Henderson signs new deal | Loan to Sheffield United for 19/20

SuperRash

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Best result all round. We tie down a promising keeper and he gets a year in the top flight. Wonderful.

Yeah that's a great result that. Although with Dave signing an extension I'm not sure Henderson will ever get a fair crack at it here.

Been called up to the senior England squad after Heaton pulled out injured.

Had an up and down start made some great saves but had that absolute howler vs Liverpool.

The comments from Wilder after suggests he feels Henderson has some issues with concentration during games which he feels causes mistakes.

Thing is... With Dave signing a new deal he's unfortunately very unlikely to ever get the chance here. Real shame as he looks a really bright young English prospect.

Who knows with Dave the new deal protects everyone club and player if Madrid did come again he might still get sold but I tend to agree the likelihood is Henderson moves on permanently in the near future might be something Utd can do a deal on where we sell him with a buyback arrangement in it.

So assuming his loan deal expires on 30th June do Utd recall him to weaken a rival or let him carry on playing for Sheffield Utd?

They still have Tottenham, Wolves, Leicester, Chelsea and Everton. Let him go back there and help take points off of them.

Plus they’ve got Arsenal in the cup. Help knock them out and he can’t play against us.

Don’t want them taking to many points though do we?

They still have Tottenham, Wolves, Leicester, Chelsea and Everton. Let him go back there and help take points off of them.

Plus they’ve got Arsenal in the cup. Help knock them out and he can’t play against us.

Almost worked perfectly so far. Lost to us and then beat Tottenham, Wolves and Chelsea.

Depends how much money we can get for him.

Looks like the club are going to stick with De Gea, because Henderson wants to play so he isn't going to want to stay, so it's all about the money,

Can't see us selling to Chelsea unless they offer us silly money which would be more than they paid for Kepa which they won't.

Still got a few years on his contract he's desperate to play for Utd my guess is they'll be loaning him to Sheff Utd again next season and he'll probably be ok with that as it's a good club and he'll be able to keep pushing for that England spot.

The only alternative to that is Utd keep him at the club next season and say to the two keepers there is no number 1 the moment your form drops the other guy comes in and you basically have to wait for him to mess up to get back in.

I think if De Gea has another shaky season next year with high profile errors, and Henderson continues to develop as he is doing, I can see us making him our number 1 the year after.

I don't think you can just dump De Gea and bring in Henderson, it's a huge step up.

I think the plan would be get Henderson out on loan next season, hopefully Sheffield Utd will make the Europa so he can get some exposure there. Also no doubt he’ll play for England at some point soon. Then he comes back and competes with De Gea for a season then the season after he gets the number 1 spot. Could be the trajectory we are looking for.

I think the plan would be get Henderson out on loan next season, hopefully Sheffield Utd will make the Europa so he can get some exposure there. Also no doubt he’ll play for England at some point soon. Then he comes back and competes with De Gea for a season then the season after he gets the number 1 spot. Could be the trajectory we are looking for.
I'd agree with most of that except I'd say United should bring him back after next season to be the #1 if he has another good year.

I think De Gea has had his chances, in fact far too many. He's been poor for 2 seasons at least and makes as many mistakes as he makes worldies saves these days which isn't good enough. Meanwhile we have a keeper on loan making a great name for himself.

But, yet again, we've got a player on a HUGE contract that no one else would consider due to wages so we are stuck with him so I'd fully expect Utd to give Dave another season. Maybe that will be the extra season that will bring Hendo right on to be a top, top level keeper.

I think De Gea has had his chances, in fact far too many. He's been poor for 2 seasons at least and makes as many mistakes as he makes worldies saves these days which isn't good enough. Meanwhile we have a keeper on loan making a great name for himself.

But, yet again, we've got a player on a HUGE contract that no one else would consider due to wages so we are stuck with him so I'd fully expect Utd to give Dave another season. Maybe that will be the extra season that will bring Hendo right on to be a top, top level keeper.

Maybe PSG? But I do think we keep De Gea for atleast one more year.

Ha, see my posy Footballfantasic has quoted me on above and look what DDG has done again!

Some times you have to make a hard choice with keepers Chelsea had something similar with Cech and Courtois, Cech was a bit older but he'd started to decline so Chelsea mad the tough call and after 12 months Cech decided to leave.

I do think Utd have to consider making the same call put them both in the squad next season say it's head to head whoever is in the best form will play and see how they both react to it.

They should have done that this season with the way DDG has been. Romero isn't what I would want long term but he'd keep Dave on his toes, where he clearly isn't now. Ole HAS to drop him now, if he doesn't then it's just a cop out.

I don’t think you can drop him with two games to go. Romero comes in under pressure drops a clanger and who do you play vs Leicester?

Keep Dave in see the season out and give Romero the Europa league games.

Henderson had no PL experience at the start of this season sending him to Sheff Utd to me made a lot of sense even with the benefit of hindsight for me it was the right move.

Anyone watched a lot of Sheff Utd? How good is Henderson at controlling his box and what is he like with his feet?

He’s not someone whose highly thought of when it comes to playing with his feet. His lack of ability with the ball at his feet is actually the reason many feel Southgate will stick with Pickford.

Jesus, he can't be that good if Pickford gets the nod ahead of him. I personally think Deano needs a second season in the Prem with SHU, it's a big ask to come to Utd with one season under his belt. That aside, we have serious issues with DDG.

whatever happens, De Gea neesd to go or be pushed next season, its just not good enouhg, no matter how good he has been.

If Henderson is not good enough then we may need to look elsewhere, Pope?

Completely agree with that, DDG has had his day and Pope has had a brilliant season but surely they would look at Henderson first?

Pope isn't good enough with his feet to be a keeper at a top club Utd want to play from the back so they need someone who's really comfortable on the ball and is also a good shot stopper. Pope is probably the best shot stopper in the league but most of what a top keeper does now is with his feet rather than his hands.

Ederson is a pretty average shot stopper but his value to City is his distribution.

If Henderson isn't comfortable with the ball at his feet then that is going to be a problem for him if he comes back to Utd.

Henderson had no PL experience at the start of this season sending him to Sheff Utd to me made a lot of sense even with the benefit of hindsight for me it was the right move.

Anyone watched a lot of Sheff Utd? How good is Henderson at controlling his box and what is he like with his feet?
I have a bit of an issue. Dean has similar qualities to the ddg of a few years ago, he also has similar flaws. Good shot stopper. Dont particularly think he commands his box. No particularly good with his feet. Braver than ddg and younger.

I have a bit of an issue. Dean has similar qualities to the ddg of a few years ago, he also has similar flaws. Good shot stopper. Dont particularly think he commands his box. No particularly good with his feet. Braver than ddg and younger.
Then he deserves the chance to be United's #1? Give him that chance whilst they are in this rebuild period? If he's not good enough they'll know in a year or two.

I don't think we have got time to see if he will be good enough, Ole doesn't have that luxury of trying to bed in a keeper who may or may not be good enough. Tough call for Ole on this one as there probably isn't loads in the kitty, I'm sure the RF is earmarked, if it was me I'd be looking for a CB to partner Maguire and CDM. The keeper is just another headache.

I don't think we have got time to see if he will be good enough, Ole doesn't have that luxury of trying to bed in a keeper who may or may not be good enough. Tough call for Ole on this one as there probably isn't loads in the kitty, I'm sure the RF is earmarked, if it was me I'd be looking for a CB to partner Maguire and CDM. The keeper is just another headache.
Why? United aren't competing next year, the year after perhaps. De Gea is making costly mistakes so why not?

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back