Houllier Wants Owen & Carrick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Houllier Wants Owen

with Hernandez, Macheda and others coming through, don't think he's be a big miss.. will be surprised if he sells for much though..

Let him go, loved his contribution last year. But, he hasnt shown enough to impress, macheda and chich should get the nod ahead of him to help them improve..

Would be best for Owen if he wants to play football. I think he wants trophies now though.

I think Owen is a good sub and we can't forget his hat-trick against Wolfsburg and the goalagainst City. But frankly I will not mind if he goes out. His contract ends in this season, so, if the Villa's big is really good. it's a case to be considered.

Honestly, I don't think Owen is not playing just because Berba's good moment. Remember that Berba wasn't playing well in last season an even so, Owen was not getting chances.

To be honest I just want us to keep Owen, so we can say, he won more with us in 2 years than he did after so-and so years with Pool. Childish I know.

Give him 90 mins and he will score. Sometimes just a few minutes enough but give him 90 and it is very likely you will see him score.

Might happen next summer if Carrick doesn;t get back to his best but I can't see it happening in January. I think Owen might leave though maybe not in January but I think he'll definitely leave next summer.

Thought Scholes was below par in his time on the pitch. Not on long enough to make a real judgement though.

Carrick was one of a few positives today.

he hasn't been consistent this season, but has been better than last season, only he could play like he did against Blackburn more consistently?

Carrick has been one of United's best players in the last 10 weeks.
He didn't start the season so hot, but has come right.

i don't agree with that, i'd say Scholes, Rafael, Nani, Berbatov, Park, Evra, Rio and Vidic have all been better than him.

One of United's best players, wouldn't say best, he's been inconsistent maybe due to injuries. For me though he's shown signs of the old Carrick and that can only be a good thing. His work goes unnoticed too most of the time.

will be interesting if we sign anyone in Jan, WOuld be brilliant if we could sign Javier Pastore! but don't think we will pay the amount Palermo want :(

I think there are others in line for the chop before Carrick.

If Carrick does leave, I don't think it will affect us too much if we get players in. I like Carrick but I think our Midfield needs freshening up, not sying he should go necessarily but we do need new midfielders. Someone has to go to make space for these incomings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back