Harry Maguire | Match Discussion thread 2019/20

Sideshow Bob

Premier League: Manchester United 4-0 Chelsea - 11th August 2019

Excellent debut.

SuperRash

Such an impressive debut. He is what we have lacked for so many years. Him and Lindelof look like they have a good chance of forming a great partnership. Also both are pretty good on the ball so hopefully the days of the ball being hoofed by Smalling and Rojo are over.

jsp

Good start seemed to be on the same wave length as Lindelöf as well which helps be interesting to see how he does vs Wolves their front 2 gave us a lot of trouble last season a big man little man combo that worked really well together can our centre backs get control of them and limit their chances.

JSNFRMN

He settled my nerves by giving me that sort of feeling Vidic used to give me, just never felt like he was going to get beaten, same with Wan-Bissaka. He'll head the ball away and be brave when looking to block but he also had a bit of Rio about him in composed defending, stayed on his feet and got his foot on the ball a number of times, I think one of those times resulted in a goal too.

Maguire and Lindelof didn't look like it was their first game together and I hope that partnership will just improve and grow. If there is a doubt over the partnership, it's pace and Tuanzebe has that in abundance so he has to take that chance when he gets it.