FA Cup Semi Final Draw: Spurs Away

SuperRash

Definitely the worst draw we could have got.

Still baffles me right now that Spurs can play the semi and final essentially on home soil.

Kane is probably out which changes the situation just need someone to break Dembele and we’ve got a chance haha.

It will be strange for them as it probably won’t feel like a home game as all the Spurs stuff will be gone and the crowd will be split evenly.

It’ll be a tough game but hopefully a few of our big names will have woken up by then.

Herrera should be playing by then so we could play a 3 in midfield and with no Kane it's gonna be an easier challenge

It's a strange situation because Poch's record against Utd away is shocking but his record at home is excellant and this is technically at a neutral venue but it is sort of a home game as Spurs have played their all season but the fact the crowd is split evenly might spook them a bit but all their normal pre game rituals will be the same. Not sure if they've drawn the dressing rooms yet that's another thing that could unsettle them.

The games are a month away so a lot can change in that time with injuries, suspensions, form but right now Spurs are red hot in terms of form even without Kane they are still a very good side playing Son up the middle who's an absolute goal machine at Wembley.

Play it at Villa Park. Neutral grounds tend to be better if they aren't either sides home ground, I tend to find.

You can't just play it at Villa Park now because all the money for the corporate facilities are sold in advance so it would cost the FA fortunes to change back to neutral venues.

You also have issues with tickets I think both clubs get 30,000 tickets for a semi final at Wembley so if they don't have it at Wembley then there will be a lot less actual fans who get to go.

If they want to do neutral venues in the future for semi finals then I will always suggest Cardiff play both games there over one weekend massive modern ground with excellant facilities around it but we're not going to be changing any time soon.

Doesn't matter where it's played, our tactics will be the same :-(

Comes back to the old argument that Wembley should host the final only. Loses its prestige that the semi final is held there as well. The fact that spurs are paying 15 million this season to borrow Wembley for its home ground means thats a bonus 15 million for the FA this season. Therefore they could have said that this years semi finals are being held at the Millennium stadium because Spurs are at Wembley before the season started. It's too late now. And too greedy to turn down.

I think it's just one of those things people like to moan about but at the end of the day this way more fans get to go to the game which is the most important thing as like it or not sponsors/corporates pay fortunes for the tickets/boxes they get and without that teams will take the cups even less seriously.

To be honest if it help the game progress then I don't have problems with teams using Wembley for home games while new grounds are built you can only assume Chelsea will move in for 1-2 years while Stamford Bridge is rebuilt and if that gives the FA more revenue that it can pump into grass roots then I'm all for it.

You could field any stadium up 50/50 with fans and there would be no advantage to anyone. But the fact that spurs have played at this ground over 20 times this season has to have an advantage to them. There's no other way of looking at it. We are talking about one of the biggest and prestigious stadiums in the world here. A side that players there regularly has an advantage over one that doesn't.

I hope that any extra revenue finds its way down to the grass routes and more opportunities arrive for more people. Although I massively doubt it does. I read somewhere recently that 100 million quid was spend by the FA in development the game at this level last season. When you consider that the latest TV rights deal alone was 5.1 Billion, then its not enough getting through to local clubs and schools.

I hope that any extra revenue finds its way down to the grass routes and more opportunities arrive for more people. Although I massively doubt it does. I read somewhere recently that 100 million quid was spend by the FA in development the game at this level last season. When you consider that the latest TV rights deal alone was 5.1 Billion, then its not enough getting through to local clubs and schools.

That is because the TV money goes to the PL not the FA they are totally seperate operations, I assume some money goes to the FA from the PL to contribute towards the cost of running the game but I would imagine it's quite a small sum.

Most of the grass root investment these days is a mixture oflottery funding & private investment as councils are responsible for most of the existing infrastructure and they are skint so these facilities have been under funded for decades by multiple governements but in the current climate a lot of councils are trying to sell off the running of these facilities to private operators.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back