Gareth Bale at Spurs 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sideshow Bob

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Quite telling that this has no responses.

Bale is done as a top level footballer and I'm glad we were nowhere near him.

Think he needed to play to stand a chance of being anything like his best but yeah he looks absolutely finished at the very top.

Technique is still bang on but physically he’s nowhere near what he was and that explosive speed and strength was what made him special.

I can see why Zidane didn’t want to play him. Looks bang average now.

I thought last week against West Ham he was looking sharper.

2 goals and an assist today in a rare premier League start.

It was against Burnley but yeah I agree he’s looking sharper but I guess the next question will be how long will this last?

Given their options he should be starting in that front 3 every week if they get him going that is some serious fire power up top.

I was saying he looked sharper when he came on last week against West Ham.

Gotta assume he's playing for that extension all the sudden as he doesn't wanna go back to Spain.

Could just be he’s finally fully fit and getting regular games is helping.

Not really sure what his motivation is he’s got 18 months left on his silly Madrid deal does he even plan on being a footballer beyond that? Who knows.

I wont hold my breath, Roy Keane said he could have played against Burnely in that game, Dyche agreed.

Still way to much money for me and it's taken 6 months to get him close to looking match fit could be a hell of a weapon in the run in but think Utd were right to stay well clear of him.

Can you imagine the headlines we'd have had if he'd been knocking about our bench for 6 months it would be headline news every day it was bad enough with Van De Beek.

He's said he'll be returning to Madrid this summer and that he came to get match fit for Wales.

Has really mugged Spurs off with his comments.

Explains why he wasn't bothered for the first half of the season. Didn't need to be fit then.

His quotes for anyone that hasn't seen em:

I think the main reason I came to Spurs this year was to play football first and foremost.

Going into the Euros I wanted to be match-fit. The original plan was to do a season at Spurs and after the Euros still have a year left at Real Madrid.

My plan is to go back, that's as far I have planned.

Either that or he's trying to force Madid into dropping his price or something.

Think he's got to be careful with what he says he's just looking after his money he knows he's got 1 year left on that big contract after that his days are numbered at the top.

Really interested to see what his plans are when this contract ends is he just going to retire early or will he try to carry on playing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back