Fred | Match Discussion thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure he will be a nailed on starter depends on how Ole sets the team up I think Fred works really well in a 2 man midfield not sure how he'd do as the holder in a 3 man midfield.

If we stick to the 4-2-3-1 it's hard to see him not being a nailed on starter if he can keep up this sort of form.

Thing is when we have games where we are more on the front foot we probably want more of a goal threat in central midfield which Fred doesn't really offer us.

I think people should read the first page of this thread when raving about how good Fred has been all season. The first 3 months of the season he was still getting routinely bashed by all.

It wasn’t until December he upped his game and you can’t just pretend the first half of the season didn’t happen because he has a good 3 months after.

Fundamentally he’s just not good enough on the ball to be a top class midfielder. He’ll give it his all and I know people love a player putting in effort but the quality to find a forward pass isn’t there. His Europa league stats are fantastic. 6 games. 2 goals 4 assist. His premier league stats are 27 games. 0 goals. 0 assist. If he’s playing in a defensive role with Pogba and Bruno you can let that slide. But in a more box to box role he has to produce better passes going forwards.

What has happened to Fred? He was playing so consistently well and carried us in midfield pretty much until Scott and Pogba came back. I was really enjoying watching him. He now looks like the player we first bought again, back to square one.

What has happened to Fred? He was playing so consistently well and carried us in midfield pretty much until Scott and Pogba came back. I was really enjoying watching him. He now looks like the player we first bought again, back to square one.
I get the feeling he’s not someone you can just put in for a game every now and again and hope he does well. He needs consistent games and some players are like that. He just looked lost yesterday really and short of form and when he’s out of form he looks bad.

Yeh I said this to my son yesterday, he obviously needs to play his way into form a bit like Rooney needed to. Unfortunately we haven't got the luxury of carrying someone until they decide to play well.

Think he's lost that match rhythm that he had before the lockdown he was very unlucky to lose his spot but he's not really got himself back up to speed since the restart.

He really was quite poor yesterday but he's hardly played since the restart so it wasn't that big a surprise.

I think he's showing his level. When he's average - he's actually playing at his best. I think he's not suited to the Premier League.

Same a Scott, he's gone from holding us together for 3 or 4 months to being poor last night again and I'm not sure where his best position is on the pitch with how we are now, or even if there is any place for him. I'd maybe look to sell him on with a decent resale value and invest in a player we can use effectively.

Yep, I think he is now a shop window player. There was more than one of them took to the field last night.

Think same as McTominay not played very much since restart so looks off the pace but unless offers come in he's going nowhere as I don't see us signing a centre mid next season.

Matic, McTominay, Fred & Pogba will be our 4 centre mids with Fernandes as the number 10.

Will be more games next season and he'll have to play as the team needs to rotate my only worry is I'm not sure he can really play alongside Pogba who will likely start most of the games.

Unless he's asking to leave I can't see Utd letting him go.

This could well happen, he looked proper annoyed when he came off (as did Lingard). He didn't click well with Scott and there was a even a collision between them as they were trying to occupy the same space.

On the flip side, Ole has shown his ruthlessness and may be looking to ship him out, along with possibly Lingard and/or Pereira, Jones (who will no doubt survive again as he will be injured) and Mata. Fred and Lingard and/or Pereira could bring us £55-60m in and this could be reinvested.

On the flip side, Ole has shown his ruthlessness and may be looking to ship him out, along with possibly Lingard and/or Pereira, Jones (who will no doubt survive again as he will be injured) and Mata. Fred and Lingard and/or Pereira could bring us £55-60m in and this could be reinvested.

We'll do well to get those boys out of the club on loan let alone sell them clubs this summer are skint all across Europe these lads will all be on good contracts so getting anyone to leave will be tough and these aren't the sort of players good clubs will be desperate to buy either.

It's easy to say lets sell these players but who's going to buy them? The only one I think we might be able to get a bit of money for is Lingard you might find a club willing to pay £15-20m for him because he's English. I don't really see anyone wanting to buy Fred and the others we probably couldn't give away on a free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back