Harry Kane to consider Tottenham future?

Sideshow Bob

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

You can't really blame him. The club has stalled in the last year or so and I'm not sure what direction they are going in? He's being wasted there as one of the world's best strikers.

he's had a few injuries that might put clubs off. I imagine Barca would be the destination.

Mbappe is getting it in the neck from the French press, the fans don't particularly like him, he's going to Madrid this summer I would bet. Which could be bad news for Pogba.

Talk of Madrid going for Poch too

My guess would be City I think they'd move hell and earth to get him in outside of England yeah probably looking at the big two in Spain both could be in the market for a striker in the summer.

Figures involved make any move difficult and as others have said the injuries have started to hit him so clubs taking him need to proceed with caution.

As for Mbappe, i did read Madrid are thinkng Haaland could be a cheaper and better option. He could be stuck at PSG

I still think Madrid will go for Mbappe ahead of Haaland for now and I think Haaland is likely to be at Dortmund for at least 1 more season.

If they can find the cash can easily see them going for Mbappe this summer and Haaland next summer or whenever that release clause kicks in.

Should Utd look at breaking the bank for Kane?

Do you guys want Kane? If we are going to pay obscene amounts for a striker, I want that striker to be recognized as one of the best in the world. Is Kane? I'm not English and so the fortunes of the English team don't really matter to me, and the homegrown pride of having a great English striker also doesn't matter to me. 2016-17 and 2017-18 he was banging them in. Are his best years behind him, now he's 26? I honestly don't know but I've just never been that thrilled with Kane.

Do you guys want Kane? If we are going to pay obscene amounts for a striker, I want that striker to be recognized as one of the best in the world. Is Kane? I'm not English and so the fortunes of the English team don't really matter to me, and the homegrown pride of having a great English striker also doesn't matter to me. 2016-17 and 2017-18 he was banging them in. Are his best years behind him, now he's 26? I honestly don't know but I've just never been that thrilled with Kane.

I'm not sure. He's a very good striker and guaranteed goals, but he has been riddled with injuries the past few seasons. Whether his best years are behind him or not is open for debate, as it's quite common for strikers to being banging them in their late twenties and early thirties. Lewandowsi, Zlatan and Suarez are just some of the examples of this. He's not a striker that relies heavily on pace either, such as Torres, Rooney or Owen did, who were arguably never the same after serious leg injuries. It just depends what affect these injuries have actually had. He's not exactly an exhilarating player to watch, but I think if we were to sign him, he would score a lot of goals.

I'm not sure. He's a very good striker and guaranteed goals, but he has been riddled with injuries the past few seasons. Whether his best years are behind him or not is open for debate, as it's quite common for strikers to being banging them in their late twenties and early thirties. Lewandowsi, Zlatan and Suarez are just some of the examples of this. He's not a striker that relies heavily on pace either, such as Torres, Rooney or Owen did, who were arguably never the same after serious leg injuries. It just depends what affect these injuries have actually had. He's not exactly an exhilarating player to watch, but I think if we were to sign him, he would score a lot of goals.
Honestly, thank you for that response. I was prepared to get blasted for not loving Kane. I only watch Spurs when we play them, and I did see England play in Moscow, and when you see a player like Kane in person compared to Neymar, they seem like they are playing different sports. I guess I am gun-shy thinking it might be Lukaku 2.0. If we were to get Kane, would it be at the expense of Rashford or Greenwood? I'm not even sure anymore who our best center forward is, or if we even have one besides Ighalo. Rashford, Martial, and Greenwood all seem to do better coming in from wide.

Kane is world class in my opinion and suggestions that his best days are behind him are ludicrous. He will come back with a bang.
This said, given how our squad is evolving it would be difficult to justify such an outlay on a player that could stunt the development of players like Greenwood who i believe could also become world class.
It s better we make these players than buy them, so I think we should forget about Kane.

The days of the marquee signings for the sake of it , with short term vision are over. Ole is in the process of leading us back to greatness with astute new signings and working with MP and NB for youth development.
God bless them all.

It's a tough one my heart says absolute no brainer best number 9 in England for the last few years alongside Aguero he's still got plenty of years left in him and he is exactly what this team has been missing since 2013 when RVP hit the wall.

Head says the injuries are loading up and you'd be taking a huge financial gamble but this enforced break might mean the Kane that comes back is fully recovered and no longer playing through pain and taking risks.

I do think with a better team around him Kane could just focus on being a relentless goal scorer like Lewendowksi or even Ronaldo have become conserve your energy and just be alive in the box. With the sort of players Utd have he should be able to stay up top which means his body won't take as much of a battering physically.

PSG are about to sign Icardi
Inter are trying to sign Cavani on a free plus they have Lukaku
Barca are trying to sign Martinez from Inter.

Real Madrid maybe but they've got Benzema don't think they're in a rush to replace him either.

I'm 99% sure Kane is a Spurs player next season just don't see where he goes now he might have missed the boat for going abroad maybe 12 months time City might try to go for him if they feel it's time to replace Aguero.

Barcelona are basically skint at the moment players taking massive pay cuts to stop the club going bust during lockdown.

Unless Suarez is being sold Kane would be crazy to go there Suarez is Messi's best mate and we all know Messi runs that club so his mate will be in the team every week.

I've not heard one person linking Kane to Barcelona.

Yeah but I'm Kane part of my terms for going would be Suarez goes now you don't want Messi's best mate hanging about while you settle in just ask Griezmann.

You can't keep two top strikers happy unless your system plays both of them which Barca's don't really as they're both out and out number 9's neither is going to play wide.

As I said I've seen nothing from any source saying Barcelona want Kane it seems like the plan for them is Martinez the only other striker I've seen them linked to is Firmino but even that wasn't an on going link.

I really don’t want Kane and it worries me that we might spend a large sum on him. He’s 26 and already seems like he’s fading a bit. He’s playing deeper and deeper and has lost half a yard of pace.

I don't think we'll spend money there with Greenwood in the ranks.

I can't see us going for Kane unless he was going at a seriously cut down rate which he won't be.

He's still a great striker but think he has had to adapt his game a bit to protect his body he's not as physically dominating as he was a few years ago.

Not sure he’d want to join us why join another “project” if he leave Spurs bit like RVP he wants to go into a ready made title winner.

Not sure he’d want to join us why join another “project” if he leave Spurs bit like RVP he wants to go into a ready made title winner.
Maybe he stuck with Spurs this long because there is a romantic element in him somewhere that believes in the 'project' or wants to lead his club to trophies. Therefore, he's not looking to join ready made success and just piggyback his way to a few tin pots, rather, he's looking for the opportunity to be the cause of a team's success, not just a participant in it. *clutches all the straws*

Maybe he stuck with Spurs this long because there is a romantic element in him somewhere that believes in the 'project' or wants to lead his club to trophies. Therefore, he's not looking to join ready made success and just piggyback his way to a few tin pots, rather, he's looking for the opportunity to be the cause of a team's success, not just a participant in it. *clutches all the straws*

Just have to hope that like RVP Utd had that sentimental draw over City not really sure that will happen I think the draw back then was working with Fergie.

He’s so good he just instantly fits into anyone’s team but if he’s on the market the only club I think that wouldn’t go for him would be Bayern because they have Lewendowski.

Just hard to see how the deal can get done unless Levy is prepared to be fair with him. It could just be a play by Kane to put pressure on the club to invest in the summer. He can’t enjoy playing under Mourinho one of the best strikers in the world but spends most of the game miles from goal.

Would he fancy the reunion with Poch at PSG if Mbappe does leave they would have the money.

Just have to hope that like RVP Utd had that sentimental draw over City not really sure that will happen I think the draw back then was working with Fergie.

He’s so good he just instantly fits into anyone’s team but if he’s on the market the only club I think that wouldn’t go for him would be Bayern because they have Lewendowski.

Just hard to see how the deal can get done unless Levy is prepared to be fair with him. It could just be a play by Kane to put pressure on the club to invest in the summer. He can’t enjoy playing under Mourinho one of the best strikers in the world but spends most of the game miles from goal.

Would he fancy the reunion with Poch at PSG if Mbappe does leave they would have the money.
When any professional feels like they're performing at a level that they don't see in their colleagues, or demanded by leadership/admin, they start to look longingly at other workplaces who have high standards, hold themselves accountable and are usually successful. At first, they try and reproduce the same things in their current situation, but when it's resisted eventually they give up and leave. This is obviously what happened with RvP, and the gold standard for everything not happening at Arsenal at the time was Fergie's United.

Kane is in the same boat, except thanks to Ed and his band of bumbling idiots, Pep and City are the model for professionalism and everything Kane doesn't see at Spurs.

I honestly don't think he's ready to leave Spurs yet, and like you said, it's probably a pressure play for investment in the summer, however if he does want out, there are much better options for him to consider than us. Sigh...

When any professional feels like they're performing at a level that they don't see in their colleagues, or demanded by leadership/admin, they start to look longingly at other workplaces who have high standards, hold themselves accountable and are usually successful. At first, they try and reproduce the same things in their current situation, but when it's resisted eventually they give up and leave. This is obviously what happened with RvP, and the gold standard for everything not happening at Arsenal at the time was Fergie's United.

Kane is in the same boat, except thanks to Ed and his band of bumbling idiots, Pep and City are the model for professionalism and everything Kane doesn't see at Spurs.

I honestly don't think he's ready to leave Spurs yet, and like you said, it's probably a pressure play for investment in the summer, however if he does want out, there are much better options for him to consider than us. Sigh...

Yeah feels to me like he’s given them enough chances and they’re just not delivering he emerged in a truely top quality team with a good young manager. That teams been slowly pulled apart and they’ve gone for a manager with totally different ideas. If i was Kane I’d be having serious doubts over the ambitions of the club they never go the extra mile in the transfer market it’s the absolute minimum every summer.

Utd’s hope might be him seeing loads of young high energy attacking players around him to lessen the burden. Might need a few of the England lads to sell it to him during the summer can they get in his head and make him think Utd are ready to really kick on. He may even feel that Ole’s style suits him a bit better at this stage of his career can he press from the front?

Sadly you are correct City now are running rings around us both on and off the pitch but even then I don’t see them breaking the bank on Kane hasn’t really been their style if they are willing to spend £120m or whatever it would cost they’re going Haaland/Mbappe before Kane.

Real Madrid have got agent Bale in their two telling him to go to Madrid it’s miles better than Spurs

PSG have got to be the favourites surely, Levy is not going to want see him banging in goals in the prem for someone else.

Still think the player will decide his future the clubs can try to push you in one direction but players tend to get what they want.

I don't think Levy would want a really p*ssed off Kane lingering around the club if he blocked his move because Levy knows from past experience that ends badly.

I do think Levy will want a bit more money from a PL club than a club in another league but that is to be expected it's all about what is reasonable uplift for selling to a rival.

Here's hoping Kane saw what Cavani was able to do on Sunday and began to imagine what his life could look like in a red shirt.

Noticed on several occasions, strikers moving, with a choice of club's interested, have a habit of joining teams where the manager was a striker throughout their career !

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back