Status
Not open for further replies.

Sideshow Bob

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Can see Dortmund digging their heels in and insisting Mkhitaryan sees out his contract, obviously they did it with Lewandowski. Money does talk though and if we offered enough then maybe they may relent. May have to be a touch more than £19m though. Would be a great signing, always liked him as a player and he kind of goes a little unnoticed, with stars like Reus, Auba, Gundogan getting all the plaudits. He does score and also conjures up a lot of assists. Would be ideal for us.

So is he an out and out striker? Don't really know anything about him so it's hard for me to judge... Just seems with Ibra coming in do we need another striker? But if someone tells me he's a number 10 with playmaking ability then sounds interesting. Does he have much pace? Does he go past people?

But if someone tells me he's a number 10 with playmaking ability then sounds interesting. Does he have much pace? Does he go past people?

You've explained him to a t! He is not got express pace but he's not slow. Definitely not a striker.

You've explained him to a t! He is not got express pace but he's not slow. Definitely not a striker.

OK in that case I do feel a little better about this link then. I was fearing we were loading up with strikers when really what we want is Ibra for a season then Rashford to take over after that.

OK blimey so 25 goals last season was it?! For a number 10? So if you likened him to a player who would it be? Style wise I mean.

Maybe he plays slightly deeper than a 10 but he can play anywhere really, think I even saw him play the odd game wide for Dortmund. Not sure what exact stats were last season but he was near the top of the assists table last season.

As for who he is like, certain facets of his game could be likened to Sanchez, and the way he arrives in the box to score is Lampard/Scholes like. Don't think he has scored as often for Dortmund as he did for Shakhtar but he is still a threat in front of goal. This is one signing I hope we can push through but seems like we may have to wait a year and get him on a free.

Sounds like a really exciting prospect. I've seen a couple of videos of him now and he looks like a really exciting talent! The main video above shows him coming in from a wing a lot and we have been saying that we need a right winger. Doesn't look like a slouch like you say so could be a really good signing. But seems a long way off at the moment.

Invariably when a player wants a move he will get it more often than not. I see that being the case again here. That's if the team go after him hard enough.

Sounds like Dortmund are happy to let his contract run down, they've done this in the past too.

Sounds like Dortmund are happy to let his contract run down, they've done this in the past too.

Yeah they could dig their heels in... Guess it depends how much he forces the point and how much we offer? A huge bid would put pressure on them to sell now I think.

I don't think they're bothered by money. They want to win the Bundesliga. They've lost Hummels and Gundogan already and it sounds like they don't want to lose anyone else.

I don't think they're bothered by money. They want to win the Bundesliga. They've lost Hummels and Gundogan already and it sounds like they don't want to lose anyone else.

Yeah I can see that but... If they want to win the Bundesliga then they really need to look at their philosophy. Selling their top players to their biggest rival most years isn't going to get them closer to winning the title.

Really like Mkhitaryan. He seems to have played mostly on the right last season although I'd say he's more of a number 10 type in style of play. Saw him for the first time for Armenia against Ireland around 5 or 6 years ago and he was quality so have kept tabs on him since. Good age too, hopefully would have a Payet-esque impact. We'll need to place our faith in Raiola kicking up a shit storm to get it done, although he seems pretty adept at that. Reports that Dortmund are already looking at possible replacements such as Schurrle though so that's a good sign.

Mkhitaryan has form when trying to force a move, he kicked up a storm when he was with Shakhtar and they were digging their heels in, when Dortmund wanted him. I think if we offer a solid fee then we will get him, like has been said before I don't think Dortmund really care about the money but I don't think there is any point keeping an unhappy player. In the past I think Lewandowski was happy to wait and performed well in his final season, I'm not sure Mkhitaryan will have the same impact. Think this will go through but it may drag on and can conceivably see Mourinho getting peed off and moving on to other targets if this doesn't go through quickly.

Seems promising this! Looks like maybe as long as Dortmund find a replacement they will let him go!

Anyone else think this is going to be one of those sagas? That runs all summer looking on then off then back on? Or will that kind of saga be reserved for a bigger name? No disrespect to Mkhitaryan.

Exciting times ahead then it would seem?! Looks like this could be a done deal in the near future and another player in. Just a CM now then I reckon?

I think someone like Kante would be the absolutely ideal signing now. Someone to do the donkey work while letting others do the business around him.

Looks like this Mikky deal is done as Sky reporting we have agreed a £26m fee, judging by some of the crazy transfer fees about, this would be a steal. Probably deflated a touch as he has only one year left on his contract, but still could be the business of the summer.

Yeah looks like this one is done and I'm really impressed by how we are going about our business this off season! No messing about for a change. With Zlatan due in for a medical soon too that'll be 3 signings done by early July. Still need that CM though.

It was agreed according to 'Sky Sources' but I take those stories with a pinch of salt most of the time. Sure it'll happen soon, Dortmund are lining up replacements so yeah should be concluded soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back