Frank Lampard at Chelsea 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

IDFD

Another day another Chelsea signing. Silva is confirmed.

Another day another Chelsea signing. Silva is confirmed.
Potential to be a disaster to be honest, a 35 year old guy coming into a new league. He’s spent 8 easy years at PSG, this is a real test for him.

I was thinking the same, it's not going to easy to integrate so many new players.

Be interesting to see how he’s used can they expect him to play 50+ games a season and will they stick with the back 3 they used last season?

He didn’t start out with it but he ended up using it as he just didn’t trust his defenders.

Could be a decent line up next season

Kepa

Rudiger Silva Azpi

James Kante Kovacic Chilwell

Ziyech Werner Pulisic

The fact they’re in for Havertz makes me think he wants to play 4 at the back otherwise where does a player like that fit in your line up you either need to play 3 centre Mids or a number 10.

Signing Chilwell to be suggested they were going 4 at the back. Otherwise you’d stick with Alonso.

Azpi Tamori Silva Chilwell

Kante Kovacic

Ziyech Havertz Pulisic

Werner

That’s a very very good line up on paper. If everyone settles (and they do buy Havertz) and plays to the potential they’ve shown in other leagues they are going to be well up there next season.

The real question is whether Lampard can handle the pressure. He could hide behind no transfer window last year but now they’ve spent heavy he needs to be on it.

I think Havertz surely takes Mounts place in any starting 11? If they do sign Havertz I think it's difficult to make them two work in the same team. Mount isn't dropping any deeper because it's not really his style of play but also Kante and Kovacic are levels above him.

Back to my FF team then!

I thought there was no way Mount would get dropped, he was their best player last year

Signing Chilwell to be suggested they were going 4 at the back. Otherwise you’d stick with Alonso.

Azpi Tamori Silva Chilwell

Kante Kovacic

Ziyech Havertz Pulisic

Werner

Can’t see Tamori starting ahead of Rudiger by the end of the season even Zouma was ahead of Tomori.

Yeah 4-2-3-1 feels the more obvious formation even without Havertz that puts Mount back in the team

Back to my FF team then!

I thought there was no way Mount would get dropped, he was their best player last year

Hard to see him starting with Havertz and Werner coming in you don’t pay those fees without them being starters.

Only spot I see Mount getting if Havertz comes in the best XI is playing off a wing ahead of Ziyech.

He’ll still get plenty of games next season with the condensed season there has to be rotation.

Big challenge for Lampard to use that squad and keep everyone fit and in form.

So all the plaudits about him playing the youth players have just been blown out the water now he can buy players

So all the plaudits about him playing the youth players have just been blown out the water now he can buy players

Pretty much the only one who I think looks a nailed on starter is James at right back.

Mount is unlucky I think he was good for them last season

I don’t think Tomori and Abraham did enough to nail down a starting spot by the end of the season both were replaced by senior players.

Surely Azpi moves back to right back now.

Not sure he might even be the other centre back he’s been on the decline lost a bit of speed which makes him vulnerable. The back 3 really suited him last season but in a back 4 not sure he’s got the legs to get up and down for 90 minutes.

Brighton 1 - 3 Chelsea

Good start for Chelsea didn't see much of the game but a few of the new boys got their first start Werner won a penalty didn't really see much of Havertz.

As expected they've moved to a back 4 good to see the youngster James retain his place at right back and scored an absolute rocket of a goal.

That keeper still looks shaky the bits I saw he was flapping around and maybe could have done better with the equaliser.

Brighton 1 - 3 Chelsea

Good start for Chelsea didn't see much of the game but a few of the new boys got their first start Werner won a penalty didn't really see much of Havertz.

As expected they've moved to a back 4 good to see the youngster James retain his place at right back and scored an absolute rocket of a goal.

That keeper still looks shaky the bits I saw he was flapping around and maybe could have done better with the equaliser.
Yeah not sure you are winning any titles with Kepa in goal. I heard they were after some guy from Rennes but who knows if that’s just for a number 2 or a challenge for Kepa.

Off Chelsea a little but the right back Lamptey who Brighton got off Chelsea looked very good. Think he’s going to be one to watch for sure.

Chelsea were awful yesterday. Couldn’t get the ball. Got bailed out by a screamer.

Havertz was dreadful. It was as if he’d never played a game of football in his life and thought the aim was to get the ball off of the pitch and not to a team mate.

Going to take time for them to get used to Werner a very different striker to Giroud or Abraham. He’s on the last mans shoulder and wants that early ball in behind. Looks absolutely rapid.

Yeah he's caught me eye whenever I watch Brighton I remember him being highly rated at Chelsea wouldn't be a surprise if they've got some sort of buy back or sell on clause in that deal.

Did Havertz play wide looked to me like he was sort of playing from the right last nigh in the bits of the game I saw.

Chelsea 0 -2 Liverpool

Chelsea actually did ok up until half time it was a competitive game but the sending off totally changing the match Christensen caught sleeping and at that point with the extra man Liverpool had them on toast.

Havertz was subbed at half time due to the red card but he'd been very quiet in the game didn't really seem to fit in the 4-3-3 that Chelsea played Werner looked good but Fabinho did really well in one vs ones against him.

Kepa was dreadful again gifted Liverpool the second goal and no surprise that Chelsea have announced they've just signed another keeper from Rennes.

Getting embarrassed here. 3-0 down to West Brom.

Why did you have to tempt fate.

It’s 3-2 now still 20 to go I reckon they’ll get at least a point out of this.

Go on Chelsea. Would be a hell of a come back.

Not even trying to hide it anymore are you?

Why would any Utd fan want Chelsea to win this game? The more points they drop the better

Not even trying to hide it anymore are you?

Why would any Utd fan want Chelsea to win this game? The more points they drop the better
I don't know how many times I have to say it bud. I'm not a United fan.

Do I want to see them do well? Yes. But I just want goals and to be entertained.

I don't know how many times I have to say it bud. I'm not a United fan.

Do I want to see them do well? Yes. But I just want goals and to be entertained.

So why do you get so frustrated with Utd’s lack of spending or take an interest in our transfers. You obviously still have something that draws you to the club.

Anyway Chelsea get it back to 3-3.

Since Lampard took over 21 away PL games 42 goals conceded that must be very worrying.

So why do you get so frustrated with Utd’s lack of spending or take an interest in our transfers. You obviously still have something that draws you to the club
They were the team I supported. As I've said many times I still want to see them succeed.

Very strange to make Thiago Silva captain, yes he’s got all the experience in the world but from what I hear he doesn’t speak English so not sure how he can communicate effectively?

Going forward they will score lots of goals but their defence is still pretty rubbish. Quite surprised they are not playing Rudiger.

The right back James is very good at getting forward but defensively still learning and well Alonso was awful. Chilwell is still to come in so that may help. But before the defence gets sorted out I don’t think they’ll be challenging the big two.

Very strange to make Thiago Silva captain, yes he’s got all the experience in the world but from what I hear he doesn’t speak English so not sure how he can communicate effectively?

Going forward they will score lots of goals but their defence is still pretty rubbish. Quite surprised they are not playing Rudiger.

The right back James is very good at getting forward but defensively still learning and well Alonso was awful. Chilwell is still to come in so that may help. But before the defence gets sorted out I don’t think they’ll be challenging the big two.
Same situation as us.

How on earth does a Chelsea fan become a moderator on here?
And why would a Chelsea supporter want to be a moderator on here?
Very strange!!!

The Rudiger situation is strange seems like they’re trying to move him on for whatever reason he’s their best defender wonder if it’s him pushing the move or has something gone on.

Chelsea look much like last season lots of fun going forward but allover the place at the back.

Lampard needs to show that he can sort it out or the knives will be out for him if you spend that sort of money you will want to see results from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back