FA Cup Semi Final: Man Utd vs Chelsea

jsp

Top Poster Of Month
So it's off to Wembley for more match day details go to google or consult your TV guide.

Anyway both clubs come into the game off the back of wins following a bit of a wobble but both teams will have one eye firmly on the league finish.

Utd I think will ring the changes they have to as so many players look dead on their feet in the last few weeks I love the FA Cup but the thought of playing it without any fans for me makes it pointless.

My guess at a starting XI

Romero

Dalot Bailly Maguire Williams

Fred McTominay

Lingard Mata Rashford

Ighalo

If he goes that weak I think we are in for a tough time he might look to start someone like Pogba to give us a bit more quality from the start but I think this was always a game he'd rotate in the fact it comes in the middle of a run of 4 games in 13 days makes it almost impossible not to rotate.

I really don't care about this, as it is Leicester have a week off before we play them, we have 3 days.

That last game will be the most important of the season.

I'd go with all the second teamers 100%. I know it's a semi final but at this point of the season it's just not important. We need 4th spot, then go on and win the Europa. The first XI must must must be rested.

Got to be a second XI really. Would be amazing to lift a cup but we have way bigger fish to fry. Would not go full blown rotation though, I would play one of Rashford or Martial and one of Pogba or Fernandes but then the rest a mix.

Maguire played the last cup game and is yet to come off I believe.

I'd honestly go full blown rotation.

Romero

Dalot Bailly Lindelof Williams

Fred McTominay

Lingard Bruno James

Ighalo

See if we can nick it. If still 0-0 with 15 to go then i'd make a few changes. But I doubt he'll rotate that much. Expect Rashford and Bruno to start.

Can't see Bruno starting he's looked shattered recently and he did the 120 minutes vs Norwich so I think we have to bench him for this one give Mata or Periera a start in the playmaker spot. I'd probably go Periera over Mata as Mata's leg are gone.

Will be interesting to see how Chelsea treat it they've still got two tough league games to play but this is their only shot at a trophy.

My guess is they will make changes but I don't think rotation drops their level as much as it does with us

Of course the FA Cup is our lowest priority.
We could do with giving Maguire a sit down and would be no harm to giving Fozzie another run out. Start both Fred and McT in midfield and Ighalo as the frontman.
If things aint good with 20 to go bring on the cavalry

Romero
Dalot Bailly Tuanzebe Williams
McTominay Garner
James Mata Greenwood
Ighalo

That's not a great team, but I agree with everyone else here that the FA Cup is not the priority. If our second XI can't get it done, maybe it will provide more impetus for the board to buy some additional players. I don't know if Garner is available but Fred & McTominay play too similar and don't complement each other at all.

We have to beat Leicester on the final day. Pogba and Bruno and Martial and Rashford need to sit this one out or play a cameo.

Ole confirms Shaw is out of the game but might be back for West Ham, Williams training today his eye is badly swollen so they need to check his vision is ok before risking him for he comes through training then he’s likely to play.

For Chelsea Kante has been ruled out

Hopefully we can get to the final with Arsenal who defended brilliantly tonight. I am on a bit of a roll now, when Arsenal went 1-0 up i took them at 13/1 to win 2-0 :)

Hopefully we can get to the final with Arsenal who defended brilliantly tonight. I am on a bit of a roll now, when Arsenal went 1-0 up i took them at 13/1 to win 2-0 :)
Didn’t even realise the Arsenal match was on. You have to fancy the winner from tomorrow’s match going all the way.

Didn’t even realise the Arsenal match was on. You have to fancy the winner from tomorrow’s match going all the way.
You couldn't rule Arsenal out on tonight's performance. They were very good indeed. Luiz was immense.

Luiz was immense.
Now there’s a sentence I never thought anyone would say.

I didn’t catch the game but sounds like Arsenal put on a brilliant performance and surprisingly a sound defensive one. Obviously on their day they can beat anybody but would strongly fancy our chances in the final if we got there.

Didn’t watch the game but got a message saying ‘City had one shot. Arsenal deserve to win’ in about the 80th. Also something you’d never expect to hear.

Does it change your perspective on tomorrow’s game?

The winner of tomorrow’s game is obviously the favourites now.

Given the time of my post I think it was obvious enough I meant today’s game! Win this and you’ve got to fancy us against Arsenal

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

3 at the back then. James and Rashford up top. Interesting to go away from our winning formula but it probably makes sense to make us a little more solid with a couple of guys rested.

Same way we’ve played against them in both league games isn’t it?

Yeah think it is from what I recall.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Looks like Chelsea have gone like for like. That back three can definitely be got at for sure. Also then not playing Pulisic is a bonus for us.

Should be a good game!

Poor first half. Bruno looks shot, why wasn’t he rested? Maguire and Bailly have no understanding between them - that collision was very avoidable. I thought several players were at fault for their goal including Maguire and DeGea. Overall just underlined how much of a drop off the second choice players are in quality from the starters. With our starters we are almost ready to go toe to toe with the big boys, but take 2 or 3 out and we are a shambles. Matic and Fred is just about a bad of a pairing as we have. James is fast but raw. I don’t rate Bailly at all. Comfortable with Williams as understudy. Romero should have played today.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back