French Open 2018

Berba_God

Serena back in action today. Good to see her back at a grand slam. Don't think she will win but surely can't be discounted from Wimbledon.

I don't think there is any point in the men turning up this year. Nadal has an easy draw and will win hands down.

After the first week do you think Serena will now win? Or is Sharapova the favourite?

I think Murguruza will win. I am looking forward to the Serena/Sharapova match today. If Sharapova can't beat Serena today, she never will.

It's quite boring this French Open this year. There is no form in the men's draw except Nadal.

Really hope Halep wins her first grand slam today. In reality she should have at least two already and therefore unfortunately I think the composed Stephens will take it today.

Won't bother watching the men's tomorrow.

Can't believe Nadal won another title. I don't want to be down on people but I've never liked him and I don't enjoy watching him play. Especially this real irritating groan I feel like he's started doing in more recent times.

He's always really nice when he wins but equally as nice when he loses which says a lot about him.

what did he say, I don't remember that, I just found these quotes. All seem ok, said Soderling played well, upset teh crowd were against him but hopes in future they wouldn't be, hoped Fed wins the tourny.

“It was my fault more than his,” Nadal said. “Well sure, he did well, he did very well. But I think I didn’t play my best tennis.”

“It’s too bad really — at a tournament that means so much to me and is so beautiful — that the public has never made such a gesture to me,” Nadal said. “But I’m not going to use that as an excuse. I have lots of years to come back here. I hope one year, the public will do that for me.” (on the ground chanting Ro-bin)

“It would be good for him to complete his Grand Slam,” Nadal said. “Federer had the bad luck to lose three finals and one semifinal here, but I think that if there is someone who deserves it, it’s really him.”

To be honest I don't really watch the French open much, the odd game, at Wimbledon he is always very generous in defeat. As for his tennis, I am more a Federer fan as I like the one handed backhand stroke, and his is amazing

He takes way to long to serve can’t stand watching him.

It's the ball bouncing that does my head in I know it's a trigger thing for him but it's so annoying.

It's the ball bouncing that does my head in I know it's a trigger thing for him but it's so annoying.

Haha yeah that too. I watched a game, think it was the French semi final the other day with my grandfather and he commented on it. In fact he said "my god if I were playing against him I'd go and smack him with my racquet for that ball bouncing nonsense".

That had me creased over.

It’s like he’s worried it might stop bouncing but it’s clearly a tactic to try and get his opponent to switch off by taking forever to serve the ball.

or just a sporting superstition of some sort.

I assume you need repetition to be that good, he just happened to get into a cycle of picking his pants and bouncing the ball 30 times.

If the umpires penalised him often enough he’d soon stop but because he’s Rafa Nadal they hardly ever do.

or just a sporting superstition of some sort.

I assume you need repetition to be that good, he just happened to get into a cycle of picking his pants and bouncing the ball 30 times.

It's part of his setup to serve pretty sure he bounces the ball a set number of times each time he prepares to serve it's a way of preparing his body to carry out an action almost automatically. A lot of sportsmen use it golfers or kickers in Rugby use this tactic quite a bit to mentally prepare themselves for a task.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back