Henrikh Mkhitaryan's future?

Sideshow Bob

Mkhitaryan has not been named in the match day squad for the game against CSKA.

What does the future hold for him?

I’m sure he’ll come back in at some point it’s to early to say it’s over for him but when he does come back he needs to take his chance.

It’s likely players in his position will arrive in the summer.

His career so far at Utd has been very stop start it seems he’s a streaky confidence player

Few rumours going around that he could be off as the manager has lost faith in him.

He confirmed in his press conference that every player has a price so if good offers come then players could leave and while this wasn’t directly aimed at Mkhitaryan a lot are suggestion he’s one Utd are open to offers on.

Would be a shame to see him go but he hasn’t really lived up to the expectations so I’d rather see the club make clinical decisions on players who aren’t cutting it like they did with Depay & Schniederlin.

Would be interesting to see who would come in for him if he was available.

It's not worked out for him simple as that really. This is a league and we are a side that demand more special moments of quality then sadly his been able to show us. It's similar to Kagawa a few years back. Another Dortmund star that had something special in his locker put just couldn't produce it week in week out. So based on that I'm not going to be calling for pulisic's signature, despite how good he looks just yet.

Miki though has done enough to hold a value about him and other sides won't look at him as a gamble, like say Depay might have been seen as. That might explain why only Lyon were really interested in him. Miki is a decent player and decent European sides will fancy him. He could be thrown in as bait for any future targets which would be fine with me. As long as he act swiftly on it and don't let him vanish from any suitors memories.

I think it's a bit soon to throw him under the bus.

Jose did that to De Bruyne once upon a time.

I think there's no point signing players from Dortmund when we don't play anything like Dortmund, Kagawa did ok in his first season at Utd when we won the title but he was benched by Moyes who persisted with the RVP/Rooney partnership & Mhiki has had 2 good spurts of form in his 18 months both runs lasted about 6 weeks the rest of the time he's been pretty poor.

Mkhitaryan is 29 years old it's a totally different situation to De Bruyne at Chelsea who was a young kid who wanted to play but had better players in front of him. If the club need money to buy new players and can get back close to what they paid for him (which will be tough as he's also on big wages) then I'd say move him on. He isn't consistent enough and not being able to play without Pogba isn't a good enough excuse. He might do fine at another team but I just don't see it working here for him so ruthless decisions have to be made.

I think it's a bit soon to throw him under the bus.

Jose did that to De Bruyne once upon a time.

It's just the way it works out though, like Depay who is playing better albeit in a farmers league lol. Depay looked like a rank amateur playing for Utd. Sometimes a player just doesn't click with a team or league. I've no doubt the quality HM has, we've all seen glimpses of it but that's all it's been.

Rumours are Inter are interested but want him on loan first which Utd aren’t interested in they are prepared to sell at right price but see no point in loaning him out and I agree with them.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Mourinho didn't want to sell De Bruyne, De Bruyne wanted to go, same as Pogba and Fergie. Young players lack patience these days and want to get out and play. Lingard has shown what can be achieved with patience.

There was talk of him being offered as part of the Sanchez deal not sure that was ever really an option.

I think this was his way of saying that bids for players are welcome but don’t take the micky

Mourinho pre match confirms Mkhitaryan not in squad for non football reasons basically said he’s not on the bench because he’s not sure if he’s staying in January.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back