Gedson Fernandes

Sideshow Bob

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

About time we signed a Fernandes

Hear it’s a loan with an option to buy.

Midfield needs reinforcement so if they’ve done the homework why not give it a shot based purely on that video can see him getting caught on the ball a lot in this team.

Anyone actually seen him play?

So West Ham rumoured to be favourites. Apparently he favors a move to London! That's how far we have fallen. West Ham over us.

Well we don’t know whether we are/were interested. Whenever a Benfica player is on offer we are literally the first team to be linked.

Apparently he’s being shipped to everyone by his agent if you think West Ham could take a player we actually want over us you’re heads gone mate.

This stinks of every Benfica player we’ve ever been linked with it’s like every Portuguese journalists computer auto corrects every football club to Man Utd.

Benfica have just signed Wiegl from Dortmund so they want him out the door to raise some cash.

Didn’t realise Weigl was off to Benfica, that guy was so highly rated a few years back! Maybe he thinks a move to Portugal will kickstart his career. Also for €20m - what a steal!

Didn’t realise Weigl was off to Benfica, that guy was so highly rated a few years back! Maybe he thinks a move to Portugal will kickstart his career. Also for €20m - what a steal!

Yeah I was surprised to hear that as well remember him being touted as the next big thing a few years back but apparently his style didn’t really fit the last few managers. Apparently he was filling in at centre back last season.

Benfica probably think a few good seasons with them (in an easier league) and they’ll be able to double that fee by selling him to a club in a richer league.

Surprised a bigger team didn’t take the gamble especially teams who like to keep a lot of the ball.

Apparently he’s being shipped to everyone by his agent if you think West Ham could take a player we actually want over us you’re heads gone mate.
In this day and age I think in some situations they could actually. London based, fairly new stadium with ambitions.

In this day and age I think in some situations they could actually. London based, fairly new stadium with ambitions.

Players won’t care about the stadium and in terms of ambitions actions speak louder than words.

Story seems to be West Ham have made an offer that is of interest to Benfica but the player has no interest in joining them.

Their stadium is awful with the fans too far away to make any atmosphere.

They’re in a relegation battle. A genuine one with Watford starting to find form. They’re only 2 points above the idea any player would see them as a more attractive option than United is silly.

Don’t see anything in this player telling me he’s a good player I don’t think we will buy him or anyone this window we’ve taken some risks with players from other leagues and look how that has turned out alothough I don’t agree that we should be focusing only on English players either

The latest seems to be that he's close to a loan deal with Spurs but with players coming out of Portugal you never know what to believe.

The reporting from the English side of things suggests that we were never in for this guy we along with every other PL club were offered him but wasn't what we were looking for.

I was reading he was on his way to Spurs and Erikson on his way to Inter

I find it strange no one is going for erikson I know he’s contract ends in the summer but with inter putting in a bid I would have thought some other big guns would have our bid them , him not going to Real Madrid tells me one thing , They are not going to rest until they have Paul Pogba he’s there number 1 target.

Perez wants to promote a youth player over Pogba I read. He thought Pogba might stunt the growth of him. Can't remember who though. I'll try and find report, it was a few weeks ago. I don't think Perez is sold on Pogba.

edit

Perez is unwilling to do the deal before next summer, and wants to limit the spend to £50m, a significantly lower figure than the £130m United are believed to be demanding.
He fears that Pogba's arrival would block the path for young talents like Federico Valverde and Martin Odegaard.

Perez wants to promote a youth player over Pogba I read. He thought Pogba might stunt the growth of him. Can't remember who though. I'll try and find report, it was a few weeks ago. I don't think Perez is sold on Pogba.

I hope that’s the case,for some reason I don’t see Paul pogba at PSG so that only leaves Barca and juventus, although I keep hearing fans saying let pogba leave and we have done ok without him I feel if we let him go we are weakening ourselfs massively as a club and as a brand

I think that the only club that could afford him, other than Madrid, is PSG.

Atleast with them it would be top dollar unlike Barca’s offer , if I were Adidas I would be worried , they want to see big names not longstaff

I find it strange no one is going for erikson I know he’s contract ends in the summer but with inter putting in a bid I would have thought some other big guns would have our bid them , him not going to Real Madrid tells me one thing , They are not going to rest until they have Paul Pogba he’s there number 1 target.

Italian clubs can take advantage of new tax rules meaning they only pay around 20% tax on foreign players so my guess is they're able to offer a lot of money to Eriksen way more than Utd are probably comfortable doing right now. Also, as he's only got 6 months less Inter can actually talk to him whereas Utd can't (not that this really seems to matter anymore in modern football).

Also, the price for Inter in January will be less than the price for Utd as they'll want him to go abroad rather than to a rival.

Eriksen has said he wants to play in other leagues so it probably ticks a lot of boxes for him.

I think the Pogba stuff probably depends on how he plays when he gets himself fit his fee is so high as are his wages to convince Madrid to go through on that deal he'll need to play incredibly well in the second half of the season and the Euro's.

I agree what you are saying about pogba the thing is we can’t win unless we are talking money terms then we can because if he plays good he’s gone and if he plays bad we don’t want that , ideally if he was to go it would be ideal if he helped us get top 4 so next season we are in Europe and can attract the better players then get top dollar for him, even though I want him to stay that would be ideal if he was to go

I agree what you are saying about pogba the thing is we can’t win unless we are talking money terms then we can because if he plays good he’s gone and if he plays bad we don’t want that , ideally if he was to go it would be ideal if he helped us get top 4 so next season we are in Europe and can attract the better players then get top dollar for him, even though I want him to stay that would be ideal if he was to go

I hope he comes back plays a blinder and goes I’m just bored of the whole thing with him everyone needs to move on from it unless he’s prepared to sign a new deal and accept it will take time to get it right.

He can only stay if he really wants to stay.

I think Madrid and maybe PSG will sniff around if PSG sell Neymar back to Barca this summer they’ll be flush with cash that would allow them to make a big move whereas Madrid just need to clear out some huge earners like Bale & James. The big stumbling block for Madrid seems to be Pérez doesn’t fancy him but I think Modric is leaving this summer so there is a spot in midfield for him but the question is do they need him?

I hope he comes back plays a blinder and goes I’m just bored of the whole thing with him everyone needs to move on from it unless he’s prepared to sign a new deal and accept it will take time to get it right.

He can only stay if he really wants to stay.

I think Madrid and maybe PSG will sniff around if PSG sell Neymar back to Barca this summer they’ll be flush with cash that would allow them to make a big move whereas Madrid just need to clear out some huge earners like Bale & James. The big stumbling block for Madrid seems to be Pérez doesn’t fancy him but I think Modric is leaving this summer so there is a spot in midfield for him but the question is do they need him?

I think also Madrid are head strong and want to make a statement like Ronaldo and kaka they want to show there power that they are the best and get who they want even though the DDG deal argues otherwise

I think also Madrid are head strong and want to make a statement like Ronaldo and kaka they want to show there power that they are the best and get who they want even though the DDG deal argues otherwise

I dunno I think they’re past that now sure they need superstars hence the signing of Hazard but I think if they’re going big for anyone next summer it’s Mbappe. Most of the money they’re spending now seems to begetting in the top South American talent straight from source rather than letting other clubs bring them to Europe first.

They might just wait it out with Pogba if he ends up staying until 2021 with only 1 year on his contract they can drive the price down.

Now if it was Pérez who wanted Pogba things might be different but I don’t think he sees him as a Madrid player probably doesn’t want the hassle that comes with him from you know who.

Anyway Gedson Fernandes looks spurs bound talk is medical is done

I dunno I think they’re past that now sure they need superstars hence the signing of Hazard but I think if they’re going big for anyone next summer it’s Mbappe. Most of the money they’re spending now seems to begetting in the top South American talent straight from source rather than letting other clubs bring them to Europe first.

They might just wait it out with Pogba if he ends up staying until 2021 with only 1 year on his contract they can drive the price down.

Now if it was Pérez who wanted Pogba things might be different but I don’t think he sees him as a Madrid player probably doesn’t want the hassle that comes with him from you know who.

Anyway Gedson Fernandes looks spurs bound talk is medical is done
I’m not convinced by this player but who knows

Players won’t care about the stadium and in terms of ambitions actions speak louder than words.
New stadiums bring bigger revenue, bigger revenue leads to more money to spend usually. More money leads to increased ambition.

New stadiums bring bigger revenue, bigger revenue leads to more money to spend usually. More money leads to increased ambition.

Or new stadium means new long term debt that restricts spending as that needs to be paid off every season.

Players are much more likely to look at the quality of your training ground rather than your stadium.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back