Gareth Bale on loan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sideshow Bob

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

He’s on 600k a week even if they paid half those wages is it a good deal?

We all know he’s injury prone but at 31 when fit what will he offer he isn’t the rampaging winger he was a decade ago when he burst on the scene.

Could he be a flat track bully to beat the sides who park the bus?

You couldn’t play him in big games where it’s open and end to end he hasn’t got the engine for that.

he'd improve our team, so it's all about the money, 18m and more cheap wages then I'd take him.

We can't pay a transfer fee for him he's still got 2 years left on that monster contract so that's another £60m in wages that Madrid still owe him.

Madrid will need to pay up half those wages to get him to leave as Utd at best could probably offer him a £10m a year deal over 3 years which in theory leaves him out of pocket over the next 2 years as he's got to work for 3 years not 2 to make up the rest of his £30m still owed at Madrid.

Does he actually improve this team? Even when he played last season he was crap wasn't he? This just stinks of Schweinstieger & Sanchez to me you're buying the name based on who he was a few years back not what he is now.

There's a serious question over his attitude as well there's no smoke without fire in these things in football Utd maybe through Giggs can get a real idea of what the guy is like but to me he looks like trouble.

I think if you know you're not valued by your employer it will affect you.

Yes the money is a problem. It all depends on how much he wants out and what he is willing to give up.

My honest opinion is, I don't think Ole will have the slightest interest.

I did pose the thought a while ago, if Sancho was off, I'd go Jiminez, scored again last night. I know he;s not a RS player, but he still adds to our front line. Martial, James, Rashford and Greenwood can all play right.

I also thought Dalot could do a job there, but Ole doesn't seem to fancy him.

I love Jiminez think he's a great player a proper centre forward but he'd be a very expensive back up as Ole seems to have faith in Martial. To me signing a winger makes a lot more sense than signing a striker because if Martial is injury one of the wingers Rashford/Greenwood can be the striker so you then need a winger to come in.

Jiminez is worth a lot more to Wolves than he is to us so you'd be looking at spending £50m on a 29 year old striker you don't really need.

See I massively disagree the only one of those who has shown he can play on the right is Greenwood the other 3 all struggle on the right they are nowhere near as effective on the right as the left. Greenwood works there because he can shoot off both feet the others can't. We desperately need someone who can be effective in that position not just "do a job" in that position. A left footed attacking player or a guy like Sancho who knows how to play right side and have the impact was vital this summer as it's such a weak point of the team.

Yeah there's something going on with Dalot doesn't seem like Ole is impressed with him I think we need to move him on looks like he needs a fresh start somewhere else think his move to Utd came to soon and fitness seems to be a problem for him. Given who his agent is and the fact they lost Doherty I thought we might have a shot at flogging him to Wolves.

my post was assuming the Sancho deal was off don't forget.

No other real stand out RS players, so it was a plan B idea

To me plan B has to be a loan deal for a right sided player and maybe that makes Bale viable for the club.

I just don't see how signing a centre forward solves the problem on the right.

A loan at least means if you want to go for Sancho again next summer you haven't put a big signing in the squad ahead of him.

It's now or never for Sancho. All the other clubs will come in with a year left. We could be losing Pogba next summer too which might affect potential signings.

Even loaning a player, can you say anyone available is better than James? Bale doesn't even play right, he likes to go through the middle.

I think if we aren't getting Sancho we need a rethik, maybe accepting Greenwood is the RS player and get a decent CF back up.

Greenwood isn’t a RF. As I said he done a job there but 2 assists from the wing just isn’t enough.

It's now or never for Sancho. All the other clubs will come in with a year left. We could be losing Pogba next summer too which might affect potential signings.

Even loaning a player, can you say anyone available is better than James? Bale doesn't even play right, he likes to go through the middle.

I think if we aren't getting Sancho we need a rethik, maybe accepting Greenwood is the RS player and get a decent CF back up.
That just further compounds the problem. James also is much more effective on the left, it is just possible being at United is prohibiting his growth as a player as he just cant get a game in his favoured position.

Bale played most of his career off the right side coming onto that left foot but I agree for Wales he's often played as the centre forward but I think that's more of a tactical thing he's never really had that role in club football.

I think you'd have to make him your luxury in the starting XI which is why I don't really feel the need to go for him he'll still score goals as he's got an unreal shot but I just don't think he can have the impact on games the way he did in his prime. The way the game is now I don't think you can carry a player physically you need your front players to press the opponent into mistakes.

Greenwood for me is good enough for now to play that right side but I don't think it's long term for him to me he's still a perfect sub he can come on or start in any of the 3 attacking positions and have an impact. I see him as a Salah type player he'll score bags of goals but he won't necessarily get you lots of assists as his main focus when he gets the ball is not to create it's to shoot which isn't a bad thing.

It's a big season for James I don't see him as a starter but there will be games for him he needs to show in those games that he can create and score because his finish to last season was really poor. I think looking at the squad he's the natural replacement for Rashford on the left side of the front 3 now.

The way it's going now it feels like Lingard will be staying and competing with Greenwood for that right side spot next season.

Sounds like Spurs are in talks to get him on a loan deal. It’s definitely worth a punt and I think Jose does need to do something to improve the Spurs squad.

Think it’s a big gamble but that squad needs a lift

Think it’s a big gamble but that squad needs a lift
Our squad could use a lift too. Bale is predominantly a RW. He was frozen out for some reason but his playing ability wasn't it. Is he a better option than Dan James? Hell yes. Will he provide something different from anything else we have on the right? Also hell yes. As long as we don't get suckered into a long term contract, I think Bale would be a great option, even if he is used in only half our matches, we need reinforcements.

Bale will go back to Spurs. There's no way United pay the wages, or half the wages, of Bale.

And ultimately united will end up with no new attacking player.

Ah he’s only coming back because he’s bored with the golf courses in Spain.

it's a strange one why we have not shown an interest.

Deli going the other way is a rumour they mentioned on R5

He'll go back to Spurs because that does make sense. Just is a real worry as to what United are going to do.

it makes no sense to me, after his last few clubs, inc. Spurs, who would want to play for Jose Mourinho.

It says to me united have shown no interest.

Our squad could use a lift too. Bale is predominantly a RW. He was frozen out for some reason but his playing ability wasn't it. Is he a better option than Dan James? Hell yes. Will he provide something different from anything else we have on the right? Also hell yes. As long as we don't get suckered into a long term contract, I think Bale would be a great option, even if he is used in only half our matches, we need reinforcements.

Sounds like the deal with Madrid is two year loan where you pick up 50% of the wages which takes him to the end of his current Madrid contract so when the loan finishes he's a free agent.

I'm torn on the idea of Bale because we all know what he was in his prime an absolute world beater but what is he now at 31 after 2 tough seasons where things haven't really worked out for him is he worth the gamble? I think with his profile and wages you have to almost build a side around him and I'm not sure that would really work for us.

Anyway by the looks of things he's nailed on to go back to Spurs which apparently was his preference Mourinho has wanted him for years so it seems to fit pretty well for them.

This is now being talked of as a permanent deal with no upfront fee.

Bit like Sanchez with us he goes for nothing and you pay him a chunk of what's owed on his current deal to leave.

So... United aren't getting Sancho and they are going to sit on their heels and watch as Bale goes to Spurs? Deary me the owners really do ruin what was a great club.

Oh come on if we signed Bale you’d point out we were signing a 31 yr old whose got attitude problems and has rarely played competitive football for 18 months and earns £600k a week. I’m glad we’re going nowhere near it.

100% has Sanchez written all over it.

This is the sort of stupid signing we would have made a couple of years ago.

yeah, first thought it would be a great signing. But when you think about it properly it's short term and expensive. Especially with his injury history.

Oh come on if we signed Bale you’d point out we were signing a 31 yr old whose got attitude problems and has rarely played competitive football for 18 months and earns £600k a week. I’m glad we’re going nowhere near it.

100% has Sanchez written all over it.

This is the sort of stupid signing we would have made a couple of years ago.

I don't think he's going to get those huge wages though.

And if its a short term deal before looking at long term options. They need something.

I think it's a big gamble the club that gets him won't be paying him £600k a week but you might have to give him a 3 year £10m a season deal and at 31 who knows what you are getting out of him. You'll end up also paying a signing on fee plus chucking his agent some money so you'll probably end up paying about £50m for him over 3 years and you've got no change of getting that money back.

To me there's just to many unknowns to commit that money we were burned with Bastian and again with Sanchez so it's not a risk worth taking. For those wages even on a free you want a sure thing and I don't think Bale is that right now if he was still anywhere near the player he was they'd be using him.

We want to invest in young(ish) players who over the next 1 or 2 seasons can really build towards a title win at 31 Bale doesn't really fit that profile.

I think it's a deal that makes more sense for Spurs but even then I think it's a big gamble is Bale a better player than Moura?

We want to invest in young(ish) players who over the next 1 or 2 seasons can really build towards a title win at 31 Bale doesn't really fit that profile.
And that's the right strategy for the club... But... They need players to help keep them fighting on all fronts. As things stand they'll struggle to finish top 4 no matter what you guys may say.

It is the right strategy going forward which is why they need to find a way to get Sancho over the line.

And that's the right strategy for the club... But... They need players to help keep them fighting on all fronts. As things stand they'll struggle to finish top 4 no matter what you guys may say.

If you by Bale you need to build around Bale to get the best from him we don't want to do that we're building a team I don't think he fits into this team his legs are gone we need speed and endurance in that front line.

At 31 you are looking at him as a rotation/squad player his wages would need to reflect that to fit in the squad if he came now he'd be on parity with Pogba/De Gea as top earner and I just don't think you'll get much out of him

So... United aren't getting Sancho and they are going to sit on their heels and watch as Bale goes to Spurs? Deary me the owners really do ruin what was a great club.
Come on, Spurs are going exactly how we went, bring in Jose because of the esteem, bring in an aging player who’s attitude and focus may not be 100%.

Also why are you blaming the owners for Bale? Maybe Ole doesn’t want him because he’s building something that goes away plumping for players who have been good but may have had their best years behind them. I would rather be signing players like Fernandes and VDB rather than Bale. The Sancho situation is disappointing but if we don’t get him then will Ole panic and buy anyone? Then we’ll be on his backs if this player doesn’t perform and we’ll be like oh why did we get this guy?

A little bit of realism is needed here. This isn’t Football Manager - it’s real life and mitigating factors like the pandemic have to be taken into account. Also has no-one thought Sancho may want to show some loyalty to a club who plucked him from English football and elevated him to where he is now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back