Fred

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperRash

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

So if we sign him will the hashtag be #fredthered? I think so.

As for the player, don’t know a lot about him. He has had some good reviews for Shakhtar but beyond that I don’t know. I’ve read he’s more of a defensive enforcer ala Kante.

The reports seem to be that City are favourites for Jorginho from Napoli.

From the bits I’ve seen he’s a bit on an all rounder but he takes a mean free kick

Yeah I’ve seen the Jorginho to City links in the last few days and they seem to be gathering pace. Obviously the media are spinning it as City have pulled out of the race for Fred and that’s the reason we are favourites - like someone wouldn’t choose us over City. The media hey. :rolleyes:

I never really got the Jorginho link I've only seen a bit of Napoli but they play nothing like the way we do whereas Shaktar seem to be more similar in style to Utd so if these deals happen the way the media are currently suggesting it makes a lot of sense.

Seen a bit of him in the Champions League, reminds me very much of Carrick, very good passer of the ball, can play as the DMC but can always do box to box, has been very good as the starting focal point for Shaktar and most of their attacks go through him, I think he would be a huge upgrade on Herrera in that role as the link between Matic and Pogba, box to box, can defend, tackle, reads the game, good at interceptions and can change defence into attack very quickly, would be a quality signing imo

Yeah personally think he would be a huge upgrade on Herrera, him and another CM would be brilliant, bit of power and domination in there

I think we need a deep lying playmaker who can sit in for Matic against the weaker sides at home more of a Carrick style player who gets the ball from defence and gets it into the attackers quickly. This way we can stick with the 4-3-3 then we need another box to box type who can rotate/compete with Pogba/Herrera for the 2 other positions ideally I'd like someone with a bit of an eye for a goal as well as apart from Pogba who's chipping in a few we really don't get the goals from midfield we need especially if we go for a 4-3-3 next season.

Fred seems to be on the radar of Utd, City & Liverpool it sounds like he's ready to move this summer and players from Shaktar seem to do well when they move on Willian, Fernandinho & Mkhitaryan all made big impacts when they moved from there.

Fred rumour seems to be more of a come and get me to everyone rather than clubs interested.

Kroos all day long for me, all out to get him, somehow.

After winning the domestic cup final, the Shaktar captain said from the celebrations in the changing room live on TV that Fred is going to Manchester, but he doesn't know if it's Utd or City. The deal is done.

Is this Joses Brazilian? He's only 5'7" so he doesn't really fit Joses profile of a player. Think he'd suit Pep better but you never know.

When players in European leagues say Manchester traditionally they mean Manchester Utd so guess it depends if that is still true or not.

That's an interesting point JSP (well kind of)

When I hear Milan, I think AC. I would call the other Milan team Inter.

I wonder if united are still Manchester, and maybe city are city?

I think with Milan it's always Milan and Inter officially Inter are known as Internazionale but people outside Italy add the Milan to the end because there are a few clubs who go by Inter around the world.

Reality is until 10 years ago most european fans probably didn't even know there was a second club in Manchester hence why Manchester United just became Manchester to them, I think it's similar with Madrid to me Madrid is Real Madrid but Atletico are now established as a big name so do fans now say Real Madrid now?

City also seem to have tried to identify themselves as City with a lot of their branding and PR because they've got the group of clubs around the world called City and that might be because if you say Manchester anywhere in the world when discussing football people instantly think Utd whereas I think City want to create that link to the word City.

Real Madrid have always been Real or Madrid, and the other Madrid team Atleti as I've always known it.

I dunno what you boys are going on about anyway, talking all that rubbish. This is only ONE team in Manchester anyway :)

Transfer window for English clubs opens on Thursday apparently so be interesting to see who goes big early Ha!

How exciting that the window opens so early, clubs may look to do their business nice and early before the World Cup starts.

The Fred rumours seem to be gathering pace but guess that’s part and parcel of a summer window, rumours will fly once the media get whiff of a potential transfer.

I’ve seen a few people on social media saying that Fred won’t be the guy to take us forward but I think his dynamism is what we lack in our midfield. Someone to break up the play and add some bite to the midfield. I’m all for the transfer, although I’m basing a lot of my conclusions on him on things I read. Can’t say I’ve seen Shakhtar so much over the years.

Apparently it's a FIFA thing your main transfer window must last a total of 12 weeks or something like that so because they're closing early this summer they've got to open early.

Can't see to much happening until next week as I think most European leagues still have 1 round of games to go.

A lot of talk about Fred and Savic, wonder if he will go for the two and just rotate between Fred, Savic, Matic, Pogba, McTominey, if he does that is one hell of a midfield selection!

Sandro apparently is nearly agreed going by the rumours yesterday and a lot of talk about Willian and Alderweield, its all gathering pace that's for sure!

DDG
TFM Bailly Alderweield Sandro
Pogba Fred Savic (or Matic)
Willian Lukaku Sanchez

YES PLEASE!!!!!

Obviously if we get a RB as well but don't think we been linked with any as of yet, TFM gets in before Valencia for me haha

Funny how it all gathers pace when the games finish it's almost like there's nothing to talk about ha!

My guess is quite a bit will happen with prem clubs over the next 2 weeks it'll all go quite during the world cup then there will be a mad dash after the world cup to get everything sorted.

Wouldn't surprise me if a lot of deals are already agreed and in place just need league seasons to finish so they can be officially announced without annoying selling clubs.

Yeah I would imagine so, last thing you want is to be after a player who is valued at 50m, he goes and has an absolute barnstormer of a world cup for whoever and then when its finished their club are saying woooaaaaa we now have Madrid, Barca, City, PSG after him, 100m!

I think you will see a hell of a lot of movement from now to mid June, would not surprise me at all if United have Fred/Sandro and even Alderweideld close to being agreed, did Willian make the Brazil squad?

Worse you buy a guy for 50m before the world cup then he snaps his cruciate or breaks a leg and is out for the season it's all give and take really at the end of the day with this stuff.

Normally the way it works is you get a bit of a flurry at the start then everyone dissapears on holiday then the last week of July through to end of August is busy but with the window shutting early the PL clubs really need to get deals done before the world cup.

Apart from Madrid and sadly us I don't think clubs really pay much attention to the world cup now everyone playing at the world cup is known about now as clubs scout all over the world so a few good games at the world cup isn't going to suddenly make you a world superstar. People point at players like James Rodriguez and say the world cup made him a start but the summer before he'd gone to Monaco for 40m and everyone already knew about him and he was being linked with top clubs.

Willian is in the squad as is Fred

Handy that it opens early with the world cup in mind, players not usually keen on moving near the World Cup but with a month to go, might be able to do something before players are concentrating on that. Be good to sign Willian on the eve of the cup final!

Haha yeah very true didn't think about them breaking a leg etc.

Yeah Willian would be a good signing for a few years then replace him a bit down the line, Pulisic is the only decent RW I can think off who isn't already at a top top club. If we can get Fred in that would be great then if we get a second CM that will be a bonus but not essential, roll on silly season!

The journalists at MEN can be very erratic with their rumours, sometimes they are spot on with their claims that someone is arriving but can be way off. There has been a fair amount of chatter about Fred and us so watch this space I guess.

The problem with the Fred rumour is that one minute it’s liverpool, then it’s City now it’s us it seems he’s on the move but people aren’t sure where.

The focus now seems to be 100% to us but the MEN are pure click bait these days so not really a source I trust.

You know a deal is happening when all the sources suddenly start saying the same thing and the bigger name journalists who don’t normally do transfer gossip weigh in that’s when you know the cats out of the bag.

He made the World Cup squad so if Utd are in you’d imagine they want a deal done quick.

Fred has said he won't sign anything until after the WC. I don't understand that, I'd want my future sorted before he WC so I could concentrate fully on the competition.

Maybe it's just media waffle again.

You just never know what to believe I used to say until you see them holding the scarf on the pitch believe nothing but John Obi Mikel ruined that haha

I can see why players are reluctant to do anything most players are off on a quick holiday with the family or friends then they want to focus on the World Cup then they’ll sort out moves.

Could be simple as he knows that offer from Utd isn’t going anywhere but if he stars at the World Cup would he get a better one? If he flops I doubt that would put teams off the only thing that could change the offers is a bad injury.

Interesting article that. Looks a bit of an all rounder but you just know Jose is going to put the shackles on him and make him a DM.

Great start to the window if we can Fred and Toby in over the next week or so, very busy few weeks before the WC starts I reckon.

Great start to the window if we can Fred and Toby in over the next week or so, very busy few weeks before the WC starts I reckon.

I think that's exactly how it has to be. Go get a CM, CB and RW in before the world Cup. Then see what happens during the world Cup and if any young stars emerge look to sign them too.

Interesting article that. Looks a bit of an all rounder but you just know Jose is going to put the shackles on him and make him a DM.

To be fair if his passing is as good as is said in that article we could do with him playing deep in the Carrick role. We’ve got all rounders, we need someone to unlock the potential of Pogba and our attack just like Carrick did.

We don't want him sitting to deep though if we have Matic there, Fred looks very good between the half way line and 18 yard box, we have zero link between midfield and attack so he could fit in very very well, if he sits to deep he will just get in Matic's way, which is what Fellani is sensational at doing lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back