Higuaín to Chelsea?

jsp

Top Poster Of Month
Seems to be picking up legs.

Juventus desperate for him to leave
Milan seem happy to end their loan deal early and let him go.
Chelsea need a striker and he's worked with Sarri and he seems happy to go there.

The money is a problem Juventus want a deal that includes a permanent sale in the summer the deal with Milan was £20m loan fee for this season with £40m optional fee to make it permanent in the summer plus pay his wages which are reported to be around £300k a week.

Chelsea will need to sign up to something similar probably pay £10m loan fee plus wages for 6 months they may be able to negotiate down the permanent option fee in the summer.

He's a strange player as despite a ridiculous goal scoring record at 3 top clubs over the last decade people still think he's a bit crap because he's missed chances in big games.

I personally think he'd bang them in for fun in the Prem especially with a player like Hazard feeding him the bullets.

I must say I’m one of those people who doesn’t rate him. Honestly the times I’ve seen him I’ve been thoroughly underwhelmed despite his good goal scoring record.

Granted my sample size of seeing him is small but will definitely be interesting to see how he does because at 31 he’s no spring chicken anymore.

I've never really rated him either but didn't realise how good his goal record is. In league games:

107 in 190 for Madrid
71 in 104 for Napoli
40 in 73 for Juve

He doesn't really worry me though. 31 now days isn't really that much. He's 5 months older than Aguero.

He broke the Serie A scoring record that had stood for about 70 years.

I think teams are right to be cautious like you say 31 means he’s probably past his best which is why Juventus want to move on from him.

Reports are a 6 month loan deal with an option to extend for another year.

Will be a big loan fee involved and massive wages but I think for them it’s worth the gamble.

With Hazard supplying him I think he could score goals for fun as he’s used to being the main man.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back