First Impressions Of Solskjær's United

Sideshow Bob

A few noticeable points:

Intensity
Tempo
Movement
Freedom
Confidence
High defensive line resulting in the whole team being further up the pitch and closer to Cardiff's penalty.
High full backs

What are your first impressions?

High full backs especially impressive. Against good teams it will be hard to defend against but I would much rather watch this. Great movement. Can't believe how many forward passes Herrera made.

Happiness. Sums it up. They celebrated that game like I haven’t seen in years.

I think we still need at least one quality centre half. My issue with the Jose United was because he thought we were weak at the back his solution was to put more people in there, drop people deeper. The team today wanted the ball and worked hard to get it back when Cardiff had it. The other team can't score if they don't have the ball.

I felt today highlighted the problem was with the players tbh though. The way they celebrated the win after was pure relief. They have let us down.

It’s a bit of both really, they didn’t play to their potential, but were they allowed to?

Great start for Ole, let’s hope they can keep it up

First impressions... Give him the full time gig.

No no I kid I kid.

Good start, a nice easy start in all honesty but then that's a game where under Jose we struggle and we concede the first and probably drop points.

Martial played really well. I thought Rashford showed glimpses and I liked the interchanging with Martial. Pogba played with freedom and was trying to make things happen rather than be too afraid.

So yeah good start. Nice work by all.

It made me think the problem before was the manager. Under Jose even if we had gone 2 up the minute Cardiff got the goal back it would have been full backs tucking in, wingers dropping deep as full backs.

Mourinho’s management suffocated the players. He failed to get the best out of the players.

I thought Lindelof was excellent and Jones was also good. Cardiff created little. I didn’t feel there was a sense of panic.

A breath of fresh air after the mostly dour football of the last 5 years. It's only one game and against a poor team but hey, if he can get a performance like that out of a suffocated team I'm hoping there is lots more to come.
It's give us hope at last. It was so nice to see free flowing football.

Front foot in your face football the United style and swagger was back.

Got one, went for a second non of this 1-0 and hold on nonsense kept the pressure on and kept going for goals no rest for the opposition.

Obviously can’t judge anything on one game and harder days will come but the team looked happy and were fighting for each other playing a way they probably want to play.

Passing was a bit sloppy at times but it was quick and mostly forward runners in behind turning defenders back to their own goal. Better sides probably punish the sloppy passes but what a start and hopefully that passing becomes crisper with more time in games and training.

I thought Lindelof was excellent and Jones was also good. Cardiff created little. I didn’t feel there was a sense of panic.

Both better on the front foot. Lindelof bringing the ball out of defence was fantastic to see, it's been a while.

Still far too early to say give him the job but everything he's done so far has been a joy and right now, i'll be sad to see him and the other current coaches leave as they all completely get the club. His interviews and press conferences have been the most positive we've had since Fergie. Perhaps even more positive and that can only boost their confidence. As said above it was a bit sloppy at times but having not played this way in a while and only a couple of training sessions I think that was to expected, we improved as we got more confident.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back