Home workout recommendations

There were about 20 of us. Didn't ask people their ages but I'd say the 3 leaders were in their 40's. Then a range of people from early 20's to early 50's. They had us in groups of 6 with 1 leader. I'd assume I was the eldest in my group of people.

But everyone was happy spirited and in a good mood. Which made it fun. Stopped occasionally and people would give some information they knew about where we'd stopped.

You always come across very appreciative and interested of these things. Do you mind if I ask, have you done any such stuff, long distance walking, hiking, climbing etc either in the UK or elsewhere? If not, is there anything in particular holding you back from these activities?

I love walking and go for a walk most days after I finish work. Nothing special just around an hour.

The most I have walked is around 13 miles in the countryside but I would like to do something a bit different. I never have much of a plan, just walk for a couple of hours and then walk back. I love walking near water too.

I was looking at organised treks to Everest earlier on in the year. I think it would be amazing to see and a massive and unforgiving challenge.

I am going to start doing some research and start looking at beginner treks.

I go hiking a fair bit and this isn't the case at all @Shoot . The people are from all walks of life and everyone is friendly and moreover, there is usually a lovely village put at the end of most hikes for a well needed pint. I recently did, more of a walk than a hike, the Seven Sisters white cliffs that end up in Eastbourne which is just a stunning walk/views. Around 13 miles.

I don't get involved in groups though, there is so much info on Google to search through and there are some good hiking groups on Facebook that share info on walks etc (it's the only thing I use FB for, bloody horrible app lol). I'm planning doing a good stretch of Hadrian's Wall early next year and I really must get round to Snowdon as well. I'm in the Midlands so most places are quite accessible from there.

I love walking and go for a walk most days after I finish work. Nothing special just around an hour.

The most I have walked is around 13 miles in the countryside but I would like to do something a bit different. I never have much of a plan, just walk for a couple of hours and then walk back. I love walking near water too.

I was looking at organised treks to Everest earlier on in the year. I think it would be amazing to see and a massive and unforgiving challenge.

If you need any help with Everest Base Camp let me know, I easily organised it all myself and still keep in touch with my Nepalese sherpa guide now. I didnt go the route of an organised trip as they are extortionate and you can do it all yourself for half the cost and you end up walking with groups along the way if you want anyway.

There are apps you can download onto your phone such as All Trials will give you all the trails. I think if you did plan some it would probably start something off, especially with your location, you have so much which is very accessible to you within reasonable distances, North Wales and the Lake District etc

There are apps you can download onto your phone such as All Trials will give you all the trails. I think if you did plan some it would probably start something off, especially with your location, you have so much which is very accessible to you within reasonable distances, North Wales and the Lake District etc

Thank you. I will download the All Trails APP.

If you need any help with Everest Base Camp let me know, I easily organised it all myself and still keep in touch with my Nepalese sherpa guide now. I didnt go the route of an organised trip as they are extortionate and you can do it all yourself for half the cost and you end up walking with groups along the way if you want anyway.

Was there any particular reason you wanted to do it?

I like doing different holidays and travelling to what i guess many people would call unconventional places, I'm not one for sitting round a pool so I wanted to do something really different. I've always been a bit fascinated by Everest so just thought why not. I booked the flights to Kathmandu about 11 months in advance which gave me time to do plenty of uphill training and doing lots of research on what and how to go about organising the trip once I got there. The whole thing from the minute I landed in Nepal is something I'll never forget, it was just a crazy experience from start to finish. Check out on youtube the airstrip you land on to get up into the Himalayas, called Lukla. It's listed in the top 5 of scariest landing places in the world and believe me, they ain't wrong!

Would you believe I found a tiny coffee shop in Namche Bazaar high in the Himalayas showing Man Utd v Liverpool live when I was there too!! I was quite gutted knowing I would miss the game so sat watching it from a deck chair outside the window. Rubbish game though 0-0 in the end haha

I fancy doing the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu in Peru in the next few years but it takes time to talk the mrs into these things haha.

We did Vietnam last year which was just brilliant, possibly my favourite country ever and we were gonna go the The Philippines this year but Covid put a stop to that!

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back