Fergie on Rooney and Winter Break

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes common sense is more important than traditions. I like the boxing day and the games in that period but that's good for those who watch, not for those who plays. This may have some major influence and interfere with ET "style of play", but this can not be used as an excuse and that is the impression. It's useless to think that only a winter break in England Will make the ET play well to win titles. England will need much more than a winter break to play what everyone expects from them.

I think what would make more sense at first is to scrap the game that falls between the boxing day and new years day games. 2 games in 3 days is madness in such conditions.

I think having a winter break would just make things worse as it would increase fixture congestion, you scrap 4/5 games over Winter, where are you going to fit them in? We've already got some periods of the season where Champions League teams are playing 4 or 5 games in the space of 2 weeks. And then, people say, scrap the League Cup, but without the League Cup, where are youngsters going to get any game time? Which is another problem. Personally, it would make more sense to scrap stupid international friendlies, but it won't happen, even if England stop having friendlies, other countries will still carry on, these friendlies can only be stopped by FIFA getting rid of some of the international windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back