Fred identifies United's biggest problem this season

Sideshow Bob

Fred:

"We are lacking a lot right now, first of all we need to figure out things on the pitch, we are lacking creativity, especially in midfield,"

"We also need to improve as a group, our group lacks the ‘sticking together mentality’, we have lots of problems.

"Vanity is also an issue and we need to stop this and just run on the pitch.

"We need to stick a goal inside our minds, focus on it and go forward.

"We need to be on the same page and today some players have different objectives, there are players that just want to solve problems alone and this is wrong."

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Can’t argue to much with what he’s said he’s been a bit of a shining light this season as some described it the Red Fred Redemption is under way this season and we are maybe seeing the true player. Good to hear him talk openly about what he thinks and he sounds up for the challenge of putting it right now he’s 100% fit he looks a totally different player.

Pretty damning of his team mates suggesting it hasn’t always been a United dressing room with various factions which is probably fair it does seem like there is the Spanish speakers, the English lads then the others at times but I’d say things have looked better this season. You can see leadership qualities in guys like Maguire, McTominay, Fred and even Bruno after one game looks to have that and Rashford playing injured for the team, Williams is a fighter as well. I do think last season we had a lot of players who just didn’t want to be here anymore and Ole has slowly moved players like this on.

As for Ole being a young coach that’s just a myth he’s been a manager/coach for a decade now so he should know what he’s doing. He’s obviously inexperienced as a coach at a club like Utd but he didn’t retire yesterday so I think it’s only fair that he’s judged properly as a manager.

There’s been rumblings this week of some players being unhappy with the quality of coaching the latest target being Kieran McKenna but my guess is these are the words of someone who isn’t getting picked every week.

I don't like it when players try to lift the lid on the dressing room or internal workings of the team, and usually to their own benefit. I think there are many, many things we could improve on the pitch, and Fred should be including himself in any discussion off what needs to improve. I agree he has looked like a real player in the last several games, but I don't see him as a game-changer or having any real impact on the pitch. I fully realize the tide has turned and everyone loves Fred now, but I wouldn't start him if all of our midfielders were available.

I mentioned this last week, I think we need to bring in a more experienced coach, over Mckenna. Then a report came out the squad aren't happy with his basic training methods.

I don't like it when players try to lift the lid on the dressing room or internal workings of the team, and usually to their own benefit. I think there are many, many things we could improve on the pitch, and Fred should be including himself in any discussion off what needs to improve. I agree he has looked like a real player in the last several games, but I don't see him as a game-changer or having any real impact on the pitch. I fully realize the tide has turned and everyone loves Fred now, but I wouldn't start him if all of our midfielders were available.

I think this is naive from Fred. I’d guess he didn’t realise that an interview in his native land would so quickly make it back to here and also that his teammates might not take kindly to him calling them out publicly.

Also agree that when everyone is fit he doesn’t start. McTominay Pogba Fernandez will be the midfield trio.

I'm not convinced he doesn't start when all are fit the way he's played you can't drop him when people come back they need to take the place off him.

I think McTominay and Fred worked well as a partnership playing as a two when Pogba is fit and Bruno obviously now here we don't know if they'll change the system to a 4-3-3 and play 1 holding midfielder with 2 number 8's or will they stick to 4-2-3-1 with one of Bruno or Pogba playing deeper. If we go 4-3-3 then can McTominay or Fred play that holding role on their own of the two I think the better one suited to that role is Fred.

I think it’s probably a flip of the coin between the two of them and McTominay is better at looking forward so I’d go with him.

Yeah I agree it's flip of a coin but McTominay has to play his way back in line Pogba does if they want to take Fred's spot in the team.

The way things are going Fred will probably be injured before McTominay comes back so he'll be straight in so we don't have to play Periera.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back