Top Poster Of Month
Just can't get my head around them

1. Belgium
2. Brazil
3. England
4. France
5. Italy
6. Argentina

So Argentina won the Copa America in the summer yet are 4 places behind Brazil.

Italy won the Euro's and are on something like a 30 game unbeaten run but are 5th.

I know there has to be some sort of system but surely if they want these things to have any meaning they need to be a bit of a better representation of the current state of play.

Hmm, but no way are italy the best in Europe just because they won they tourny.

We play them tomorrow and we beat them. Belgium at the top always suprises me.

Why don't you rate Italy?

They were the better side in the final against us a few months ago and apart from a dodgy game vs Austria where they still went through they were comfortably the best side at the Euro and are on a very long unbeaten run. I thought they looked the best side at that competition by a mile.

I think when you combine the tournament win with the unbeaten run you have to say that right now they are the top dog in europe.

Man for man they might not have the best players but as a team they are excellant way ahead of the other top european nations at the moment the only weakness I saw in that team was at centre forward they haven't got a truely top class striker but they don't really need one for it all to work.

They were easily outplayed by Spain for most of that game too and only got through luckily on penalties and that was a poor looking Spain team.

Donnarumma got player of the tournament says it all about them. Like we said when De Gea was getting our player of the seasons a great goalkeeper is masking the squads deficiencies.

The ratings are never 100% accurate but I think they're a lot better now than they were in the past.

I never really got that Donnarumma award think that was given because he broke some record during the group stage didn't he?

I thought that in midfield they looked excellant had 4 or 5 players that were in and out and up top Chiesa was a real star for me. Again with Italy it's the team strength not the individual strength that I think sets them apart one player getting injured doesn't really weaken them as the next guy comes in and can do the same job.

Spain were a bit of a surprise package at the tournament stunk the place out in the 1st game then really got going after that.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back