Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing is has he actually had a good game yet?

Doesn't look fully fit to me he runs out of steam on 60-70 minutes but he's still working out how to play in this team.

Mourinho has tended to slowly ease his signings in apart from Zlatan/Pogba/Matic/Sanchez who came as superstar signings all the others were eased in during their first season we hardly saw Lindelöf or Mkhitaryan in their first seasons.

When you pay £50m you kind of expect ready made good to go players but for whatever reason with us that doesn't seem to happen probably because on the pitch we are such a mess it's hard to kind of carry someone through his first few games.

Premier League: Cardiff City 1-5 Manchester United - 22nd December 2018

Positive cameo.

FA Cup: Manchester United 2-0 Reading - 5th January 2019

Standard performance; some decent stuff, some awful stuff.

Starting to question him. Hopefully just first season settling in period.

Thought he was poor.

Currently looks like he struggles with the speed of the English game he’s knackered after 60 minutes
Always wants an extra touch before passing so the moment is gone
Gets caught on the ball a lot

Hopefully it’s just settling in and he will improve but Andy Mitten of United We Stand and ESPN dsaid he’d spoke to some people who’d covered the Ukrainian league and everyone said he’s a good player but not a Utd quality player.

Think it's 7 weeks since he last featured in a game for us I don't think he's even made it off the bench since Reading.

I know his partner is either pregnant or has just given birth but Fred has been on the bench a lot in games where the midfield has needed a refresh and he's not made it off the bench once even Periera has been given a start and a sub appearance ahead of him.

We saw something similar with Lindelöf last season took him a year to get up to speed maybe it'll be the same with Fred but we can't keep going down this road we need to start making some ready made signings.

Obviously we hadn't seen much of Fred prior to him coming and the speed of the game is clearly a problem and there's obviously talent as City were in for him. You'd hope that behind the scenes the coaching staff are working with him to get him ready and up to speed as for me it's only a matter of time before we have to start rotating or get an injury in the midfield.

I'm still not exactly sure what type of midfielder he is. Earlier in the season he looked to have something about him and was high in energy but been poor when given a chance since which is no surprise when you're not playing regularly. It's always nice to beat big teams in the cup and the games are better spectacles but it's a shame we've not been able to give more chances to others like we did in the 3rd round.

As you said; Lindelof is a great example of not to write him off yet. Hopefully a case of needing a season to adapt. Spent last summer injured and turned up late for pre-season so if it doesn't happen this season, hopefully he can start again in July with a clean slate.

Premier League: Manchester United 0-0 Liverpool - 24th February 2019

It would seem he is last choice.

Must be something going on here we don’t know about.

Have to wonder why he’s even being put on the bench as he’s there nearly every game and he never moves from it.

Given the injuries he must get a game soon.

Premier League: Crystal Palace 1-3 Manchester United - 27th February 2019

He unsurprisingly looked rusty in the first half. Bit better in the second half.

I only caught the first 20, it wasn't a surprise that he was doing badly but glad to hear he picked up, even if it was just a little. The jury is out and rightly so but he shouldn't be written off yet, if he's still not playing well this time next season then we can write him off just like Sanchez currently is.

Champions League: PSG 1-3 Manchester United - 6th March 2019

His best game for United.

He had his best performance in a United shirt yesterday. Hopefully he can use this as a platform to push on because he could be massively useful if he can find his form.

What do people think his best role in the midfield 3 is? I think he wants to be allowed to do more with the ball than he currently gets the chance too. He's not a replacement for Matic he wants more freedom than that imo.

Really good performance by Fred and I hope this is the one to get him going. The fact he and McTominay played so well is a further damming assessment of Sanchez though. He's the only one who hasn't shown improvement of some kind under Ole.

Thought he was excellent. Stopped attacks and got us going forward through bringing the ball forward himself or playing a pass forward. 7 out of 7 long balls. Loved his celebrations after the winner too.

Finally his name doesn't seem as out of place as it was before, in the chant. Lets hope it stays that way.

Premier League: Arsenal 2-0 Manchester United - 10th March 2019

Another encouraging performance.

He played okay, was so unlucky to concede the penalty and he has given us a little bit of tenacity in the middle. However, he can still be very wasteful with his passing but from where he was to now, it is encouraging.

I thought he was probably our best player on Sunday. He had a poor minute where he made the wrong decision at one end of the pitch and then conceded a penalty (which wasn't).

The thing I see is in the last game he was thinking quicker than he was a few months ago which is what needs to happen. Quick decisions on passes have to be made you don't get time on the ball in this league and if you hesitate the chance is gone.

Premier League: Wolverhampton Wanderers 2-1 Manchester United - 2nd April 2019

Poor mistake for Wolves' first goal, but I thought he was fairly decent.

If the Herrera rumours are true and he's off to PSG should we bench Herrera and put Fred in from the start?

I thought he was ok still a few to many loose touches was surprised to see him in the middle of the 3 think he suits the right side advance role a little bit more.

Did feel like his head went a bit after that mistake though which was a shame because he'd started very well.

I think I would put McTominay in before Fred. He seems a bit of dud to be honest.

But I wouldn't drop Hererra if he is going. Pick the best 11

You always feel that there is a mistake in him, when I watch him he makes me feel uneasy and nervy, hope he proves me wrong and picks up but I cant see it.

Will he be a Manchester United player in 2 seasons time ? Im going with no.

I think the criticism of Fred has been intensified because of that mistake, however in general he didn’t have a bad game at all. I thought he showed good intensity and gave us some energy in the middle. Like others have said I also feel nervy when he’s on the ball but he’s had worse games than last night. I said in the match thread that he was actually running the game in the first 20 minutes, his passing was crisp and he was getting on the ball but that mistake really hit him hard and he wasn’t able to come back from it.

not a good sign, that he lets mistakes bother him. Get over it and create a goal.

I am so pee'd off about that game last night. Blown top 4 and any chance of getting some real quality players in, and keeping them.

Champions League: Manchester United 0-1 Barcelona - 10th April 2019

Thought Fred was United's best player on the night.

Most touches 90
Most passes 74
Most recoveries 15

Premier League: Manchester United 2-1 West Ham United - 13th April 2019

Another positive showing I thought.

Good to hear with midfield spots up for grabs it would really help if Fred can finally find his feet in this run in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back