Facundo Pellistri | Match Discussion thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sideshow Bob

Match discussion thread for discussing Facundo Pellistri’s performances.

Reserves: Manchester United 0-1 Everton - 23rd October 2020

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Great performance by him, capped off with a goal. Getting better with each game.

Great goal but please don’t turn him into another bloody left winger :D

I think really he is an old school right winger. Drop the shoulder, push and run.

He can start playing in the first team in January, correct?

Nothing stopping him from playing now as far as I'm aware but the lad is a long way from being ready for the PL my guess is they'll keep him around the U23 setup this season then look for a good loan move for next season.

Nothing stopping him from playing now as far as I'm aware but the lad is a long way from being ready for the PL my guess is they'll keep him around the U23 setup this season then look for a good loan move for next season.
Do you think Diallo will feature in the first team straight away? Or be similar to Pellistri and go straight into the U23's for a short time ?

I reckon we see him in the Europa league games and FA/EFL cup games.

I can't see him going in to the team. Think you'll maybe see a few cameos off of the bench. He's not playing for Atlanta at the moment so don't see him stepping straight in to our side.

Do you think Diallo will feature in the first team straight away? Or be similar to Pellistri and go straight into the U23's for a short time ?

I reckon we see him in the Europa league games and FA/EFL cup games.

I think it'll be U23 games mostly this season for both.

Now that we're in Europa we might see Diallo and Pellistri involved after Xmas but unless they take to these games like a duck to water in the way Rashford did it's hard to see them going into the first team setup. Think you name 9 subs in European games only 7 in the prem so it will be tough for them to even get on the bench with the squad size that we have. I think Ole will be going strong in the league cup if we get past Everton it's semi finals/finals and he needs a trophy. FA Cup will likely depend on the draws we get a nice easy home game he might put them on the bench and try to get them on.

Diallo is probably more likely to be around the first team squad more I think he's played in Serie A so my guess is he'll train with the first team and if he looks ready then he'll be given chances.

I reckon Lingard will leave in January and I do think Ole has lost faith in James so there's a big chance for both of them to grasp an opportunity but Ole knows the deal with the youngsters you can't just chuck them in they need to earn that right and take the chance.

Chances can come at you quickly Rashford only got his shot because Will Keane got injured injured in a cup match and then Martial went down in the warm up before we played that Midget-Land team. He took his chance and never looked back.

I think it'll be U23 games mostly this season for both.

Now that we're in Europa we might see Diallo and Pellistri involved after Xmas but unless they take to these games like a duck to water in the way Rashford did it's hard to see them going into the first team setup. Think you name 9 subs in European games only 7 in the prem so it will be tough for them to even get on the bench with the squad size that we have. I think Ole will be going strong in the league cup if we get past Everton it's semi finals/finals and he needs a trophy. FA Cup will likely depend on the draws we get a nice easy home game he might put them on the bench and try to get them on.

Diallo is probably more likely to be around the first team squad more I think he's played in Serie A so my guess is he'll train with the first team and if he looks ready then he'll be given chances.

I reckon Lingard will leave in January and I do think Ole has lost faith in James so there's a big chance for both of them to grasp an opportunity but Ole knows the deal with the youngsters you can't just chuck them in they need to earn that right and take the chance.

Chances can come at you quickly Rashford only got his shot because Will Keane got injured injured in a cup match and then Martial went down in the warm up before we played that Midget-Land team. He took his chance and never looked back.
I remember the night at OT when Rashford played against Midtjylland, and the guy sat behind me obviously hadnt heard of him or seen him play and immediately decided he wouldent be that good. I turned round and told him, I said the lad has potential, he is lighting quick and can finish, he might surprise you.
I saw him again but months down the line when he must of used his mates season ticket again and only then he agreed and said, "not bad is he, Rashford" ! haha

I remember the night at OT when Rashford played against Midtjylland, and the guy sat behind me obviously hadnt heard of him or seen him play and immediately decided he wouldent be that good. I turned round and told him, I said the lad has potential, he is lighting quick and can finish, he might surprise you.
I saw him again but months down the line when he must of used his mates season ticket again and only then he agreed and said, "not bad is he, Rashford" ! haha

Yeah I think prior to that he'd been on the bench in a league game and was ripping it up in the youth teams but his explosion on to the scene was crazy. There's been a few wobbles along the way but I think now he is one of the best wide players around still room for improvement but he must be a frightening opponent. Does strike me as a modern winger more than a striker in the way the game is now played.

Find it odd that some fans still give him grief he obviously isn't the new Ronaldo that guy was a freak but he looks like a guy who can be a top quality player for Utd banging in 20-25 goals a season off the wings which is the modern standard.

Goal against City U23

Being widely reported that he's off to Spain on loan for the rest of the season.

Was interest from Brugge and Lyon but looks like Spain is the preferred destination.

As long as he can force his way into the team wherever he goes think a loan move makes sense for him and Spain will be good given there's no language barrier just need to find a club we can trust to treat him fairly.

Dec 7, Pellistri "goes out of his way" to let the U23 side know he is committed to playing for them. Two months later, he's gone to Spain. Was there some falling out, or was Pellistri deemed just not ready?

He isn't ready for our first team but considered too good to play U23's and improve would be my guess

I think he’s had some youth games to get used to his new surroundings and the coaches probably feel it’ll be better if he gets some real game time in a top league. Will be keeping a keen eye on the Alaves results now.

To good for U23 football not good enough for PL football would be my guess.

If we can get him 6 months playing regularly in La Liga I think it’s wins for all parties.

If he does well I’d even consider having him out there next season as well.

He seems to have broken in to the team now having started the last three games.

Suarez was seemingly very impressed with him this weekend. Took to instagram to send him a message saying it was a pleasure to play against him and keep up performances like that and good things will come.

Yep be interesting to see what next season brings for him might be another season out on loan.

I think another season in Spain will be on the cards for him, just watching some of the highlights he seems to really want to get involved in the game, still a lot of improvement to be made but looks a prospect.

Yeah can see that if we're in Champions League his only real chance of first team games would be league cup maybe they keep him at the club until Christmas then let him go on loan similar to this season.

They do need to try and get him settled in Manchester and with lockdown hopefully out the way it might be good for him to spend 6 months living in Manchester and being able to train with the first team more often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back