Fergie hints at no more signings

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSNFRMN

Fergie said after training in Philly that he is "happy" with his squad and hints at no more summer signings. "We bought at the right time - during the season."

Also... Nani said: "I started training with the team three days ago, so this is a great opportunity for me to have a good pre-season."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... nited.html

Nani has been training on his own, I presume this means, full training with the whole squad. Philly might be too early, next game maybe.

The team is good and everybody knows it. We have good depth, but I still think we need at least one hiring. But if Nani is becoming a regular player, Anderson fit in the team's tatics and Berba play what is expected of him, the team may not need signings. And anyway, there are two transfer windows. If things don't happen as planned, SAF will sign a player in January (if there is money available, of course.)

I think what needs to be remembered though is that despite us all wanting a creative midfielder or a goalscoring midfielder, we still scored a lot more goals last season than the previous season, our defence wasn't terrible either despite having a series of defensive injury problems, the younger players are better and have an extra year of experience. I think last season was a season of learning and re-building after losing a key player who had been a key part of our system for 3 years. A lot of young players hopefully have learned from their mistakes and the more senior memebers will be very determined to get the title back. I think Valencia will be even better than last season providing his injury doesn't affect him. Rooney will be even more determined after getting slated during the World Cup. There's a lot of positives still.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back