Harry Kane to consider Tottenham future?

RichH2016

You can't really blame him. The club has stalled in the last year or so and I'm not sure what direction they are going in? He's being wasted there as one of the world's best strikers.

Mr C

he's had a few injuries that might put clubs off. I imagine Barca would be the destination.

Mbappe is getting it in the neck from the French press, the fans don't particularly like him, he's going to Madrid this summer I would bet. Which could be bad news for Pogba.

Talk of Madrid going for Poch too

jsp

My guess would be City I think they'd move hell and earth to get him in outside of England yeah probably looking at the big two in Spain both could be in the market for a striker in the summer.

Figures involved make any move difficult and as others have said the injuries have started to hit him so clubs taking him need to proceed with caution.

Mr C

As for Mbappe, i did read Madrid are thinkng Haaland could be a cheaper and better option. He could be stuck at PSG

jsp

I still think Madrid will go for Mbappe ahead of Haaland for now and I think Haaland is likely to be at Dortmund for at least 1 more season.

If they can find the cash can easily see them going for Mbappe this summer and Haaland next summer or whenever that release clause kicks in.

Should Utd look at breaking the bank for Kane?

Cosmic Slop

Do you guys want Kane? If we are going to pay obscene amounts for a striker, I want that striker to be recognized as one of the best in the world. Is Kane? I'm not English and so the fortunes of the English team don't really matter to me, and the homegrown pride of having a great English striker also doesn't matter to me. 2016-17 and 2017-18 he was banging them in. Are his best years behind him, now he's 26? I honestly don't know but I've just never been that thrilled with Kane.

SomeresetRed

Do you guys want Kane? If we are going to pay obscene amounts for a striker, I want that striker to be recognized as one of the best in the world. Is Kane? I'm not English and so the fortunes of the English team don't really matter to me, and the homegrown pride of having a great English striker also doesn't matter to me. 2016-17 and 2017-18 he was banging them in. Are his best years behind him, now he's 26? I honestly don't know but I've just never been that thrilled with Kane.
I'm not sure. He's a very good striker and guaranteed goals, but he has been riddled with injuries the past few seasons. Whether his best years are behind him or not is open for debate, as it's quite common for strikers to being banging them in their late twenties and early thirties. Lewandowsi, Zlatan and Suarez are just some of the examples of this. He's not a striker that relies heavily on pace either, such as Torres, Rooney or Owen did, who were arguably never the same after serious leg injuries. It just depends what affect these injuries have actually had. He's not exactly an exhilarating player to watch, but I think if we were to sign him, he would score a lot of goals.

Cosmic Slop

I'm not sure. He's a very good striker and guaranteed goals, but he has been riddled with injuries the past few seasons. Whether his best years are behind him or not is open for debate, as it's quite common for strikers to being banging them in their late twenties and early thirties. Lewandowsi, Zlatan and Suarez are just some of the examples of this. He's not a striker that relies heavily on pace either, such as Torres, Rooney or Owen did, who were arguably never the same after serious leg injuries. It just depends what affect these injuries have actually had. He's not exactly an exhilarating player to watch, but I think if we were to sign him, he would score a lot of goals.
Honestly, thank you for that response. I was prepared to get blasted for not loving Kane. I only watch Spurs when we play them, and I did see England play in Moscow, and when you see a player like Kane in person compared to Neymar, they seem like they are playing different sports. I guess I am gun-shy thinking it might be Lukaku 2.0. If we were to get Kane, would it be at the expense of Rashford or Greenwood? I'm not even sure anymore who our best center forward is, or if we even have one besides Ighalo. Rashford, Martial, and Greenwood all seem to do better coming in from wide.

Shoot

Kane is world class in my opinion and suggestions that his best days are behind him are ludicrous. He will come back with a bang.
This said, given how our squad is evolving it would be difficult to justify such an outlay on a player that could stunt the development of players like Greenwood who i believe could also become world class.
It s better we make these players than buy them, so I think we should forget about Kane.

The days of the marquee signings for the sake of it , with short term vision are over. Ole is in the process of leading us back to greatness with astute new signings and working with MP and NB for youth development.
God bless them all.

jsp

It's a tough one my heart says absolute no brainer best number 9 in England for the last few years alongside Aguero he's still got plenty of years left in him and he is exactly what this team has been missing since 2013 when RVP hit the wall.

Head says the injuries are loading up and you'd be taking a huge financial gamble but this enforced break might mean the Kane that comes back is fully recovered and no longer playing through pain and taking risks.

I do think with a better team around him Kane could just focus on being a relentless goal scorer like Lewendowksi or even Ronaldo have become conserve your energy and just be alive in the box. With the sort of players Utd have he should be able to stay up top which means his body won't take as much of a battering physically.

jsp

PSG are about to sign Icardi
Inter are trying to sign Cavani on a free plus they have Lukaku
Barca are trying to sign Martinez from Inter.

Real Madrid maybe but they've got Benzema don't think they're in a rush to replace him either.

I'm 99% sure Kane is a Spurs player next season just don't see where he goes now he might have missed the boat for going abroad maybe 12 months time City might try to go for him if they feel it's time to replace Aguero.

jsp

Barcelona are basically skint at the moment players taking massive pay cuts to stop the club going bust during lockdown.

Unless Suarez is being sold Kane would be crazy to go there Suarez is Messi's best mate and we all know Messi runs that club so his mate will be in the team every week.

I've not heard one person linking Kane to Barcelona.

jsp

Yeah but I'm Kane part of my terms for going would be Suarez goes now you don't want Messi's best mate hanging about while you settle in just ask Griezmann.

You can't keep two top strikers happy unless your system plays both of them which Barca's don't really as they're both out and out number 9's neither is going to play wide.

As I said I've seen nothing from any source saying Barcelona want Kane it seems like the plan for them is Martinez the only other striker I've seen them linked to is Firmino but even that wasn't an on going link.

Rammlied

Think Barcelona need Kane real quality replacement to outgoing Suarez.

Shoot

If United did sign Kane, where would that leave Martial? Out the door, simple as that.

Cosmic Slop

Not interested in Harry Kane. He would be the entire transfer kitty and we need other areas sorted first.

IDFD

I really don’t want Kane and it worries me that we might spend a large sum on him. He’s 26 and already seems like he’s fading a bit. He’s playing deeper and deeper and has lost half a yard of pace.

Mr C

I don't think we'll spend money there with Greenwood in the ranks.

jsp

I can't see us going for Kane unless he was going at a seriously cut down rate which he won't be.

He's still a great striker but think he has had to adapt his game a bit to protect his body he's not as physically dominating as he was a few years ago.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now