Fulham v Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.
4-5-1 against Fulham away? or do we need 2 strikers while Rooney isn't firing on all cylinders?

Will Scholes play again this weekend or will Carrick get a start?

Scholes might be benched and we might see Giggsy start.
Rooney-Berba guaranteed to be upfront, only spots up for grabs is RB and who partners Fletch in midfield

2 strikers without question.

The last 2 fixtures at cottage came at wrong time for us so now I'm sure we can easily see off Fulham if we play the way we have been in the last 2 games.Remember the 4-0 win at Fulham in FA cup in 2009? that was with out strong squad.

I am going for a 4-4-2

--------------Van Der Sar-------------

O'Shea-----Vidic-----Evans------Evra

Valencia---Scholes---Fletcher---Giggs

---------Rooney------Berbatov---------

United to win 2-0 or more

2 starts in a row for Scholes. Keep him in and rest him against the hammers maybe. Fulham away ain't going to be easy which is why 4-5-1 might be a good idea.

JSNFRMN_MUFC said:
2 starts in a row for Scholes. Keep him in and rest him against the hammers maybe. Fulham away ain't going to be easy which is why 4-5-1 might be a good idea.
Play scholes as long as there is no mid week matches.even then I dont see why scholesy wouldn't play.he played so many games at the back end of last season.

I would stick with Berba definately after the last game with Rooney, Hernandez and Owen on the bench

Is Rafael still injured? for how long? I would like to see him instead of O shea ... and I think Evans did bad passes on Monday... hope he regains his top form before Ferdinand does :D

Reserves have a match on Thursday vs Arsenal reserves, we might see Bebe make his debut??
btw any news on Obertan, wasn't he supposed to be fit by around now?

He's probably been given extra time off to redo a bit of pre-season. Hopefully we'll see Bebe, but it's unlikely as the reserves are out in Ireland. Would expect him to train with the first team this week and then get game time in the reserves season.

He had a full pre-season with Vitoria so he should be match fit, with Clevs in Dublin, we have no backup winger, so he could even make the bench Vs Fulham!!
I'm dying to watch him play!!!

We have PArk, Giggs, Nani and Valencia and maybe even Obertan. I doubt he'll make the bench.

*good to finally be back from South America:)*

Think our best pairing up top at the moment is berba-chich. But rooney is our best striker when in 80% or better form thats
why fergie will keep playing rooney untill he is back in form and scoring at will.

Will hopefully be 4-4-2 at the cottage. If we reverse the score from last year I'll be happy!:)

Was nice to see we did the job and god max points on monday but I understand we still have some way to go before we hit top gear.

To play our best we need Rooney in form so SAF will start him every PL game until he's back. And given Berbas recent form he should get the
nod aswell.

Read an interview last week from Fergie where he says he has options on the wings in Nani, Valencia,Giggs, Cleverley and Obertan...didn't mention Park, i have a feeling he's gonna try Park down the middle, maybe use him like he did against Pirlo?

I was wondering the other day where you'd gone Dalegute.

Park isn't really a winger, more of a wide midfielder or in the "Park Role", his energy and work rate is brilliant. Very good on the counter attack too. In tight games though he lacks creativity.

I need to buy some united dvd's to get me through the days we arent playing

Yeah me too, VHS is such a pain in the arse now though. I've started downloading everything i've got on tape.

I had no fear over Evra as he carried on for a few mins after he crashed into the ad boards.

i really hoped Fabio would get a run in the team, but i guess when you have some one as fit as Evra in your team, the chances are limited..

Yea, can't be too sure...maybe Sir Alex might sub him off after 60 mins if he's not 100%?
I'm wondering if Rooney will start today or not, if he's not 100%, him not scoring just makes him even more frustrated!!

If he scores then it'll be a start of a flood of goals i think but its a question of when that first goal will come!

Defence will be more tired after 60 mins. I reckon he'll have a better chance of scoring then. But i'd be inclined to start him as chances will fall to him. You can't really leave him out either.

Apparently Rooney is out of tomorrow's game with a Stomach Bug. This comes from Fergie's friend Bob Cass of the Mail on Sunday.

I personally think it's a good thing that Rooney is out. He's still not 100% fit I dont think and Berbatov and Chich seem to be gelling together well. We'll play a 442 today and I think we'll put 4 past them.

--------------VDV---------------
Rafael---Vidic---Evans---Evra
---Fletcher------Carrick---
Valencia----------------Nani
----Berbatov---Chicharito----

4-1 United is my tip.

I think today will be interesting. We have struggled against Fulham recently and now Hughes may be looking for a bit of revenge for the derby last season. I stll think we will win today. My team would be:

vds
oshea
vidic
Evans
evra
valencia
nani
gigg's
berbatov
hernandez
scholes

I was struggling for centre mid. Initially I was thinking carrick but I don't really know if he is match fit enough to come in against fulham. Although thinking about it now I think fergie will start him or possibly park today go give them some time.

i think Owen might play 45 mins, he also needs some match time...maybe he'll be a sub, we'll know today if Hernanadez or Macheda are Sir Alex's preferred choice for a tough away game when they have a chance to start..

I think he will pick hernandez and if needed Macheda may come on for last twenty minutes. Hopefully he won't be needed though!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back