Fergie backs Michael Carrick England call

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Fergie: FA Must Take The Michael

Carrick is the most composed and comprehensive central midfielder we have in England. Gerrard, for all his undoubted talent and drive (pains me to say), is way too ill disciplined and Lampard is just a joke in an England shirt.

I'd like to see Carrick, Parker and Wilshere in the middle.

He seems to play a lot on his confidence, which can be a concern, but as an all round midfielder he is superb. He is an easy target because he doesnt fly into tackles, doesnt score goals etc, but he remains the catalyst in many of our great performances. I really rate him.

Cant remember which England game it was before the World Cup, but we were absolute dogshit and he came on second half and ran the show.

JSNFRMN

I will always back United players but I also thought he was going this summer, but then I wanted him to stay because after watching England at the World Cup, I realised that what they were lacking was someone who could pass and keep the ball. And if we got rid, we would only have Scholes who can do that and he can't play every single game. I think he doesn't really turn up to the big games and that is why he is criticsised so much.

As mentioned he ran the show against Egypt when he came on.

Status
Not open for further replies.