Sideshow Bob

Seeded Pot 1: Schalke, Zenit St Petersburg, Manchester United, Shakhtar Donetsk, Athletic Bilbao, Olympiakos, Villarreal, Ajax, Inter Milan, Fiorentina, Anderlecht, Viktoria Plzen

Pot 2: AZ Alkmaar, Braga, Salzburg, AS Roma, Fenerbahce, Sparta Prague, PAOK, Steaua Bucharest, Genk, APOEL, Standard Liege, St Etienne

Pot 3: Gent, Young Boys, Krasnodar, Rapid Vienna, Slovan Liberec, Celta Vigo, Maccabi Tel-Aviv, Feyenoord, Austria Vienna, Mainz, FC Zurich, Southampton

Pot 4: Panathinaikos, Sassuolo, FK Qarabag, FK Astana, Nice, Zorya Luhansk, Astra Giurgiu, Konyaspor, Osmanlispor, FK Qabala, Hapoel Beer-Sheva, Dundalk

Group Stage Matchdays
September 15th
September 29th
October 20th
November 3rd
November 24th
December 8th

On paper looks a tricky group and some would say a CL of old as Fener and Feyenoord used to be really decent teams. However they are not what they were and it should be plain sailing. I haven't even heard of the Ukranian team but that's always a long arduous trip.

Don't expect us to take this very seriously. Either side of one of the games we have Chelsea and Liverpool so think it's unlikely we'll play a strong side in that game.

Mourinho: "There are groups in the Champions League that are very similar, so it is a good for that," Jose explained at his press conference on Friday afternoon. "We know that it will be a difficult group, but I think that is a good thing. If you have teams without expression then even the fans may not enjoy nights at Old Trafford. It is good for the fans and for the players because it will help motivation. It is also good for a competition that doesn't have the same glamour as the Champions League. Having a team like Man United in the competition, playing matches against teams like Feyenoord and Fenerbahce - I do not have a vision about the Ukrainian team and their quality - is good for us."

Schweinsteiger has been omitted from United's Europa League squad.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

In fairness I kind of expected this... I'm still kind of shocked that he's been named in the Premier League squad to tell the truth.

In fairness I kind of expected this... I'm still kind of shocked that he's been named in the Premier League squad to tell the truth.

Only named in that because there was space. Valdes was still named in ours last season I seem to remember.

Europa League: Manchester United 1-0 Zorya Luhansk - 29th September 2016

I've never played poker before but anyone fancy poker night on Thursdays? I don't want to watch this competition anymore.

Ibra's goal was first shot on target. Only recall his free kick later as the other shot on target.

Thought they proved tough to breakdown, couple of their defenders outstanding, Rafael Forster in particular. Never heard of them but thought they showed why they're in this competition, no mugs. Drew their first game with Fenerbahce who beat Feyenoord the other night.

Thought they proved tough to breakdown, couple of their defenders outstanding, Rafael Forster in particular. Never heard of them but thought they showed why they're in this competition, no mugs. Drew their first game with Fenerbahce who beat Feyenoord the other night.

I think its giving them credit to mask what was a really poor United performance to be honest. Yes they were well organized, yes they made to tough to break them down but sorry if we want to be taken seriously you have to be doing a lot more to beat these teams comfortably.

Other result in the group: Zorya Luhansk 1-1 Feyenoord.

1. Fenerbahce Played 4 Points 7
2. Feyenoord 4 7
3. United 4 6
4. Zorya Luhansk 4 2

Let's just get it over with and get the hell out of this tournament. No point in going to the next stage as this team will get hammered by good teams.

This is our best chance of qualifying with the top seed. I think we should go for it. Otherwise it's bye bye to Europe for us.

This is our best chance of qualifying with the top seed. I think we should go for it. Otherwise it's bye bye to Europe for us.

Then so be it. I'm almost thinking something needs to drastically go wrong for this team to change.

Europa League: Zorya Luhansk 0-2 Manchester United - 8th December 2016

Finished second in the group.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back