Fulham vs Manchester United. 12:30 09/02/19

IDFD

On Saturday we’re away to Fulham before our home tie against PSG on Tuesday. It’ll be tempting to make some changes but I feel the core needs to remain.

Shaw Lindelof Pogba Herrera Rashford have to start we can’t afford a slip up and Chelsea are away to City so we could be moving in to the top 4 this weekend and move the pressure on others to catch us.

I’d go

DDG

Dalot Jones Lindelof Shaw

Fred Herrera Pogba

Mata Rashford Sanchez

If we winning come the 60th by a couple bring Lindelof Pogba Rashford off. Martial could do with half hour for minutes before Tuesday.

I wouldn't start Mata he slows us down to much he's the sort of guy you want off the bench to close out a game but can't really argue with the rest I hope Fred gets a start.

I'd rather start with the stronger team and hope that you can take people off on 60/70 minutes with the team in the lead.

I'd possibly put Smalling in for a start alongside Lindelof just to try and deal with Mitrovic as he's a real handful and he needs a game like it or not that is our best partnership and Smalling needs a game.

DDG

Dalot Smalling Lindelöf Shaw

Fred Herrera Pogba

Lingard Rashford Sanchez

I wonder if we might see a youth team player on the bench as well possibly Greenwood or Chong Ole has said these boys will get a chance and this seems like the sort of game where one might be available.

The team isn't exactly purring at the moment but we just have to keep the momentum going if we want to make the top 4 I'd happily take a scruffy win at this point 3 points is all the matters.

I think try and keep the back 4 the same for a while.

I think I would start Martial and take him off, to get him ready for PSG, he seems to play better when starting.

Neither picked Matic, is that to rest him or is he injured?

DDG
Young
Lindelof
Bailly
Shaw

Herrera
Matic
Pogba

Lingard
Rashford
Martial

If we're 2 up after 60 I'd do Pogba for Fred, Rashford for Lukaku and Martial for Sanchez - not all at once.

Rest he's had a heavy workload this season apparently played most of the season managing an injury he picked up during the world cup.

I'm really not sure what Ole is going to do here. Think i'd bring Dalot in for Young, Fred in for Herrera and Lukaku for Lingard. Ideally we'd have more alternatives and ones that are better suited to our game especially in midfield and attack, where because of the way we play now, that front 6 need more rest.

The alternatives to the midfielders are currently not up to it, that doesn't mean they won't ever be or that they won't be if one of them is given the chance on Saturday, they don't have a lot of football under their belts in the Premier League so i'm not going to jump to a conclusion on any of them right now.

In attack I think we need to completely save Park Ji Sung mkII (Lingard) and give Martial 30 minutes (or more if required) off the bench. I wouldn't mind seeing Chong on the bench instead of Lingard. And while I don't think we should keep Sanchez beyond the summer, we're going to need him to be a lot better in the coming months and hopefully he can play himself into form and he needs gametime to do that. I'd like to see him play in between the 2 split strikers like Lingard has been. I think that was our biggest issue against Burnley, we reverted to a more conventional front line like we saw under Mourinho.

Yeah that’s why I started Mata just because think Lingard is the key man Tuesday

Team: De Gea, Dalot, Smalling, Jones, Shaw, Matic, Herrera, Pogba, Mata, Lukaku, Martial.
Subs: Romero, Bailly, Young, McTominay, Sanchez, Rashford, Lingard.

Easiest game of the season. Fulham were absolutely awful. United's players will have had tougher training sessions.

Dodgy start but settled into it after 10 minutes and totally bossed it.

Imagine what the first choice attack would do to that defence.

I really felt yesterday that we just picked our moments well and took our chances. It wasn't a great performance but it was the kind of performance we needed ahead of a huge CL game. Controlled, balanced and professional. Rotated a few players too and Pogba got a rest at the end.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back