How long do we give Solskjaer?

The current situation is what you get when you have the WRONG board AND WRONG manager.

The is NO plan on or off the pitch. Off the pitch we will be unable to attract the big players and the 'brand' is becoming less desirable day by day. The stadium also needs a facelift. Would Sancho, Dembele, Soumare want to come to a club in disarray? Which then makes us reliant on the scouting network which currently isn't very successful. The lack of a Director of Football appointment after 17 months speaks volumes and appears to be only lip service to the fans.

On the pitch we have no system, urgency, pressure, creativity. Ole gives the young players a chance and they have grasped that opportunity and played well, mainly because of their own talent, but do you honestly believe he has the coaching methods to improve players?

This could take decades to fix with our current owners.

Is Burnley’s squad better than United’s squad?
Simply put... No.

Ole isn't completely to blame we all know that. And Ole can't take this current team back to where we all want it to be. But I don't think he's getting the most out of the team he has either.

Well that's got to be the worst I've seen us play at OT dont know how it came across on tv? I'll have to watch it back

Squad wise no. Starting 11 tonight. Isn’t much in it. I’ve long been calling for Pope as De Gea’s replacement when he leaves for ages. Tarkowski and Mee are a better defensive partnership than any we have. I’ll give us the right back though like Lowton. And our left back had been playing top level football for 11 minutes.

Our midfield you’ve continuously said Periera wouldn’t get in to any other side in the league. Though I really don’t rate their middle two either. Do like Hendrick as a player and have honestly never noticed their left winger in my life before.

Upfront Martial is the superior talent but my god there are times I dream about having a Jay Rodriguez in our side.

Obviously we’ve got the better squad but when you compare the teams that started today it really isn’t that much of a shock and Burnley.

How long before we just drop Martial?

Tonight’s performance was another dire one. But this squad just needs ripping up. Starting line up wise.

De Gea, AWB, Maguire, New Signing, Williams, McTominay, Pogba, New Signing, Rashford, New Signing, New Signing

And our starting 11 isn’t even what’s bad it’s the squad depth to go with it. The moment you scratch below the surface it’s bottom 6 stuff. Jones Shaw Bailly Periera Lingard Matic wouldn’t stand out in the Aston Villa side.

As much as I wish a change of manager would have us suddenly competing. It simply isn’t going to happen. I don’t see us winning a title in the 2020’s at this current rate. The upper echelons of the club have given up on winning. And that’s that over.

Mostly yes, their squad is better than our starting XI today. Our players who are better are probably limited to DeGea, AWB, Williams, and Martial. Some of our players are in the same level as Burnley players, and some are worse.

Their centerbacks are better, their midfield is better, and their forwards were mostly better.

Our full squad fully fit is better, but that contest only happens on paper.

I'm afraid I can't put any coherent argument forward. I honestly don't know if it's oles fault or the people above him. We have let go fellaini, smalling, Herrera, lukaku, Sanchez who would probably all get in last night's team, and not really replaced them. You might argue Maguire has replaced smalling, but I believe they should both be playing. Is that oles decision or Woodward.? If ole thinks that he can make these players into a top 4 team then he needs to go. If his hand are being tied by Woodward then he needs to go. In truth they probably both need to go.

Solskjaer isn’t the only problem at the club, but he is a big problem. I’m repeating myself but the manager is the most important person at a football club. The majority of things will fall into place with the right manager.

What brand of football is Solskjaer trying to implement? Why is the players’ movement so poor? Why can’t United defend set pieces? Why can’t United score from set pieces?

Solskjaer has publicly stated that he has final say on transfers. He decided to let Fellaini, Lukaku and Smalling leave.

Solskjaer has publicly stated that he decided to spend last summer’s transfer window on two defenders when it was blindingly obvious the squad required reinforcements in other areas.

The players look clueless because they have little direction from the manager. Burnley played like a team, United look nothing like a team. The manager’s role is to enhance the qualities of the players; Solskjaer is failing miserably.

When have these players looked good? Martials record for a season is still in his first season. Everyone else loaned Periera out. Will a different manager get a time machine and fix Matic’s legs? Shaws hunger and Lingards passing ability?

Ole is getting a better tune out of Shaw Martial Rashford Fred Mata than Mourinho could.

Ole might not be the man long term and it’ll be a shame but whilst you keep blaming Ole you’re letting the real culprits off.

Would anyone actually be excited and hopeful for the future if we brought in a new manager? I certainly wouldn’t. We would still have the same structure, the same people in charge and the same players. We need an overhaul from top to bottom but you can’t fix a club by just sacking the manager. Ole isn’t doing great but it’s not going to get any better this season by sacking him in my opinion.

Sacking the manager this season won't help, but getting a new guy in before the start of the new season is essential. No matter how many good players we buy, Ole isn't the manager to mould them into an effective team.

Its come's to sumet when your 10 year old says we need jesus in our team,him from city I said?no gods son because we need a mirical to get us into the top four

it is geting to sack the manager time, if we want to get top 4. If we want to play the long game and allow him to try and get his model then we need to keep him.

But I still maintain, the same problem will happen with a new manager in 18 months.

There is no hope for our club all the while the Glazers own it.

Its come's to sumet when your 10 year old says we need jesus in our team,him from city I said?no gods son because we need a mirical to get us into the top four
Trust kids to tell it how it is! But I think right now it would take a miracle. We were so toothless last night it was untrue.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

If the board want to support him they need to do so with players for his squad. Somehow they need to push through a couple of transfers in this window. If they could get Fernandes done, maybe an experienced striker, and the Bellingham deal, and het a couple back from injury this would do 2 things.
1 - it would give ole a chance to push for top 4 and show signs of improvement.

2 - it would do the opposite. It would show he isn't capable of moving them forward and needs replacing.

Either way it means the owners and Woodward starting to put what happens on the pitch first.

We have to push through a couple of transfers because our squad is battered and bruised and mentally done. The young players look fatigued and we are forced into playing Fred and Matic three times a week because there is nothing else - this will of course lead to physical burn out. Our problems are coming home to roost now.

We need to push through the Fernandes and find a striker from somewhere - that’s the absolute bare minimum.

we desperately need a Matic replacement, a Fernandes type player and a striker.

that's what I would be looking at this window.

Burnley players on pure ability wouldn't last 10 seconds at a club where they are exposed to playing 1 vs 1 like you are at Utd Burnley setup in a way that makes them hard to break down it's 4-4-2 the two lads up top play off the long ball the rest of the team basically sit deep and stay tight together. They are very well drilled at it because they've been doing it for years and they bring in players who thrive in those conditions they know that over a season this tactic will get them enough points to stay up but it won't get them enough points to challenge for Europe basically they have a clear plan and they stick to it rigidly and everyone owners, manager, players, fans all buy in to it.

Last night Ole set the team up well in my opinion maybe could have been braver and started Greenwood but we don't know if he's struggling physically in some way. His starting XI created 3 really good chances that at this level you need to be taking certainly challenging the keeper. We go behind to more sloppy defending but also a set piece that is hard to defend because Burnley are really good at set pieces if you lose that first header the Wood is a real handful on the second ball. The second goal is just an absolute worldy that caught out the keeper who obviously isn't expecting that.

These results will continue to happen because the players are not good enough some will improve because they are young and still learning some won't because they just haven't got what it takes. This summer Utd have got to make big change I'm not buying into this slow and steady crap this summer needs to be 5 or 6 players in this needs sorting we've given the youngsters a go this season we know which ones can step up and which ones can't so it hasn't been a total waste but it's time to plug the gaps the academy can't fill.

If the board aren't prepared to make that sort of move in one summer in terms of changing the playing squad then changing the manager won't make much difference. Obviously considering our average spend for a player these days must be close to £50m Utd need to find smart moves in the market because to do what needs to be done you are talking £250-300m spent in one window. They've had all year to plan this they should already have the list of targets and backup targets and a good idea of which ones will happen and which ones wont.

As for the manager they need to be making this plan with or without Ole next season I do think their needs to be fair criticism of what he's doing with the players he has but he can only do so much with them he's on track to deliver less points than we did last season is that really acceptable?

The big problem remains the structure it should not be the Ole plan or the Mourinho plan or the LVG plan it should be the Utd plan you set a plan for 5 years and you bring in the right people to suit that plan a manager like a player has to be a piece of the puzzle that can be changed if it isn't working. Our club just don't want to operate like that which means every time we get it wrong we almost end up having to start again.

Burnley players on pure ability wouldn't last 10 seconds at a club where they are exposed to playing 1 vs 1 like you are at Utd Burnley setup in a way that makes them hard to break down it's 4-4-2 the two lads up top play off the long ball the rest of the team basically sit deep and stay tight together. They are very well drilled at it because they've been doing it for years and they bring in players who thrive in those conditions they know that over a season this tactic will get them enough points to stay up but it won't get them enough points to challenge for Europe basically they have a clear plan and they stick to it rigidly and everyone owners, manager, players, fans all buy in to it.

Last night Ole set the team up well in my opinion maybe could have been braver and started Greenwood but we don't know if he's struggling physically in some way. His starting XI created 3 really good chances that at this level you need to be taking certainly challenging the keeper. We go behind to more sloppy defending but also a set piece that is hard to defend because Burnley are really good at set pieces if you lose that first header the Wood is a real handful on the second ball. The second goal is just an absolute worldy that caught out the keeper who obviously isn't expecting that.

These results will continue to happen because the players are not good enough some will improve because they are young and still learning some won't because they just haven't got what it takes. This summer Utd have got to make big change I'm not buying into this slow and steady crap this summer needs to be 5 or 6 players in this needs sorting we've given the youngsters a go this season we know which ones can step up and which ones can't so it hasn't been a total waste but it's time to plug the gaps the academy can't fill.

If the board aren't prepared to make that sort of move in one summer in terms of changing the playing squad then changing the manager won't make much difference. Obviously considering our average spend for a player these days must be close to £50m Utd need to find smart moves in the market because to do what needs to be done you are talking £250-300m spent in one window. They've had all year to plan this they should already have the list of targets and backup targets and a good idea of which ones will happen and which ones wont.

As for the manager they need to be making this plan with or without Ole next season I do think their needs to be fair criticism of what he's doing with the players he has but he can only do so much with them he's on track to deliver less points than we did last season is that really acceptable?

The big problem remains the structure it should not be the Ole plan or the Mourinho plan or the LVG plan it should be the Utd plan you set a plan for 5 years and you bring in the right people to suit that plan a manager like a player has to be a piece of the puzzle that can be changed if it isn't working. Our club just don't want to operate like that which means every time we get it wrong we almost end up having to start again.
Not a truer word said, well said fellow red !

. I’ve long been calling for Pope as De Gea’s replacement when he leaves for ages. T

for me, there has got to be scope in selling De Gea and using Henderson, Sell Pogba, there's 200 - 250m to spent on the squad there.

On the Burnely first goal, wtf was Jones doing? giving that free kick away

I think he was putting one on Wood who'd been roughing him up a bit he saw a chance to go through him knowing he wasn't going to get booked for it he's a Blackburn boy so he's not an inbuilt hatred for everything Burnley and I think it came out.

I think Burnley executed the set piece to perfection it's a long ball from the half way line no defence should ever concede to that buy Maguire had switched off and allowed Wood to get in front of him and get a clean shot at goal.

This is a trademark Burnley free kick/set piece which suggests to me either the team are not preparing properly for the opponent in terms of set pieces or the players aren't listening to what they're being told.

It's what you have to be clinical against teams like Burnley because they can turn long balls into goals you can't afford to miss your chances.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back