Fellaini suffers ligament damage

Sideshow Bob

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Belgium confirm he's out of their final group game with sprained knee ligaments.

Expected to be out for around 2 weeks

With a busy fixture list over the next month we really can't afford any more midfield injuries

Yeah it’s a big blow IMO especially with the tough run of games coming. Looks like it’ll have to be Matic and Herrera as a two in the midfield. Although I don’t think the Liverpool centre midfield is up to much but that forward line could rip anyone apart on their day.

Fellaini has his doubters but I think we’ll really feel his absence.

Looks like it's an MCL strain rather than a tear. So might be back in three weeks. Still a difficult run of matches that he is going to miss.

If Herrera steps up and can get his season going I don't think he will be missed but Carrick will probably need to step in vs Benfica and Swansea to provide some rotation for Herrera & Matic to keep them fresh.

Premier League: Liverpool 0-0 Manchester United - 15th October 2017

He was a big miss.

Fellaini absence is 'mystery' to Man United - report - Football365

While there's no quotes attached to this story someone somewhere has said something you wonder if he's already sorted a move in January so he doesn't want to risk injury.

I mean if he's asking for a longer contract than what's been offered crying off with a mystery knee injury that no one can diagnose wouldn't make much sense.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back