Fred

Status
Not open for further replies.
Di Marzio: First one will be Brazilian Fred, for whom the Red Devils have reached an agreement with Shakhtar for €50 million.

To be fair if his passing is as good as is said in that article we could do with him playing deep in the Carrick role. We’ve got all rounders, we need someone to unlock the potential of Pogba and our attack just like Carrick did.

You're right bud... Carrick always did seem to bring out the better performances in Pogba.

Ooooh an incoming signing and a Brazilian one at that, how very exciting.

Oh I shudder at the thought... What a talented player that just didn't suit the EPL. Mind you the league has changed a lot since then.

Might have helped if we played him in his actual position he stared at the world cup playing at centre mid Utd used to stick him on the right or behind the striker because he was Brazilian and had flair.

Was Anderson the last Brazilian we signed?

Were the Da Silva twins before or after Anderson? I think after.

From what I’ve read he’s a box to box player but is seen as having the potential to play that deeper role. Fernandinho was also a box to box player for Shakhtar.

With regards to where he plays I’d like to see him in the side ahead of Matic if he’s good enough. I preferred our midfield last season with Herrera and Pogba, we created more and conceded less chances as Herrera was more mobile and energetic, Pogba was also better playing with Herrera.

Kleberson :p
Fair point. We have to get a Brazilian signing right now eventually though. Although I did like Kleberson, just wasn’t meant to be.

Imagine Alex Sandro, Fred, Willian and Talisca all coming. Sambarific!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Were the Da Silva twins before or after Anderson? I think after.

From what I’ve read he’s a box to box player but is seen as having the potential to play that deeper role. Fernandinho was also a box to box player for Shakhtar.

With regards to where he plays I’d like to see him in the side ahead of Matic if he’s good enough. I preferred our midfield last season with Herrera and Pogba, we created more and conceded less chances as Herrera was more mobile and energetic, Pogba was also better playing with Herrera.

I think they had been signed pre Anderson but had to stay in Brazil for a few years to sort out work permits.

Time to break out the Fred the red puns.

That’ll be the hashtag if and when it is announced on Twitter. If it’s not then we’ve missed a major pun opportunity.

When he has a bad game #dropdeadfred will be trending on Twitter.

Medical today, sounds like could be announced today, Dalot in London as well so should have two in by the end of the week.

Am I right in thinking that he's a bit like Herrera? He can attack, sit and defend, is quick around the park and likes a tackle?

Yeah pretty much mate, he was used as a defensive midfielder up until last year, they had him in the Matic/Fernandinho role but the new gaffer basically moved him further up the field last season and loads of their attacking play went through him, seems very very good at taking the ball in tight spaces, forward passes, through balls, spreading play, got a few assists last year I think and was very good as a link between midfield and attack, Matic sitting, him and Pogba either side in a 3 could work very well.

He is like Herrera but about 10 times as good lol

Pogba's replacement then hahaha.

He does sound decent, really looking forward to having a quality midfield attrition.

All I've ever really seen him do is score a belting free kick so on the basis of that I'm quite excited plus he's in the Brazil squad ahead of Fabinho who everyone raves about so he must be pretty good.

I don't know much about him I just hope we give him a chance and he doesn't get written off too soon. The prem is so different from every other league.

Just be nice to watch a decent midfielder who can play a ball forward lol hopefully no more Fellani running the ball out of play looking utter clueless.

He should be able to settle in having been playing in the Ukraine it's not going to be that big a culture shock for him and hopefully he can learn the language relative quickly and get himself settled in.

Just be nice to watch a decent midfielder who can play a ball forward lol hopefully no more Fellani running the ball out of play looking utter clueless.

I hope you haven't crossed the footballing gods by talking of Fellaini in the past tense, and he signs a new deal :D

Haha if I have mate I sincerely apologise lol if he signs a new deal I swear to god I will be in the stands with a sniper rifle next year lol

Very good read, I do think he will bring an awful lot to the table, crazy to think he could be a box to box midfielder, I thought those days were gone lol can't possibly be asked to defend as well as attack, crazy talk haha

Very good read, I do think he will bring an awful lot to the table, crazy to think he could be a box to box midfielder, I thought those days were gone lol can't possibly be asked to defend as well as attack, crazy talk haha
Don’t worry, Jose will knock those attacking instincts right out of him!

Yeah pretty much mate, he was used as a defensive midfielder up until last year, they had him in the Matic/Fernandinho role but the new gaffer basically moved him further up the field last season and loads of their attacking play went through him, seems very very good at taking the ball in tight spaces, forward passes, through balls, spreading play, got a few assists last year I think and was very good as a link between midfield and attack, Matic sitting, him and Pogba either side in a 3 could work very well.

He is like Herrera but about 10 times as good lol
I think Mourinho will use Pogba in a more advanced role because the way he sees the 4-3-3 is basically a 4-2-3-1 as he wants that midfield duo at the base. If Pogba can put up good numbers in attack I think the gaffer will give him the Lampard role.

Yeah agree mate, defo think he will push him further forward give him more licence to roam, if he doesn't perform next year with all this back up, he never will.

Pogba now is our De Bruyne/Hazard/Dybala/Griezmann type player, he wants to be spoken about in the same line as them lot, no he has his free role as kind of an advanced no 8/10, no excuses Paul, next season is your season!

haha we have extended his stay of execution by 12 months lol :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back