Sideshow Bob

175px-Yeovil_Town_FC_logo.svg.png
v
220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png

Friday, 26th January 2018
FA Cup Fourth Round

Huish Park
19:55 GMT

Just need to win it no matter what just get in the next round no replays just get it done.

Pitch will no doubt become a leveller so expect Jose to go big and strong with his team and play direct.

Wonder if the new boy will play, think he might be on the bench.

Yeah think Sanchez will be on the bench for this one. His first start will probably come against Spurs the following Wednesday.

Expect something like:

De Gea

Young - Lindelof - Jones - Shaw

Fellaini - Herrera

Mata - Lingard - Martial

Rashford​

I think Lukaku will start but Romero seems off the radar at the moment so De Gea will start can’t see him risking Periera or O’Hara from the start.

Rojo will probably get a start as well think it might be him at CB with Smalling and Lindelof at right back.

League game away at Spurs the following midweek so he’s going to be tempted to rotate but realistically this is our only shot at silverware this season and Mourinho always likes to put a trophy in the cabinet even if it’s the lowest priority one.

Do we think Sanchez will travel or will they save him for Spurs?

Could we see the return of Carrick? He's been back in training for a few weeks now and this is the only game I can realistically see him starting.

Will be interesting to see what he does it's a long journey but I think he might look to have the likes of Sanchez, Pogba & Lukaku on the bench just in case he needs them as he won't want a replay and he won't the embarrassment of a loss to kill our momentum. This isn't a high flying Yeovil side they're near the bottom of league two again this season so it shouldn't be a problem but the pitch will make it hard to play our usual football so we might just need to over power them.

Sanchez in the squad according to Jose. Potentially won’t start but would put money on a debut at some stage.

Winning with five mins to go just bring him on to hear the fans roar and give Utd fans a buzz. Struggling with 20 to go throw him on and let him get a winner. Keep him fresh for Spurs next week!

However I wouldn't be surprised to see him start. He hasn't played since the 3rd of Jan - We may want to get rid of any matchday rustiness. And he's also the sort of player who wants to play every minute of every game.

Yeah im the same, would not be surprised if he starts him just to get rid of any rust and get a bit of match sharpness back before Spurs on Wednesday, I can see him playing maybe an hour, might even play him up front and give Lukaku a break, Rashford on the left, Mata right, and Lingard No. 10, McTominey I think might start, him and Carrick maybe, Fellani potentially as he is back now.

At the back, Shaw, Lindelof, Rojo and maybe even Young at RB, can see Romero coming in as well.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Do you think that means Carrick will be starting? Seems a long way to take him for him to bench.

Hopefully the starters can get the job done so Gomes can get some time off the bench.

Team: Romero, Darmian, Lindelof, Rojo, Shaw, Carrick, Herrera, Mata, McTominay, Alexis, Rashford.

Subs: Pereira, Smalling, Young, Gomes, Lingard, Matic, Lukaku.

Match day thread closed.

Please use existing Player Match Discussion threads or create new threads to discuss talking points in the Manchester United forum: Manchester United (link to Manchester United forum).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back