Hannibal Mejbri

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

If that was a full strength Liverpool, Hannibal is tearing it up in the U23s. He looks capable, just wonder if his willowy frame will bulk up enough to withstand the physicality of the Prem. He turns 18 in January, I hope we can keep him and I hope he is patient and waits for his chance in the first team, because he will get them.

From what I hear discipline is an issue for him he is wound up a bit to easily so he needs to develop that self control as top players will feed on that and use it to get you into trouble.

Might get into a match day squad in the FA cup later in the year depending on how the draw goes but I imagine he’s training with the first team.

Coming on really nicely for the U23’s this season, he has added a little more discipline to his game as well. Played really well last night and looks to have a good understanding with Diallo. Probably won’t see him for the first team this season but would like to think he will be part of the first team at some point next season.

He's been training with the first team players who aren't on international duty this week.

Club have even put photos out on their social media of it so everyone knows.

Think this season we might get a look at him if there are any dead rubber games at the end of the season.

So just how good could this kid be?
Potential wise, very special.

He has matured in the youth teams now. One time his discipline was not good at all but that is slowly being ironed out. His general play is improving, needs to fill out a bit but I have no doubts the kid will make it here. There isn’t many I’ve said that about over the years. Give it a couple of years and think he’ll be very much in our first team and thriving.

Potential wise, very special.

He has matured in the youth teams now. One time his discipline was not good at all but that is slowly being ironed out. His general play is improving, needs to fill out a bit but I have no doubts the kid will make it here. There isn’t many I’ve said that about over the years. Give it a couple of years and think he’ll be very much in our first team and thriving.
What position do you think he'll play in the United first team? CM?

What position do you think he'll play in the United first team? CM?

He will be a central midfield player but the stuff I read on him suggest he’s still maybe 1-2 years away from being ready for our first team.

I think we might see him around the first team at the start of next season training with them and maybe league cup chances before going on loan for the second half of the season.

He looks to be at the stage where U23 football already isn’t enough of a challenge for him.

Discipline can be a problem for him but at U23 level he gets kicked off the park and the refs allow some shocking tackles to go unpunished and he sometimes reacts to the rough treatment.

He’s decided to play for Tunisia rather than France.

That's a shame. I was hoping we'd see him get quite a few first team chances this season.

If these young players can't get into this team, then we may as well just flog them.
I know the mood is quite grim in here at the moment but there has to be a little bit of common sense shown.

You cannot just throw players into the first team that aren’t ready - especially in an underperforming team in transition. I trusts the manager if he thinks Hannibal isn’t quite ready and would benefit from a loan move.

I’m all for young players being given a chance but has to be at the right time.

I know the mood is quite grim in here at the moment but there has to be a little bit of common sense shown.

You cannot just throw players into the first team that aren’t ready - especially in an underperforming team in transition. I trusts the manager if he thinks Hannibal isn’t quite ready and would benefit from a loan move.

I’m all for young players being given a chance but has to be at the right time.
It's not like he's a kid, he's 21. Play him.

Antony is 22, Sesko 19, Gapko 23.

It's not like we are just targetting players who are old and has beens.

Just play them because the current 11 are awful

Hannibal is 19. Doesn't turn 20 until next year.

The players you have mentioned have had first team football yes but in weaker leagues. Throwing in a youngster into the EPL when he’s not ready is like throwing him to the lions!

Hannibal is 19. Doesn't turn 20 until next year.
oh yeah, apologies, I read his birthday doh! (21st)

yeah maybe 19 is too young, 21 year olds I think we should know by then.

Did you happen to see the show on TV last night about the under 12's at Palace. Pretty brutal really.

The players you have mentioned have had first team football yes but in weaker leagues. Throwing in a youngster into the EPL when he’s not ready is like throwing him to the lions!

Which funnily enough is the nickname of the club he will probably be going to.

Vital these lads go and play first team football a year of getting 30-40 first team games will do this lad a world of good.

Vital these lads go and play first team football a year of getting 30-40 first team games will do this lad a world of good.

Prefer for Hanni to stay inhouse. His temperament needs around the clock work.

Unless you're Chong

He actually did ok at Birmingham last season just had rotten luck with injury missed about 3 months from memory.

That lad just isn’t a premier league level player he needs to get himself back to Holland and play at a lower standard regularly for a few seasons.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back