Gyliano van Velzen

Status
Not open for further replies.

g@mb!t

Seems we've signed him from Ajax, He's a winger. Read about him about 2-3 weeks ago, but the rumours died down, but it looks like he's signed with us. Remember reading in an Ajax forum, the fans weren't too worried about him leaving them though!

I remember this last month, something was written on Facebook in Dutch or something saying he'd joined us. Ajax's youth academy is incredible. He's probably good, lets face it, we wouldn't have signed him if he wasn't.

He was 14 here. He looks massive. Good skill and strength.

[youtube:2uc91bu0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KcHtVv8fKA[/youtube:2uc91bu0]

he just became 16 i thiunk, and yeah he had tweeted about a month ago that he had just landed in manchester and that he was on his way for his medical, but since then its been all silent!

http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... B:eek:fficial
Van Velzen (16) to United
By Eline , August 20, 2010 6:36 p.m. , , Source: Ajax Showtime | Wed 50 euro free games

Youth Player Gyliano van Velzen (16) was conspicuously absent the past few weeks with Ajax B1. Finally there is clarity about the Ajax youth international, he goes immediately to Manchester United. The left winger played for Ajax from the C2.

Gyliano van Velzen, born April 14, 1994, came in 2007 from Stanford to the youth of Ajax. He played in the Ajax youth teams C2, C1 Ajax, Ajax B2 and this year he would begin in the B1. Last season he did a few times along with the B1 and played in the Dutch national team under 16 years.

Ajax is not happy with the departure of Van Velzen and probably a lawsuit sue Manchester United to FIFA or UEFA. The Amsterdam club believes that Manchester United Van Velzen and his parents a house in Manchester has offered and that Van Velzen for that reason (relocation) to the English club to play football. (Photo: AZjeugd.nl)

A Left WInger, Academy does lack wingers, especially with Robbie Brady now moving up to reserves

Just saw the team news on twitter, Lingard seems too small and light weight to me, he's quick and versatile, been played up front and in midfield too...i doubt he'll make it, hasn't got many chances though..lets see this season

3-2 win after being 2-0 down. The U18s have definitely got that United mentality of never say die.

As per the spokesperson we haven't but i don't think we can believe what he says, Ajax asking for Settlement seems positive, better than Le Havre who went ballistic from day 1!!

There aren't any rules over signing European youngsters at the moment. It's up to the player where they want to be.

Massive isn't he. He's 16 now, wonder if he's grown... still growing... Bebe and this kid on the wing in a few years, it'll be like watching Rugby. Two Jonah Lomu's running down the wing.

I don't like really tall wingers, they seem awkward when they run! :lol:
Prefer shorter guys, like RIbery, shorter guys are more agile and turn quicker i think??

He is only 14 in the video, 14 year olds don't run like professionals. Even 18 year olds.

i was saying considering Obertan actually, not many tall wingers really make it, do they? can't remember many actually..

Ronaldo was pretty tall. Suppose you could class him as a Striker aswell though. I still believe the reason Tosic didn't make it was because he was so short.

i think Tosic's main weakness was his build, wish he was given a chance.

I hope Bebe doesn't end up the same!

Giggs isn't exactly short. Beckham neither. I think the reason Van Velzen looks so tall is because the others are so short in the video.

i meant in comparison to people like Van Velzen and Obertan, their height seems normal..didn't mean you have to be short to be good... Van Velzen is almost 6' 1" already!!

http://www.tribalfootball.com/gyliano-v ... ed-1117281
Gyliano van Velzen has enjoyed his first few weeks with Manchester United.

The Dutch teen was a controversial summer signing from Ajax and is currently playing for United's U16s.

"When I heard that in all the newspapers they were writing about me, I was very surprised," said Van Velzen.

"But these things do not keep me busy, I prefer to focus on my football.

"I always wanted to play for Manchester United. I came here with my eyes wide open, but I didn't realise how big a club it is."

http://www.tribalfootball.com/gyliano-v ... rs-1117461
Dutch whizkid Gyliano van Velzen says he's found his move to Manchester United a step up from what he was used to in Holland.

The 16 year-old midfielder signed for United during the summer from Ajax.

"There is really a family atmosphere. At lunch you can see that the big stars sit at the table of the youth players and talk with us. Everyone wants to help each other," revealed Van Velzen.

"The training is a lot heavier than I was used to at Ajax. In the beginning I had to put in a lot of effort to keep up. Fortunately, now I am better. I am satisfied with my teammates.

"They are guys who give you a compliment when you do it right, but they put you in your place when you do something wrong."

I think he'll be involved this season for the U18s. Would like to see some newer video of him. He looked good when he was 14, wonder what he's like 2 years on.

his trnsfer hasn't been confirmed by Fifa yet i think, something similar to the Fornasier, masacci and Pogba deals, will have to wait a while..

Kenji Gorre very highly rated guy, Chelski tried to steal him from us last year!! but he stayed, supposed to be very talented, already made a few appearances for the U-18's i think, along with Barmby and Pearson, they are the best attacking talents coming through the academy in the next 2 years

Van Velzen played for the U18s tonight behind closed doors against Preston apparently.

Signed professionally now. Big future if he can realise his potential.

Just read someone write him off as a United player. Amazing.

thought he played well against Sheffield United. Lacks the final ball but he's been getting better every game. People have no patience, everyone can't be like Pogba and start off with a bang.

Only natural winger we've got at U18 level really at the moment. Cole does a brilliant job but he's seen as more of a CM.

Cole might be best playing behind the striker, his mobility and ability to get past players would be of great use.

great technical ability, his crossing is great, he's not a case of "he's quick, stick him on the wing" he is very good at crossing too. Wing might be his best option too due to his size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back