us are playing as bad as we do some weeks and other results are mirroring ours. Things can turn around very quickly and we have a tradition of doing thing the hard way. Gonna be an interesting run in, especially considering we have most of the top 6 to play.

I was including myself in it. Was thinking about it this morning. I can't remember the last time I was still annoyed about a league result to a lower level side 4 days later. Certainly hasn't happened in a while!

I think there's a compound nature to these things since it happened both Liverpool & Chelsea won then Spurs, City & Liverpool have all had great results in Europe while all we can think about is bloody Newcastle.

I don't think there is a need to panic, as said, Liverpool, Chelsea and Spurs all have an implosion in them.

Pogba has got to learn to adapt his game, for that price tag and level it's a joke he can only play one system. I agree he's better in a 433, but if Jose and the rest of football are playing 4231 then he needs to adapt. It's beginning to look like he wants personal glory and not team glory. But I said elsewhere, it just sounds like he picked up a knock.

We are second and have to play Chelsea and Liverpool and if we win those we will be in a strong place. I would be amazed if we miss top 4.

We have 7 easily winnable games, 1 game I doubt we will get anything from (City) and 3 games anything could happen (Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal). I reckon from that we could/should get 24 points (7 wins, 1 loss, 3 draws). 80 pints final tally.

Based on last year (below) we should be ok for top 4 with 80 points

1. Chelsea (93 points)
2. Tottenham (86)
3. Manchester City (78)
4. Liverpool (76)

I don't think there is a need to panic, as said, Liverpool, Chelsea and Spurs all have an implosion in them.

Pogba has got to learn to adapt his game, for that price tag and level it's a joke he can only play one system. I agree he's better in a 433, but if Jose and the rest of football are playing 4231 then he needs to adapt. It's beginning to look like he wants personal glory and not team glory. But I said elsewhere, it just sounds like he picked up a knock.

We are second and have to play Chelsea and Liverpool and if we win those we will be in a strong place. I would be amazed if we miss top 4.

I think he tried playing that more withdrawn role vs Newcastle I don't think it gets the best from him but even playing with what looked like an injury he played some fantastic balls forward which helped create goal scoring chances where he lets himself down is defending he either couldn't jump because he was injured or he didn't fancy it in the air which is a problem.

I'd change the formation we don't havea top class number 10 so we might as well play the 3 in midfield that allows Pogba to be the attacking force he wants to be but it feels like we're past the point of no return on this and Mourinho won't change it probably because he's gone off Herrera and Fellaini is injured so he hasn't really got the players to go 3 in midfield.

Newcastle was a winnable game, Huddersfield too. Chickens and hatching. The way we've been playing I think we'll be lucky to get 5 more wins this season!

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back