Home workout recommendations

Berba_God

I have avoided gym for past of couple of weeks but my gym closed last night. Anyone got any recommendations for a good home workouts? It is true what you say the less you do the less you want to.

I’m thinking about giving yoga a crack there’s plenty of 30 day online courses my mrs does them you don’t need any equipment for it.

We are still allowed outside so thinking about giving those couch to 5k podcasts a go never been a fan of running but it is something you can do on your own and we are still allowed to go outside.

I’m guessing YouTube is going to be flooded with people sharing ideas shortly.

the yoga is probably the way to go.....
sticking your finger up your bum and sitting on your elbow is a cure for all.

If you have a Nintendo Switch, the ring fit accessories are really good; fun and physically challenging.

The 100 press ups a day routine keeps the blood pumping.

I have avoided gym for past of couple of weeks but my gym closed last night. Anyone got any recommendations for a good home workouts? It is true what you say the less you do the less you want to.
I have managed to avoid the gym forvthe last 2 or 3 decades so no change for me.

I've just been doing body weight exercises, so push up and pull ups. You can variate the exercises to hit different muscles as well. So a closer grip press up will hit your triceps more etc. If you want cardio instead of strength, then I have no idea, but there's an abundance of different people on YouTube right now sharing home workout routines, so you might find them helpful.

I’m thinking about giving yoga a crack there’s plenty of 30 day online courses my mrs does them you don’t need any equipment for it.

We are still allowed outside so thinking about giving those couch to 5k podcasts a go never been a fan of running but it is something you can do on your own and we are still allowed to go outside.

I’m guessing YouTube is going to be flooded with people sharing ideas shortly.

A friend of mine is quite into Yoga and he always speaks highly of it! Might have to look into it myself.

A friend of mine is quite into Yoga and he always speaks highly of it! Might have to look into it myself.
I am just not pliable enough for that sort of thing. i am as stiff as an old board but I do like the mountains for getting some fitness about me

I am just not pliable enough for that sort of thing. i am as stiff as an old board but I do like the mountains for getting some fitness about me

I’m the same that’s why I wanted to give it a go start easy and see if it helps.

I’m the same that’s why I wanted to give it a go start easy and see if it helps.
It probably wont, I think you need to be made for that sort of stuff.
On a couple of occasions I ended up with severe tendonitis in my legs trying to stretch my hamstrings etc. It was painful even sitting still in the evening, something akin to restless leg syndrome until it cleared up.
Try something a bit easier that doesn't make demands on certain parts of your body that doesn't want to go there.

The Kama Sutra books are usually pretty cheap to get your hands on. Different way to go workout wise...

I got the dumbbells out from underneath the bed last night. I intend to use them a lot over the next few weeks. It can be underestimated just how effective they can be for getting the heart rate up and toning up. Do squats with them as well.
So that's my recommendation

I got the dumbbells out from underneath the bed last night. I intend to use them a lot over the next few weeks. It can be underestimated just how effective they can be for getting the heart rate up and toning up. Do squats with them as well.
So that's my recommendation
Yep did exactly the same thing, they were a little dusty but totally agree that any sort of exercise in isolation is really needed.

The skipping ropes arrived yesterday. I did 10 sets of 1 minute on/off.

I found it tough and my stamina has definitely decreased in a couple of weeks. Takes ages to build up strength/cardio but weeks to lose.

I am finding positive's in all this
I am mighty pleased I split a year ago and presently live on my own. My ex's favourite workout was swinging loaded paint rollers about with one hand, while glugging glasses of wine in the other. I wont even begin to try and further explain the scene or the end result to you but be assured many an Easter weekend were spoiled in this fashion.
Here's me feet up with a nice Pinot Noir and having a good old chuckle to Early Doors....... Give me isolation any day.

I actually think I've been more active the last couple of weeks and I'm an active person as it is.

Well despite best intention, truth is the last week I have eaten too much and drank too much wine, so time to act.
Weighed in at 18-7 this morning and compiled a weight loss chart on my desk top. I have set myself an initial weight loss target of 1.5 stone to bring me to 17-0.
I will then further assess but suspect I will want to get down to 16-5 to get to fighting weight.
So from this point it is down to 2 meals a day (portion controlled), first one around 10am and last one no later than 7pm. So that will be 15hrs a day without food most of which is in bed of course.
Will allow myself an alcohol limit of 2 bottles of wine a week as i would expect to fail if I tried zero alcohol at this time.
An exercise regime using dumbbells should compliment this well.

I am now fully focused on coming out the other side of lockdown much the better for it.

Good Luck to you all in how you deal with what is likely to be a long haul towards making the nation better,

Well despite best intention, truth is the last week I have eaten too much and drank too much wine, so time to act.
I think in week one that's to be expected. Lots of people trying to get to grips with the reality of this new norm.

I actually lost weight in week one think that was largely virus related and not really being able to taste anything is keeping the snacking under control but I guess that will change.

Work finishes tomorrow so might give Yoga a crack from Wednesday try and give my day a bit of structure start a beginners online class or something. Sure the mrs will enjoy me trying to stretch years of driving and desk jobs has left me stiff as old boots.

Well, 10 days past since I decided to start the health kick and diet with a view to coming out of lockdown better than I went into it.
5 lbs lost, no great shakes but I didn't start so well (needed a couple of days to consume the ice cream that was in the freezer and the bits of chocolate lying around) so looking to ramp it up a bit in the next week and lose another 5 lbs to get down to 17-11 by 14th April.

Such a shame Easter is cancelled but more important to be healthy. Stay disciplined folks!

Anyone else being good? or otherwise?

Into week two of a long delayed exercise regime. Two days on, one day off. Day one is some general strength work, bodyweight exercises etc and day two is a 5k treadmill run.

I need to get doing something. I’ve gone from playing football twice a week to not getting in any activity except for a walk and I’m eating ice cream like it’s going out of fashion. I’ve never even been one for ice cream before!

Went for my first run in about 2 years on Monday legs still feel like they’ve been pumped full of concrete.

Burpees, squats, press ups and sit ups today.

I was hardly an athlete before lockdown but 2 weeks of mild rona has definitely had an effect.

Even just running up and down stairs providing you don’t live in a bungalow is good.
Trying to jog around the garden 50 times and build it up from there as my fitness is pretty appalling too

Weighed in at 18-7 this morning and compiled a weight loss chart on my desk top. I have set myself an initial weight loss target of 1.5 stone to bring me to 17-0.
I will then further assess but suspect I will want to get down to 16-5 to get to fighting weight.
So from this point it is down to 2 meals a day (portion controlled), first one around 10am and last one no later than 7pm. So that will be 15hrs a day without food most of which is in bed of course.
Will allow myself an alcohol limit of 2 bottles of wine a week as i would expect to fail if I tried zero alcohol at this time.
An exercise regime using dumbbells should compliment this well.

I am now fully focused on coming out the other side of lockdown much the better for it.

Good Luck to you all in how you deal with what is likely to be a long haul towards making the nation better,
Well, it feels like it has taken a long time, but today I hit the milestone of 17-7lbs, that's 1 stone shed in lockdown.
I can now tell that it will need another stone shedding to get to where I want to get to so need to keep it up.
Hope some of you are also managing to reach your lock down aspirations.

Well, it feels like it has taken a long time, but today I hit the milestone of 17-7lbs, that's 1 stone shed in lockdown.
I can now tell that it will need another stone shedding to get to where I want to get to so need to keep it up.
Hope some of you are also managing to reach your lock down aspirations.
I think you have donated me your stone :(

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back