Home form

That's an understatement. Our poor form is being overlooked because we've had a couple of good ECL games.

United at home. This is the measure of the team. We're coming up short.

4 games
4 crap performances
3 defeats
1 draw
2 goals scored 1 open play 1 penalty
10 goals conceeded
3 pens given away

Very reminiscent of home games at the start of last season where we couldn’t score and dropped lots of stupid points.

Of 78 Premier League games played this season, 37% have been home wins and 44% away wins. In recent years, almost half of top-flight games have ended in home victories.

Behind closed doors games having an effect on the league throughout

I'd say it's a bit early to call as the fixtures could be misleading those stats but it's certainly something to keep an eye on over the whole season.

I certainly think in those games vs Chelsea and Arsenal the crowd would have given us a bit more life going forward they won't just sit and accept those sort of safe displays at home. Equally are we finding it a bit easier away from home as we don't have to deal with the home crowds getting their team up for the game.

Doesn't seem to be impacting Liverpool currently on a 63 game unbeaten run at home.

Guess it depends on what sort of players you have some players feed off crowds others block them out if you're someone who blocks them out then no crowds probably doesn't make much of a difference to you.

Must be weird for them though even little things like walking out of the tunnel or warming up must just feel odd with no one watching.

4 games at home in a row now. Time to put this home worries behind us.

Agreed. Come through this well and we are well set for the season. Come through it badly and the pressure is on. My gut feeling is confidence is growing.

You can see the whole lot are absolutely buzzing and feeding off each other right now.

They look like real group the way they mobbed Bailly at the end last night.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back