Costa Rica v Serbia, 13:00
Brazil v Switzerland, 19:00

Friday, 22nd June 2018
Brazil v Costa Rica, 13:00
Serbia v Switzerland, 19:00

Wednesday, 27th June 2018
Serbia v Brazil, 19:00
Switzerland v Costa Rica, 19:00​

Croatia: Subasic, Vrsaljko, Lovren, Vida, Strinic, Rakitic, Modric, Rebic, Kramaric, Perisic, Mandzukic

Nigeria: Uzoho, Abdullahi, Troost-Ekong, Balogun, Idowu, Ndidi, Etebo, Moses, Mikel, Iwobi, Ighalo

8pm KO.

Pretty impressive looking Croatian side with lots of talent. Heard good things about Rebic so interested to see how he goes.

Got a Croatia win on my current accumulator so cheering them on!

Costa Rica v Serbia - 17th June 2018

Costa Rica:
Navas, Gamboa, Acosta, González, Duarte, Calvo, Venegas, Guzmán, Borges, Ruiz, Ureña

Serbia: Stojkovic, Ivanovic, Tosic, Milenkovic, Kolarov, Milinkovic-Savic, Milivojevic, Matic, Ljajic, Tadic, Mitrovic

It'll be interesting to see how Ljajic will play. I remember how he was tipped to be a superstar when United signed him, only to change their mind shortly after.

He’s had a good career in Italy but think he’s developed a bit of a reputation as being difficult to manage.

There was always something weird about why that deal fell through as Tosic still came.

Wikipedia claims it was a work permit issue that stopped the deal going through.

Serbia finally breaks the deadlock and what a way to do that. Fabulous free kick. Ronaldo who?:D

Yeah crackerjack of a free kick. Kolarov has always had that in his locker.

Not sure Costa Rica have got enough quality to get back in this but you never know in the WC!

Been some belting free kicks so far in this tournament.

Brazil v Switzerland - 17th June 2018

Brazil
: Alisso, Danilo, Silva, Miranda, Marcelo, Paulinho, Casemiro, Coutinho, Willian, Jesus, Neymar.

Switzerland
: Sommer, Lichtsteiner, Schar, Akanji, Rodríguez, Behrami, Xhaka, Shaqiri, Dzemaili, Zuber, Seferovic.

shame was hoping to get a glimpse of him have to wait a few more days.

Another stunning goal.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Going to be a hell of a goal of the tournament competition at this rate.

Looked a foul to me striker gave the CB a good shove in the back which pushed him under the ball, a little surprised VAR didn’t get involved on that one.

Disappointed by Brazil's performance.
I’ll say.

They had their moments but overall pretty underwhelming. Neymar was pretty poor also. I thought Switzerland were well worthy of a point and with a bit better decision making on the break they could have even won it.

Brazil have changed their system just before the tournament because they lost Dani Alves to injury so they put Coutinho into the midfield 3 so they could play Willian on the right as Danillo doesn't give them what Alves does going forward.

I agree they were dissapointing especially Marcelo who's passing was very sloppy not something you normally see from him.

I think they tried forcing it down the left side to much looking to Neymar who was crowded out second half not just by Swiss players but also by his own, the ref didn't help either he needed to crack down on the fouling of Neymar which slowed the game down so much and allowed the Swiss to constantly break the game up.

Thought they looked better with Firmino up front in the last 20 gave them more of a presence up top I wonder if we might see him start with Jesus out wide in the next game although it's unlikely that they will panic.

I think someone told the Brazilian players the wrong score. At 1-0 up they started to play like they were 3 or 4 up and ultimately paid the price.

Sounds like Neymar was cheating and diving all over the place as usual. About time they booked him.

Interesting comment at half time, I think by O'Neil, Emery has said you basically can't coah Neymar, he wants to boss the team and he only does what he wants.

Yeah Emery went public with some comments during his time at PSG saying he had half a squad willing to listen to him and his plans for how the team to play and then half the team basically doing whatever they wanted and while he didn't name Neymar he made it pretty clear who he was referring to.

It's a bit chicken and egg with Neymar I'm happy for refs to start carding him when he dives but they also need to start booking players for fouling him vs Switzerland it was ridiculous he was fouled something like 11 times none of them were for nasty tackles they were just cynical fouls to stop him most of the time and the ref didn't really catch on to what they were doing.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back