Fabregas to Barcelona?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fabregas is a quality player, but i cant see anyone, ie Barcelona forking out 80 million for a midfielder when they already have the best midfield in the world by a country mile. Also there is a massive discrepancy in the price as a few days ago it was said that barca were willing to pay 30 mil. Thats a big gap between 30 and 80 million

Hello Salford'sCantona, welcome to the forum.

Fabregas is quality, I would like him (or Modric) at United if I am being honest, the player to succeed Scholes. Never going to happen though.

Agree, Barca wont spend £80m for a potential bench warmer. Although, I feel he will start more than most think. Xavi and Fabregas to play central midfield and Iniesta to play further forward on the left hand side.

Thank You for your welcome.

Sorry but no one and i mean no one will ever be able to replace scholes. Im not gonna list his qualities coz that would be spouting the same old s***, He is the complete midfielder minus his tackling! That goal against villa. As kammy would say "Unbelieveable Jeff!" Anderson could be a half decent replacement if he gets his act together

You're welcome, Salford'sCantona.

You are preaching to the choir regarding Scholes, he is my all time favourite United player. The best English midfielder of his generation.

Could not have put it better meself. I have to get 2 shirts this season. One with scholes on the back and the other with my local neighbours name, Giggs. Cant be bothered with NEV, he's ace but needs to shut his mouth sometimes

Considering buying a shirt. If I do Scholes will be on the back, for (probably) his final season. Nev's a hero ha ha, his celebration vs. the scousers is a classic.

Nev looked like what i would do if i was there. Raw emotion!

Do u belive fergie when he says he is only gonna sign one player

I do to be honest. I feel we dont need a massive overhaul but slight tweaking, one or two players at most. A centre midfielder ideally.

What do you think?

well i think we could have a small clear out. Carrick, Hargreaves(Never wanted to sign him, knew it was money down the drain, might as well have signed jamie redknapp) and send a few out on loan. whats he gonna do with gibbo? Agree we need a midfielder but i think we need an established forward. We have too many players that COULD make it such as diouf, wellbeck, macheda, obertan and now this hernandez. I dont think he will buy a forward but we are crying out for one

regarding a clear out I felt the same a few weeks ago, I'm not so sure now with perhaps one or two faces arriving.

Will all the younger players at United be successful? Probably not. Hopefully 3 or 4 are capable of making the grade.

He'll end up at Barca I reckon but 80m? I think that's Wenger being stubborn. It's getting boring now wish they'd just sort it out.

Re: £80m for Fabregas?

sarahmufc93 said:
He'll end up at Barca I reckon but 80m? I think that's Wenger being stubborn. It's getting boring now wish they'd just sort it out.

aye, is boring. Just like we had every summer with the Ronaldo saga.

£80m? :lol: Ronaldo was not worth £80m, no one is. But because they don't want to sell him you have to up the price, which is what we did in my opinion.

Other factors are involved. Age, years remaining contract. In Ronaldo's case, Madrid will make a substantial return in shirt sales etc

True, never really thought of that. They probably made £80m on his shirt sales. Don't think you could say the same for Fabregas. Most fans would buy a Messi shirt before a Fabregas shirt i'd imagine.

Full article here - http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6989882,00.html

Arsenal captain Cesc Fabregas wants to join Barcelona this summer, according to team-mate Bacary Sagna.

"I can say it's true that Cesc wants to go to Barca," the right-back told former Paris Saint-Germain coach Luis Fernandez on France's RMC radio station.

"Fabregas wants to return to his country of birth, to his city, where his family are; he wants to play for one of the best teams in the world, Barcelona, and that's understandable.

Wonder who Pep will drop to play Fabregas

I won't be surprised he Fabregas goes to Barcelona for 80m and sits bench for the most of the season

This saga seems to finally be coming to an end. Reports that he'll be a Barca player by the weekend. FCB will pay 40m euros (30 fixed+5 variables+5m that Cesc will take off wages).

i've heard tonight that it's a matter of hours now before he's gone...

Funny after Wenger flatly denied Fabregas or Nasri wouldn't be leaving.

So they have waited the entire summer for 3 more millions?! This deal should have been done and dusted in June. Arsenal should have just moved on at the start of the summer, got a replacement in and built for the season. Uncertainty until 2 days before the season starts is never a good thing.

So they have waited the entire summer for 3 more millions?! This deal should have been done and dusted in June. Arsenal should have just moved on at the start of the summer, got a replacement in and built for the season. Uncertainty until 2 days before the season starts is never a good thing.

Exactly. What they are playing at I'll never know. Still haven't brought in a centre back also, surely they could have had that sorted in June/July aswell

BBC sport - Arsenal confirm deal agreed with Barcelona for Fabregas

Honestly, Barcelona sign Fabregas to please the fans or "get back" a player who they have lost, like Pique's, it's very fair and valid. But the truth is that this was a totally unnecessary signing. He'll be a benchwarmer for some time and this is going to hinder the development of the excellent Thiago Alcantara, who was gaining more and more chances in the starting XI.

If Wenger not reinvest that money in signings (QUALITY signings).I expect a difficult season for the Gunners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back