TotalPremier LeagueEuropa LeagueFA CupLeague Cup
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow Cards
Red Cards

Previous Seasons

Premier League: Manchester United 1-0 Leicester City - 14th September 2019

Decent cameo. He should start alongside McTominay and Pogba.

Europa League: AZ Alkmaar 0-0 Manchester United - 3rd October 2019

He was poor.

He is inconsistent.

Still think he should get a proper run in midfield with McTominay give him until Xmas but he doesn't look anything like a £50m player.

Starting to think we've done another Bebe and been conned by an agent.

There's nothing really to be lost by playing him as there is no real alternative.

Premier League: Manchester United 0-1 Newcastle United - 6th October 2019

He was awful. He’s very lackadaisical at times.

Man Utd Vs Liverpool

Thought he was dreadful first half hardly won a tackle and his passing was awful but he was much better second half felt he finished the game pretty strong which was refreshing as normally after about 70 minutes he looks dead on his feet.

Think he might be one of those better in big games type players his use of the ball just isn't good enough for games where Utd are expecting a lot of possession when it's a bit backs to the walls it probably suits him a bit better.

He sounded poor on the radio, just not going to work for him, so thats at least 3 midfielders needed

He sounded poor on the radio, just not going to work for him, so thats at least 3 midfielders needed

It was hard work in there second half it was basically 3 vs 2 in Liverpool's favour as Periera was sort of playing in behind the strikers in a 3-4-1-2 system and Firmino started dropping deep and playing some lovely passes around the corner for on running midfielders.

When the tackles were there to be made he made them and he hit hard which unsettled them but I do agree for 50m you want to be seeing more quality than that.

Simply put with the ball he's not good enough reminded me a bit of when we used to play Alan Smith in there he'd give it everything but fundamentally he just wasn't a central midfield player.

I think Fred is best when the game is a scrap like it was yesterday, same with PSG away. He is tenacious so will get stuck in but when we need to dictate games and play on the front foot he isn’t great.

Yeah he's a funny one I don't see how this fantastic network of scouts they keep raving about who selected Wan Bissaka from a list of 800 players managed to filter our midfield options down to Fred the previous summer.

Dunno if it's the change of league or maybe being around different players but there's no way he could have been playing like this at Shaktar and getting anyone interested in him.

If the chance came to recover the majority of what we've paid then take it but reality is we're pretty stuck with him so picking and choosing his games based on the opponent is probably the way forward but in 70% of the games we play I don't really see what he can offer.

Premier League: Manchester United 3-1 Brighton & Hove Albion - 10th November 2019

I hear he played well?

Probably the best I have seen him play for United. Wasn’t worried when he was on the ball for a change

Think a run of games if helping. He doesn’t look like the type to come in for one game here and there and look right on it. Think he should stay in the side when Pogba comes back. A three of McT, Fred and Pogba would have potential for sure.

Premier League: Sheffield United 3-3 Manchester United - 24th November 2019

Thought he played well today was basically a one man midfield with his partner in crime having a shocker.

He’s obviously not the world class centre mid we hoped we were getting but he’s looking like a solid squad player.

I didn’t think he was that bad and he was basically one man against three Sheffield Utd players as Pereira was no help. No means a wonderful performance but it wasn’t awful.

I'm with him on the second half of his statement but I thought yesterday he did ok but that's the issue the bar has been lowered so much that a performance like that is considered acceptable.

Premier League: Manchester United 2-1 Spurs

A really good performance tonight and he is improving week on week. Still a bit hectic at times but him getting a run of games is really showing.

I thought he kept it simple today. Closed down quickly, blocked a lot of shots and passed really well.

Quality performance. He covered every blade of grass. I wonder if he upped his performance due to Mourinho bring the opposing manager?

His form has been decent for a while now.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Think the run of games has helped him his fitness levels are getting better and he works well with McTominay in the bigger games where it's an open game but his passing is still a bit to slow and simple and positionally he can get pulled all over the place as he hunts the ball.

Vs the weaker teams the midfield doesn't really work as it can't totally control the game a move the ball quickly enough to open up the spaces for the wides players.

We cant do it now, because of our numbers, but for me, he needs moving on at some point. Not good enough

Premier League: Manchester City 1-2 Manchester United - 7th December 2019

Why hasn't this thread been bumped? He was excellent and bossed midfield.

He's quietly enjoying a good season.

He was ok against Sheffield United and Villa. Even Scholes would suffer playing alongside Pereira. Well, perhaps not, but you get my point.

Works well with McTominay really struggled trying to carry Periera but the lad is doing well and growing in confidence.

Andy Mitten who writes for various outlets said he spoke to Fred after the game and said he was buzzing about the speed in the team but even he said he wants to help make them faster by getting the ball out to them even quicker.

This is the next level for Fred to get to it's getting better but if he can just move it a bit quicker get rid of those times where he takes 1 touch to many he will get even better.

Him and McTominay are developing a good partnership but I still better players will be needed in there for Utd to keep pushing back towards the top.

Premier League: Watford 2-0 Manchester United - 22nd December 2019

Poor. Very sloppy in possession.

Premier League: Manchester United 4-1 Newcastle United - 26th December 2019

Good performance bar the part he played in Newcastle's goal. He plays at a good tempo and his workrate is excellent.

Premier League: Burnley 0-2 Manchester United - 28th December 2019

Flawless. Really coming into his own and being the driving force of our midfield. MOTM for me tonight.

Player of the month?

Going to be hard to beat Rashford to it but Fred has been class in December for the first time since he’s been here he looks fit can finally get around the pitch for 90 minutes every game doesn’t fade after 60 minutes anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back