Fabio

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont want him to go on loan, i wish he could play more but i dont want to drop evra or rafa. For me he is back up for both full back positions ahead of oshea/nev/wes.

The guy was brilliant yesterday. One year loan for fabio and then evra can go where ever he would like...?:)

Before the twins came to United, Fabio was supposed to be the more talented of the two. Due to possible the best left back in the world being at United and injury problems, Fabio hasn't really had the chance to shine. Against Rangers I thought he was quite possibly our best player. Very good to see!

What I was most interested by with Fabio, I thought his left foot was his weakest but his left footed crosses were the best we've seen from the left this year, he provides an option that Evra doesn't too and that's to come inside and cross with his right or run at goal.

i'd be happy to see Fabio play instead of Evra,not that i don't rate Evra i just think he's lost a lot of his defensive quality's ,he gets caught out of position a lot nowadays and hasn't got the speed or determination to get back like he used to,he's also making more defensive blunders than he used too,but he's still one of the best in the prem....so that shows how much i rate Fabio,with a run of games like Rafael got i think he would be a lot better..........I know....shut up!!!!!

I'm always in favor of sending players out on loan, because I think it serves two major benefits:

First - the obvious one; a chance for a young payer to experience first team football.

Second - it allows the player a taste of life outside of Manchester United. Not every club around the world is as glamorous as United. Not every club has plush, top quality training facilities, or the heightened media attention, or the worldwide supporter appeal, or the "family feel" like Manchester United. So sending a player out on loan hopefully lights a fire under their belly to come back and prove that they want to be here and experience the "good life" for lack of a better term.

We are seeing now with Welbeck, just what going on loan can do to someone. If anyone read Beckham's biography, then you know how important he regards his brief loan spell out to Preston North End in the context of his entire career - even if he only played 5 matches out there.

So I'm always in favor of sending players out on loan because in truth, unless your in a situation like Rodrigo Possebon found himself in around this time last year (which is extremely rare), loan moves for young players don't really hurt. The only thing I would question in regards to Fabio going out on loan, is whether or not Ferguson a) sees him in his immediate squad plans, and b) whether Fabio has it within his personality to benefit from a loan move. Let's face it - his brother Rafael is here, and we know that Anderson and Nani (the other Portuguese speaking players in the squad) are all quite close to him and one another. Therefore, would it really benefit him taking him away from that positive comfortable environment? Finally, considering his age - he's just 20 - is he the type that will go out and tackle the world, or the type that Ferguson needs to keep cocooned and sheltered? Sir Alex knows best.

In short - I'm in favor of any loan move, especially for players that are so promising (Cleverley, Welbeck, Fabio) but just can't fit into the side at the moment. The question is, does Ferguson think a loan move will benefit Fabio.

As much as I rate Fabio and I most certainly think in the future the left back slot will be his, I do think that Evra has the position to himself and is probably the best left back in the world.
As for Fabio though, he has many talents we have yet to see yet at United like his unbelievable ability to take free kicks and score cracking goals. In the 2007 under 17 world cup , he captained Brazil and scored 2 goals from 4 games in a campaign where he was seen as their star player (and joint top scorer). As mentioned in my post above, when United signed the brothers, he was the tipped as the more talented but obviously the Evra factor and injuries have limited his first team action.

Finally, if you ever have trouble distinguishing between the two brothers, Fabio is the one with a wedding ring having got married at the age of 18 ;)

Fabio just been unlucky with injuries, with a stretch of games in the Starting XI should help him a lot, we should see him play vs West Ham and then Valencia, good stretch of games for him..

It's the attitude of Fabio and Rafael that I really like! They both get proper stuck in and have bags of skill. As much as I love Evra, if he left I'd be very excited about the prospect of having Rafa and Fab playing in the same team together week in week out. I reckon that would do wonders for their confidence (not that they need it!) having each other in the team. It must be hard for them with Rafa getting alot of games and Fabio hardly any. They must both want each other to play alot!

The only thing they need to improve is their stamina, Rafael's has got better I think though. Before he was rarely finishing games and regularly needed the physio on as he had cramp. Fabio's biggest problem has probably been injured.

i think he keeps getting cramps towards the end of games, your right his biggest weakness is his Stamina, but i think it'll improve as he plays more games?

Don't think Fabio's comfortable on his left foot at all, saw that with his chance where he tried scoring with the outside of his right foot. We've got a lack of left footed players in the squad. Thought Obertan struggled with that yesterday.

Ive saw him put in some good crosses with his left but obviously his strongest is his right.

In 16 starts, Fabio's completed 90 minutes 5 times. Subbed 10 times, sent off once.

19 passes led to Fabio's goal today. Good finish by the little man, was delighted for him too.

Fabio came on as a left winger. Should he be used there more often while/when we have little other options on the wing?

The reason Bale was crap until last season was that Spurs used him as their LB, but he just couldn't defend! Fabio is better defensively than Bale though, I still think his future is as a Full Back not sure if it'll be as the LB though

Fantastic performance, certainly pushing Evra for the LB place who's been under performing all season pretty much.

Still feel he's better further up the pitch than at the back, more games could improve that as it has for Rafael. Just great to see him completing 90 mins.

I thought Fabio was brilliant today - showed real courage to push forward and force West Ham to track him. The penalty happened because of his persistance and refusal to give up. A lot of changes to shape and personnel in that game - not to mention pressure given the events - yet he kept his head and put in a first class performance.

A night to forget for him made a couple of decent runs going forward all over the shop defensively though

Needs lessons from GNev on how to be a right-back first. Attacking potential is there but can't defend for nuts. Hope he doesn't turn into another Glen Johnson. It's times like these that I miss the reliability of good o' JOS.

He seemed defensively very reliable last season, he seemed to be off the pace at times. i think lack of game time is the reason for it.

Along with Phil Jones he was a positive from tonight made some very good runs.

No harm in allowing Evra a rest. In the other thread I have been critical of Evra but playing in nearly all the games has surely had an effect on him - we maybe seeing the effect on him now.

He's hardly had a rest for 5 years really. He's always at the top of the appearance table at the end of the season. It probably hasn't done him any favours. Up until last season he had been one of our most reliable players. Consistently played well and played every game. For me it's time to stop playing him every week, I said it last season too. Give Fabio games there now and then, maybe even Jonny Evans too (it's been hard to do that so far as we've had problems at CB ). Not only will this allow him rest but it will allow others to push him for his place, always nice to have a bit of competition.

Yeah great point. Evra hasn't had competition for his place since Heinze really.

Fabio coped with the pace of Dyer better than Evra. Time to give Fabio more starts?

Maybe. With Vidic, Ferdinand and Carrick shoring up the defence now might be the correct time to give Fabio a chance. Maybe worth sticking with Evra now the defence is more secure.

I see no harm in giving Fabio the odd game. Evra can't play every game.

I love our twins. I genuinely think they can only get better, and now with Fabio being exposed to as many games as Rafael had, he'll improve both defensively and in an attacking sense.

I do think he's a good left-back but his eagerness and enthusiasm can make him be too rash. (Just like his brother). But I think we've got good options with the fact he could play further forward, a la Arsenal in the FA Cup where he & Rafael were tremendous.

Did pretty well i thought GK stood up well to shot in the second half

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back