Champions League 0

Red Cards
Total 0
Premier League 0
FA Cup 0
League Cup 0
Champions League 0

Premier League: Manchester United 2-1 Leicester City - 10th August 2018

I think Fred will prove to be a good addition to the first team. His quality on the ball is better than Herrera and Fellaini and the extra body in midfield should help both the defence and attack.

Looks quality. Plenty of energy, good at both ends. Great quality on the ball. Think he provides a balance to our midfield. Think Herrera did alright in the role at end of last season but he is more of a 6 than an 8 I think and Fred looks an upgrade.

To me I think it's really encouraging that Fred has come in and looked so settled in every game. OK I'm sure over time he'll show us more but its a great start to his career. He doesn't look out of place in the Premier League.

He looked very comfortable, he'll settle in very well I think. Not sure about his petulant karate kick that he should have seen red for tho lol

Champions League: Young Boys 0-3 Manchester United - 19th September 2018

He struggled.

I'm honestly surprised at all the comments i've seen regarding him. I missed the first 20 minutes on a train but from when I was watching I thought he was excellent. Forward thinking moving it fast trying to force others in to moving forward. Exactly what we need. No extra touches just touch bang forwards. But everyone Social Media is also criticising him. Was he really terrible in the first 20 or something?

He grew into the game. I like his forward vision though, he's not a side wards and back pass merchant. Yet.
I couldn't believe he took two corners in succession where he didn't beat the first man either time. Poor.

Give him half a season and he'll be up to speed.

Struggled with their midfield runners early on but that seemed more of a tactical thing that a player thing, improved second half but so far he's not been that impressive struggling to really see what he does but we are 5 or 6 games into a season.

Premier League: Manchester United 1-1 Wolverhampton Wanderers - 22nd September 2018

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Him Pogba and Fellaini played well. Strikers offered nothing. I’d like to see our front 3 interchanging more. Even if Lukaku ends up wide at points he’s got a great cross on him and we’re far too static

Him Pogba and Fellaini played well. Strikers offered nothing. I’d like to see our front 3 interchanging more. Even if Lukaku ends up wide at points he’s got a great cross on him and we’re far too static

Against... Was it Burnley? I read that Lukaku was pulling out in to wide positions, running the channels and got some good crosses in. Plus he scored so he absolutely can do it.

Premier League: Manchester United 2-1 Everton - 28th October 2018

He provided energy and movement to the midfield and was a major reason for United's better team performance. He helped to free up Pogba.

He looked rusty and not at pace at time but always looked forward, always tried to be positive and put some great balls through. Give this boy some more game time, he will be a massive hit (for a change) for a Mourunho signing at OT.

vs Bournemouth

What do we think?

I think he was ok first half seemed to get the criticism that Matic really deserved wasn’t amazing but for first half hour he was the best midfielder and I thought unlucky to be hooked.

Mourinho says Fred's fortunes will change. But not until the defense sorts itself out.

“I think Fred, when the team is defensively stronger and doesn’t need in midfield, people that is more worried in giving balance to the team than being involved in creation and attacking dynamic, the day we are stronger defensively I think the horizons for Fred change completely.”

Can we now all agree that our playing style is based on our defence being too poor as said all along?

Yeah, I've been saying this for two years.

It's not Jose's fault, he needs to go but it's Woodwards summer activity that has casued this. Jose hasn't handled it well which is his downfall.

I don't agree on that tbh. Our defence is not great but I am not sure it's as bad as people think. If our playing style was different they wouldn't be asked to defend as much as we would have the ball and keep it. We don't defend well from the front. The midfield gives very little protection. I think blaming the defence is a real cop out for a terrible playing style.

He's just piling everything onto him not getting a defender that he wanted in the summer.

So basically we've spunked 50m on a centre mid we can't use because Mourinho hasn't managed to sort the defence out yet.

Mourinho can deflect blame but he's part of this process if can't be all Woodward the clubs an absolute shambles right now.

But you must agree it's all Woodwards fault we didn't sign a defender? I mean the guy even came out and said he didn't sign a defender because Alderwierald isn't better than Smalling. You surely disagree with his sentiment in that regard? I mean I fully think Fred should be in the side. He doesn't look defensively weak to me. He doesn't track his runners as well as he should but you take the disapointment of that and counter it with the fact he's a higher tempo player and will win the ball 10 yards further up the pitch than Fellaini/Matic.

I'd love to see the midfield three of Herrera/Pogba/Fred. Have we seen the combination at any time this season?

But you must agree it's all Woodwards fault we didn't sign a defender? I mean the guy even came out and said he didn't sign a defender because Alderwierald isn't better than Smalling. You surely disagree with his sentiment in that regard?

I think the truth is the club didn't have much money to spend in the summer they failed to sell players and therefore couldn't buy.

I think all parties are to blame on this as it's clear Mourinho and the club can't agree on the players we should be targeting.

I do believe Woodward is a muppet and shouldn't even be having an opinion on players we sign/sell he's a banker not a director of football that Alderwiereld comment I felt was him just covering his backside as he knew the fans were gunning for him.

I imagine we had money, it's probably our wage bill that stopped us buying, again Woodwards fault.

It's not one persons fault, as I said he has to go, but I do have sympathy with Jose. He was dropped royaly in it this summer.

It's numbers he has 5 CB's plus Fosu-Mensah plus Tuenzebe the club can't go and employ another one without someone leaving permanently.

I think they hoped to sell Rojo and possibly Smalling or Jones in the summer to create space in the squad but none of them wanted to leave Rojo turned down offers.

That didn't happen so no one can come in.

But you must agree it's all Woodwards fault we didn't sign a defender? I mean the guy even came out and said he didn't sign a defender because Alderwierald isn't better than Smalling. You surely disagree with his sentiment in that regard? I mean I fully think Fred should be in the side. He doesn't look defensively weak to me. He doesn't track his runners as well as he should but you take the disapointment of that and counter it with the fact he's a higher tempo player and will win the ball 10 yards further up the pitch than Fellaini/Matic.

I'd love to see the midfield three of Herrera/Pogba/Fred. Have we seen the combination at any time this season?

I can understand why the club didn’t sign the defenders wanted by Mourinho. Spending big on ageing players is unwise. Sanchez and Matic are prime examples. Genuine question; how has Alderweireld performed this season?

Mourinho’s comments today are pathetic. It’s just more nonsense.

Can we now all agree that our playing style is based on our defence being too poor as said all along?

No, because it’s utter nonsense. He’s deflecting blame away from himself to hide his shortcomings. He should try to coach and improve the players at his disposal, just like other top managers are capable of achieving.

I can understand why the club didn’t sign the defenders wanted by Mourinho. Spending big on ageing players is unwise. Sanchez and Matic are prime examples. Genuine question; how has Alderweireld performed this season?

His performances have been quite good. He was rested for the nightmare against Arsenal as he'd started every game of the season with Tottenhams injury woes so far and people think it's the biggest mistake Poch has made this season. It was a strange decision though when he could surely have just rested him midweek.

Champions League: Valencia v Manchester United - 12th December 2018

Fred is not going to force himself into the team on the back of that performance.

Another player who's confidence is clearly low and by the looks of it has no idea what he's supposed to be doing on the pitch looked a lost boy in there last night but this is the problem with the constant rotation that midfield 3 will probably never be seen again.

Not been an easy start for Fred but I think there are some legitimate reasons behind his problems.

I feel sorry for Fred in that the 'system' we currently play does nothing for midfielders, there is next to no movement and fullbacks are generally held back.. He made some basic errors last night but most of the mistakes came about from trying to force things due to lack of options. I still believe there is a player in there with Fred, he just needs the right manager/system to operate within, like a lot of the others.

He can't go from a classy looking midfielder to a crap one overnight. It's just another example of a player having the life sucked out of him by Moureen.

He just had a poor performance. Every footballer has it in them. Fergie used to say you'd only ever be playing with 8 or 9 players because 2 or 3 will always be having an off day as they're human.

Problem is we're only every playing with 2 or 3 as 8 or 9 are having a bad day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back