Fans let their displeasure be known (v CSKA)

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Sideshow Bob, Nov 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sideshow Bob

Sideshow Bob Avatar & New Members Forum Mod

Boos at Martial being replaced and chants of "attack" and "we're Man United, we want an attack" during the game.

Martial had an off night and the decision to replace him was understandable.

Odd for the fans to act in this way tonight. I thought the performance was one of the more positive displays of the season.

2. bludsucker

bludsucker Well-Known Member

The booing was in poor form. But I think it was pre planned as previously van gaal has said that the fans are still chanting his name so they must be enjoying the football. Don't think the booing was warranted as it was clear that martial was having an off day. And Rooney actually had a decent day.

3. boothstownred

boothstownred Well-Known Member

I think when you are looking for goals and take a striker off it just looks bad. I don't particularly think it was a bad decision. Infact I think it worked out quite well. The fans made van gaal aware of what is expected and he disnt really lose face as we got the winner

4. se7en

se7en Well-Known Member

Weeks of frustration which boiled over when our best striker comes off while Rooney stays on again.

He needed to hear the were Man Utd we want to attack chant.

5. JSNFRMN

JSNFRMN Moderator

I was surprised. Moyes didn't even get that level of booing. But in a way, it's perhaps needed as Van Gaal's felt that we're perfectly happy with the football because the fans chant his name etc. but it's not the case, we're just getting behind the team/club/him. Now he perhaps knows that we want/expect more from him.

6. Sideshow Bob

Sideshow Bob Avatar & New Members Forum Mod

Louis van Gaal can understand frustration of Manchester United fans

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.