How long do we give Solskjaer?

you can only assume it looks good on the training ground and then it goes to pieces on the pitch. Set pieces at both ends need changing.

We did stick with them but only because they wasted a host of chances but we have to sort are penalty area out, it looks awful on tv, off to the match on Wednesday I'm interested to see first hand how we deal with the physical situation Burnley will put us under

Oh yeah it was luck more than anything else that by 70 minutes it was still only 1-0 they had 2 great chances Mane one vs one with De Gea and Salah fluffed that tap in they should have been well clear of us and if we'd gone down 3 or4 nil we couldn't really have complained but it was just frustrating that having survived that we couldn't take advantage of that Martial chance to possibly snatch a point.

Yeah Burnley is the last thing you need when you've had a long run of fixtures and a team that's looking dead on it's feet they'll be smashing into our lads at every opportunity but it's a test you have to deal with at this level. We handled it well away from home so hopefully they can get the job done at home.

Have we scored directly from a corner this season I don't seem to recall anything?

Officially I don't think we have but Martial vs Norwich basically was as the corner was took short and put straight in for Martial to head home but as far as the record book counts it's not direct from the corner.

It's something that I've really honed in on when watching us it's not that we don't score from them it's that we rarely look like scoring from them. Our balls into the box are so bad that you wonder why we even bother putting them in.

that all a bit too much ifs and buts for me, up until their first goal we were looking ok, if that hadn't gone in, If Martial had scored blah blah.

The point is, up until the last kick there was only one goal in it. I can see why he did the tactics he did without Rashford, but maybe we should have started attacking a bit before we did.

Liverpool are clearly a great side, but not as good as the liverpool biased BBC pundits would have you believe. The United side of 99, Barca side of Pep, and many Madrid sides are much better. the fact is, and the table tells all, the league is a very low standard this year.

I mean that united side yesterday was p!ss poor. You put that team in front of any of the 3 mentioned about and they would have been anhiliated.

Another big injury for us ole has been so unlucky with injuries and maybe we haven’t improved but atleast we’re getting rid of all the players that shouldn’t be here just need to replace them now

I mean this Liverpool side are pretty damn good Mr C they've made the last 2 European cup finals and they're well on course for a second 90+ point season in the league. They've lost one game in 18 months in the league took 91 points from the last 93 available and won the club world cup. Are they the greatest of all time of course they aren't you get that title for dominating over a longer period than 18 months but they are pretty damn good and we have to respect that.

Yesterday a bit like Tottenham the week before Liverpool didn't kill the opponent off when they had the chance and almost paid the price but they held on and got the win like good sides do.

Last season City were the greatest team ever that's the just the media these days everything gets over hyped.

Back to Utd latest news is some physio we were trying to recruit from Celtic for the last 3 months have told Utd he's no longer interested because despite weeks of talks suddenly Utd stopped answering his calls with no explanation kind of tells you the sort of operation we are running.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

CL was always going to be a struggle this year, he needs a good couple of windows and next season. If no progress then he may have to go. We can't jsut keep sacking managers. They need time. Klopp, Pep, Fergie, all had time.

CL was always going to be a struggle this year, he needs a good couple of windows and next season. If no progress then he may have to go. We can't jsut keep sacking managers. They need time. Klopp, Pep, Fergie, all had time.
That was Keane's point don't know how carragher couldn't see it I seem to recall him
a couple of season's ago saying if klopp doesn't deliver soon then enough is enough. Also it would be interesting to see how much they've spent since the last league title

I think Carragher's point was more an over arching point of how have Utd let themselves get into the situation where Ole is even getting that job in the first place. I think his intention was probably to try and get Keane to attack the owners as Carragher has been pretty out spoken about the ownership mess my guess is he was trying to get Keane to go down that road but Keane used it as a reason to stick up for his mate Ole. I think Carragher was basically saying Utd keep lowering the standards and expectations whereas for years Utd always wanted the best be that players, managers, commercial people etc.

I do still think CL qualification had to be the target this season Utd are on course for their lowest points total post Fergie we will probably end up with less that 60 points this season last season we got just under 70 did people really expect us to end this season with less points than we did last season?

Keanes's point was they tried that, got the best managers in, it didn't work. So they are trying something different.

And coming from a Liverpool fan whose recent success is very short, to try and tell Man Utd what they are doing is a bit of a joke. It's like Taron Egerton telling Tom Hanks how to act.

United have just started a new way forward, and they should be allowed to see how that goes. Ole is unproven, so to say the club was wrong to appoint him is nonsense. We won't know until he has had a fair chance.

They got the best managers, gave them a load of money and look where we are.

To be fait to him, I don't normally mind J.C. but that was stupid saying they should sack Ole because he hasn't got the CV.

Ole was not unproven he'd been manager of Molde and he was manager at Cardiff he'd been a full time manager for around 10 years when he got the job it wasn't like Zidane or Guardiola getting pulled out of B teams he'd been managing clubs in domestic leagues may have even had a season in the CL with Molde.

Liverpool might be giving it the biggun but they're within their rights they put together a plan and they've stuck to it and are reaping the rewards but Carragher's point was they backed a manager with a track record of doing that job he build Dortmund up and toppled Bayern whereas Utd have back Ole who hasn't got that proven record for doing that job.

Carragher is right to call out Ole's record and profile because take away the fact he used to play for Utd his CV as a manager doesn't get him that job.

I imagine there are more failure stories of proven managers than unproven.

It doesn't wash with me, the only proof will be this time next year. Other talk is hyperbole. I'm not 100% on Ole either, but to just spout off without him having a chance is nonsense.

Shankly - managed small clubs
Paisly - no managerial experience
Fagin - no experience
Daglish - no experience
Souness - Rangers only
Evans - none
Houlier - was a gamble really
Benetez - had a good CV

the rest are a mixed bag.

It's easy to sit there and give it the large while you're doing ok for 18 months or whatever. Slagging off rivals is embarassing. Especially when the manager hasn't had a fair chance and the only decent players he has are injured.

I found an article where he condemns Klopp for being too attacking, now listen to him. I'm pretty sure I remember him talking about Klopp not doing enough and they might have to get rid of him too.

This is why I hate Liverpool more than any club, no class.

From an interview with Carragher in Jan 2017

'The changes from the bench are coming far too slow, they’re coming late in the game

The teams he’s picked for the games we haven’t agreed with. The fact he’s started with them teams and then hasn’t recognised at half time and made the change, and then the changes are coming 70, 80 minutes. It’s far too late

But now they’re running out of energy and legs were maybe seeing what this Liverpool team is and you look at the bench, it’s nowhere near big or strong enough'

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most of that you could easily translate to the current United side. It quite simply isn't a strong enough team. The manager may be wrong but it doesn't matter. You aren't fighting for the league with this crop of players against what City and Liverpool have.

I imagine there are more failure stories of proven managers than unproven.

It doesn't wash with me, the only proof will be this time next year. Other talk is hyperbole. I'm not 100% on Ole either, but to just spout off without him having a chance is nonsense.

Shankly - managed small clubs
Paisly - no managerial experience
Fagin - no experience
Daglish - no experience
Souness - Rangers only
Evans - none
Houlier - was a gamble really
Benetez - had a good CV

the rest are a mixed bag.

It's easy to sit there and give it the large while you're doing ok for 18 months or whatever. Slagging off rivals is embarassing. Especially when the manager hasn't had a fair chance and the only decent players he has are injured.

I found an article where he condemns Klopp for being too attacking, now listen to him. I'm pretty sure I remember him talking about Klopp not doing enough and they might have to get rid of him too.

This is why I hate Liverpool more than any club, no class.
I thought I'd heard it somewhere

I think Carragher's point was more an over arching point of how have Utd let themselves get into the situation where Ole is even getting that job in the first place. I think his intention was probably to try and get Keane to attack the owners as Carragher has been pretty out spoken about the ownership mess my guess is he was trying to get Keane to go down that road but Keane used it as a reason to stick up for his mate Ole. I think Carragher was basically saying Utd keep lowering the standards and expectations whereas for years Utd always wanted the best be that players, managers, commercial people etc.

I do still think CL qualification had to be the target this season Utd are on course for their lowest points total post Fergie we will probably end up with less that 60 points this season last season we got just under 70 did people really expect us to end this season with less points than we did last season?
I know I’m changing the subject from what you said and it’s probably been covered eles where but what souness said “if Man Utd came here with there best 11 and played there best game they might get a draw here” comment just rubs me up the wrong way , he was very cocky it’s the only time I remember him this cocky because he knows they will have the league , I can’t stand the man , just wanted to say it on here somewhere

I know I’m changing the subject from what you said and it’s probably been covered eles where but what souness said “if Man Utd came here with there best 11 and played there best game they might get a draw here” comment just rubs me up the wrong way , he was very cocky it’s the only time I remember him this cocky because he knows they will have the league , I can’t stand the man , just wanted to say it on here somewhere
Me to but I have to say carragher is far worse is voice really gets to me the most its like hes talking with a mouth full of spit & talk about spitting he shouldn't even have a job with sky the dirty crettin

Souness is a very bitter man and I don’t rate him as a pundit at all but there are so many around. To be honest the standard of punditry on Sky especially for the big games is pretty awful.

Chris Sutton and Alan Shearer are also very insufferable especially when it comes to analysing United.

Me to but I have to say carragher is far worse is voice really gets to me the most its like hes talking with a mouth full of spit & talk about spitting he shouldn't even have a job with sky the dirty crettin
Carragher can jump on the band wagon all he want but he has never won a league and never will but this will be the closest feeling to it for him , he’s views are irrelevant if he was tht good why isn’t he a manager?

Souness is a very bitter man and I don’t rate him as a pundit at all but there are so many around. To be honest the standard of punditry on Sky especially for the big games is pretty awful.

Chris Sutton and Alan Shearer are also very insufferable especially when it comes to analysing United.
How he has a job is beyond me

If you ever read Charlie Nicholson's predictions he hardly ever goes for a United win!

I think it just hurts because it’s true Souness and Carra have been equally as scathing about Liverpool in the past when their results have been poor.

If there’s a time to be cocky it’s when your 20 points clear in January and haven’t lost all season they’ve earned the right to shove it down everyone’s throat. God knows we enjoyed doing it to them through the 90s, 00s and 10s.

I mean our manager is saying some mad crap at the moment that makes us look pathetic and while I haven’t yet reached full ole out mode it’s starting to get harder and harder to defend.

I think it just hurts because it’s true Souness and Carra have been equally as scathing about Liverpool in the past when their results have been poor.

If there’s a time to be cocky it’s when your 20 points clear in January and haven’t lost all season they’ve earned the right to shove it down everyone’s throat. God knows we enjoyed doing it to them through the 90s, 00s and 10s.

I mean our manager is saying some mad crap at the moment that makes us look pathetic and while I haven’t yet reached full ole out mode it’s starting to get harder and harder to defend.

I hear people saying they are ole out because he can’t even get the Fernandes deal done but he’s not the one phoning them up bidding it’s Woodward, Ole only gives Woodward a list. Even though I’m not convinced by ole if a new manager did come in he would have to have oles morals with the club.

I hear people saying they are ole out because he can’t even get the Fernandes deal done but he’s not the one phoning them up bidding it’s Woodward, Ole only gives Woodward a list. Even though I’m not convinced by ole if a new manager did come in he would have to have oles morals with the club.

Think the truth is we don't really know how all this works but Ed gave and interview to UWS recently which basically suggested.

Ole says what he wants in terms of position and type of player the scouts go out and come back with reports on what is potentially available they then create a shortlist from all the players the club has been watching and start making enquiries into whether or not they'd be open to the move. They also start looking into the players background try and get some idea of what sort of character he is. Once they decide to make a move Matt Judge then seems to be the one who leads the negotiations with other clubs but he's obviously given parameters to work within by Woodward if Judge has to go above that limit he needs to get Woodward's approval and he may even have to get Glazer's to sign it off.

The whole process feels very long and you can see why Utd don't move quickly in negotiations it doesn't feel like a club that make quick decisions.

You'd hope a good director of football would help stream line this as he or she would likely know the sort of figures required to make a deal and a good director of football might also help shift some of the deadwood out.

Blaming Ole for the quality of the squad is harsh he's not had anywhere near the time to fix that problem really we should be judging Ole on what he can do with that squad. I think that squad can finish in the top 4 it obviously can't win the league so really that's the benchmark he should be judged by at the end of the season. He's had some horrible luck with injuries this season but that's part of the game you have to manage that but I also think he has to accept there's tactical problems he hasn't solved and recently he's said some silly things in the press that won't go down with fans.

The battle between fans and owners leave him in a sticky situation as he needs to play both sides of that game and keep both on his side but again top managers have to do that and it's part of the job.

I do think as a club we are setup to fail on the pitch that is because the top of the club isn't 100% committed to win at all costs which is what our rivals are focusing on doing that means any manager who comes in will struggle.

What's happened to merson?
I think he predicts
Think the truth is we don't really know how all this works but Ed gave and interview to UWS recently which basically suggested.

Ole says what he wants in terms of position and type of player the scouts go out and come back with reports on what is potentially available they then create a shortlist from all the players the club has been watching and start making enquiries into whether or not they'd be open to the move. They also start looking into the players background try and get some idea of what sort of character he is. Once they decide to make a move Matt Judge then seems to be the one who leads the negotiations with other clubs but he's obviously given parameters to work within by Woodward if Judge has to go above that limit he needs to get Woodward's approval and he may even have to get Glazer's to sign it off.

The whole process feels very long and you can see why Utd don't move quickly in negotiations it doesn't feel like a club that make quick decisions.

You'd hope a good director of football would help stream line this as he or she would likely know the sort of figures required to make a deal and a good director of football might also help shift some of the deadwood out.

Blaming Ole for the quality of the squad is harsh he's not had anywhere near the time to fix that problem really we should be judging Ole on what he can do with that squad. I think that squad can finish in the top 4 it obviously can't win the league so really that's the benchmark he should be judged by at the end of the season. He's had some horrible luck with injuries this season but that's part of the game you have to manage that but I also think he has to accept there's tactical problems he hasn't solved and recently he's said some silly things in the press that won't go down with fans.

The battle between fans and owners leave him in a sticky situation as he needs to play both sides of that game and keep both on his side but again top managers have to do that and it's part of the job.

I do think as a club we are setup to fail on the pitch that is because the top of the club isn't 100% committed to win at all costs which is what our rivals are focusing on doing that means any manager who comes in will struggle.
i really want ole to do good but watching us this season has been painful we never dominate a team we’re always on our nerves and this defences not going to improve we’ve got this back 5 for a while and we’re still conceding goals like we’ve just conceded against Burnley championship defending at best

i really want ole to do good but watching us this season has been painful we never dominate a team we’re always on our nerves and this defences not going to improve we’ve got this back 5 for a while and we’re still conceding goals like we’ve just conceded against Burnley championship defending at best

I think we all want him to succeed but the evidence for why you should expect him to achieve is weak.

We just aren’t getting better at set pieces Maguire who is supposed to be our main guy totally switched off which isn’t good but the attackers have missed 3 great chances.

As for the set piece issue they either can’t learn or they aren’t being taught properly because the mistakes keep happening.

I think we all want him to succeed but the evidence for why you should expect him to achieve is weak.

We just aren’t getting better at set pieces Maguire who is supposed to be our main guy totally switched off which isn’t good but the attackers have missed 3 great chances.

As for the set piece issue they either can’t learn or they aren’t being taught properly because the mistakes keep happening.
This is as low as we have been maybe it’s time to pre sign poch even though he won’t guarantee nothing he will set us up better .

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back