Faouzi Ghoulam

Sideshow Bob

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

We've been linked with this guy a lot. Done his cruciate back in November against City and then broke his kneecap when he came back from injury so we probably are interested...

Didn’t he have an ACL injury and then a fractured kneecap? I remember I saw an article about him a while ago that he was really hyped up but then he has been plagued by there injuries.

I wonder if Napoli are looking to get rid and his agent is putting out these stories to amp up some interest. Although he has a contract through to 2022 so he wouldn’t be cheap even if Napoli are looking to sell.

Hear lots of good stuff about him but those injuries surely mean you can’t invest a lot in him they’re 2 career changing injuries in 1 season for the poor bloke.

Seen figures today of £30m

How can any club invest money in a player before they know if he is properly fit. or even worse, maybe take a year or more to get over an injury like Shaw did

I mean the guy is 27 and is coming off the back of 2 very bad injuries so £30m even in todays market seems a bit steep, I don't watch Napoli but has the guy who's come in since he's been out done well so they're looking to cash in?

The money doesn't really matter to me if they think this guy is the right guy then go and get him but the injuries would have to set off a lot of alarm bells as no one fully recovers from an ACL injury but his doesn't sound that serious if he was back playing within 3 months.

You would assume if Utd did go for him their would be a very thorough medical because Utd insure all their players against injury which is why clubs do medicals and if he couldn't pass the medical we wouldn't do the deal.

This kind of feels like Napoli trying to offload while he still has some value in the market. No-one knows how he’s going to come back from his latest knee injury and it’s the second time it’s happened.

I think it would be a major risk and one that I’m not sure Jose will take. I would rather see him have another season at Napoli and see how he recovers from his latest injury. I don’t think Algeria are in the World Cup so he has the summer to recover peak fitness but it would be a risk.

Knee injuries aren't the death sentence they were 20 years ago but it's fair to say that no player ever comes back the same and we saw with Falcao that it can take a few years to fully get back to where you were or in the case of Van Nistelrooy you can be back at your best in a year as everyone recovers at different speeds.

He's 27 so he's not a young man with plenty of time to recover so for me it seems like a huge gamble to take.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back