Fabiano wants United move

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSNFRMN

http://footytweets.com/manutd/news/312933

I really like Luis Fabiano and he wants to play for us. Rumoured to cost around £10-15m due to age and contract running out. When is he out of contract? Because he's 29, he's got about 3-4 years left in him, would allow for the youngsters to develop and provide a reliable back up to Rooney. I reckon we could get the best out of Berba playing next to him too.

Is he implying we have started negotiations with Sevilla? Tottenham and Milan have both made bids from the reports i had heard earlier in the week. And also:

"As soon as the World Cup is over I will make a quick decision on my future - and while it is going on I hope Sevilla can open discussions. I have enjoyed my time here but I now need to be at a giant."

Maybe i'm mad, but i think bids are already in, all he needs to set his contract??

Considering he's only £10m apparently, I wouldn't be surprised if we've put in a bid or at least enquired.

Wouldn't be bad buy really, might do well in the prem, worth a shot imo, tho not so sure we should bolster our attack,

but someone of his age means there's time fr Kiko and Welbeck to develop without putting their future in doubt, as would happen if he was around 24-25

and also at the same time ensuring we don't expect them to provide goals if there are injuries...so we have experienced strikers covering for Injures instead of 18-19 yr old guys

Exactly, the youngsters will still get games though now and then, a few would have to go out on loan though. He wouldn't go to City as he wants to be at a MASSIVE club.

Still think Hernandez may take time to settle into the Prem, physically wise. Luis Fabiano is proven on the European club stage, taking Sevilla to 2 UEFA Cup finals. As I mentioned in another thread, wouldn't be too disheartened if we didn't sign him but if he was cheap i'd still like to have him. If we'd seen Rooney hit the back of the net once this World Cup I might have been more confident that we didn't need him. I think Rooney will be firing on all cylinders though come August, he'll be very determined now.

Have to agree here, having 5 good strikers, of which 3 are excellent is nothing to be sad about!!

and i'm a bit worried about how Rooney will be coming season! mostly will be resting for a long time, but he'll be very frustrated with his performance in the World Cup. Fabiano another striker i think would be great in tandem with Berbatov!!

Btw am i the only one who thinks Berbatov would make an Excellent AMC, rather than a striker?

Yes agree on the Berbatov in AMC would take the pressure of scoring goals off his back and people can start appreciating his abilities, Fabiano is a good player and although we dont need him the more class players the merrier, but would perefer Alexis Sanchez to be honest.

Sanchez would get absolutely slaughtered in the Prem.

Not sure on the Berba - AM thing. I'd like to see him play a game in that sort of position just to try it out.

Still European experience though. Great finish again tonight by the way. Never won any major trophies so he's still hungry.

Wouldn't bother with Fabiano,Hernandez looks like an out and out poacher he'll do nicely. Berba will do the business next year too...

Gotta admit that while I was a huge fan of Berbatov before he moved to United and even more so after he joined, he just hasn't made the grade in the past two seasons. Personally I think Fabiano has some of the traits we need. Good physical presence in the box and proven goalscorer at the highest level. Personally I think he'd be a good compliment to Rooney. There's always doubt when you bring a player to a new league though. Forlan is thriving in Spain, but struggled with us in England. Worry the same could be true of Fabiano. Welbeck and Macheda still need a few more years to develop before they'll be in the first choice frame, by then Fabiano will be nearing the end. I think Hernandez is ready to step into the squad and play a part this season. World Cup performances have been incredibly promising. Berbatov (and possibly Owen) just don't seem to fit. Wouldn't mind the pecking order being Rooney, Fabiano, Owen, Hernandez, Welbeck/Macheda.

I don't know where the 10 million value came from as I wouldn't certainly value him higher than that, but if that's true I could see them inquiring. Although, to be honest, with all the debt the Glazers have plunged this club into I question exactly how much we can spend, if any. Read that Gill said we had around 100 million to spend, but I very much doubt that when our owners can barely pay back their loans. To sum up this rant, though, I'd love to see Fabiano at United.

haha. £10m valuation comes from having just 1 year left on his contract and him saying he won't sign a new contract. Sevilla are looking to recoup anything they can before they won't get anything and he can leave on a free.

I had literally just read a story earlier today that said he wanted out and only a year left on his contract. For some reason I completely overlooked that when I made that comment. Don't I feel foolish haha.

Don't get me wrong, I love Berbatov. My eyes were glued to SkySports on deadline day two years ago hoping we'd sign him. I doubt he'll leave this summer, but I could see him departing if he doesn't perform better this season. He's a very creative player, his technical ability and especially first touch are near unrivaled in my opinion. When you pay that much for a striker though, I expect goals and Berbatov hasn't delivered those in abundance. I'm also slightly worried about his lack of pace. With Rooney, Valencia, and Nani the tactics are all based of quickness and Berbatov doesn't seem to fit well. We had a good season last season and just barely missed out on the Premier League, but we can't keep relying on Rooney to bail us out with his goals. Whoever he's partnered with up front needs to be able to score. When Rooney is injured or off form, we struggled last season, and I fear that may continue to be the pattern if our other strikers don't stop chipping in. If Berbatov could get to the 20 goals mark this season I'd be beyond thrill. His technical ability is magical, but we need goals too.

Like i suggested in another article, Berbatov's skills seem more suited to being an AMC, great touch, excellent vision and passing, can hold up the ball, get out of packed midfields or when surrounded by players...ideal for an AMC...end of last season, he seemed to drop deeper to get involved and his distribution of the ball was impressive but of course most of that time he was supposed to be the lone striker so got criticised a lot for it!!

He got a lot of praise in the Wolves game he played as a lone striker. I think it was was wrong to have him as the lone striker against Blackburn though. I've talked a lot about the depleted defence being the main reason for losing the title but I think Rooney getting injured was equally a reason, there's no way we would only have got a point out of the Chelsea and Blackburn games had Wayne been fully fit. Anyway that's in the past now. But if Wayne was to get injured again this season i'd be more confident that we'd score goals with Luis Fabiano in the team but with Michael Owen coming back, I think if he could stay fit, him and Berba could do the business. Despite the amount of youngsters there are to look forward to seeing on the US Tour, i'm mostly looking forward to seeing Michael Owen (providing he's fit, which i've heard he and Hargo are).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back