Sideshow Bob

220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png
V
200px-Reading_FC.svg.png

Saturday, 7th January 2017
FA Cup Third Round
Old Trafford
12:30 GMT

Will be interesting to see how strong a team Jose puts out for this one, has been made to look silly in the past in the cup. With Liverpool coming up we need to rest some key players in both the cup games we've got coming up and others maybe sit one out.

I hope he rests that majority for this game and for Hull in the cup. Would like to see Fosu Mensah start one, or both, of the games.

I would like to see fosu mensah get a game in midfield. As we have said in another thread we may need 2 midfield players so I wouldn't mind a look at one we have already

Don't expect this at all but this is a mixture of players I expect to be involved with a few i'd like to see involved... Romero; Darmian, Smalling, Tuanzebe, Shaw; Schweinsteiger, Fosu-Mensah, Fellaini; Mata, Rashford, Rooney.

Don't expect this at all but this is a mixture of players I expect to be involved with a few i'd like to see involved... Romero; Darmian, Smalling, Tuanzebe, Shaw; Schweinsteiger, Fosu-Mensah, Fellaini; Mata, Rashford, Rooney.

Sorry I'm going to sound like a stuck record and I can see the eyes rolling already... Like that team apart from the obvious sore thumb there. The human toilet brush.

Sorry I'm going to sound like a stuck record and I can see the eyes rolling already... Like that team apart from the obvious sore thumb there. The human toilet brush.

Who should play instead of Fellaini?

Therein lies the problem. The first choice three are pretty automatic now. None of the others have made their mark on the team at all. He probably is the next best we have. To be fair you would hope for this game it should not be an issue but what we need to ask ourselves is what happens if Carrick and pogba are injured. Shit creak and paddle come to mind.

I think we will not see wholesale changes in this game. Mou may play the regulars starters with a couple of changes in there with an eye on the weekend. We may rest players against hull in the league cup as that USA much more easier fixture

Who should play instead of Fellaini?

To be completely honest... I'd like to see TFM in the middle of the park. I think long term that's where he will play so it's better to get him games there now?

I know playing him at full back kind of takes away a bit of pressure because it's not as important as CM but I think he's wasted out there.

To be completely honest... I'd like to see TFM in the middle of the park. I think long term that's where he will play so it's better to get him games there now?

I know playing him at full back kind of takes away a bit of pressure because it's not as important as CM but I think he's wasted out there.

Fosu-Mensah is in midfield in the team you quoted. There are no other alternatives to Fellaini. Schneiderlin would be an option if he was staying.

Tuanzebe trained with the first team again today. Still don't expect him to start and maybe not even be on the bench but I hope to be proved wrong. I'd be really disappointed if Fosu-Mensah didn't get game time here.

Fellaini will start, unless Jose opts for a full strength side and with us being the holders he may decide to take it very seriously. But i'd expect Fellaini to start, along with 6 or 7 others from the team I named.

Fosu-Mensah is in midfield in the team you quoted. There are no other alternatives to Fellaini. Schneiderlin would be an option if he was staying.

OK fair point... Then I'd rather they bring someone else in from the youth team. If Schweinsteiger is playing then that's your experience right there to help the young guys out. Or maybe change the formation? And go with 2 CMs. Sorry buddy but I just can't personally stand the idea of having him anywhere near the pitch.

Romero: Fosu Mensah, Smalling, Tuanzebe, Shaw: Schweinsteiger, Harrop, Rooney, Mata, Rashford, Martial.

Wishful thinking? I think so. Like you Rich I would rather give someone like Harrop a go over Fellaini.

Team v Reading: Romero, Young, Smalling, Rojo, Blind, Carrick, Fellaini, Mata, Rooney, Martial, Rashford.

Subs: J. Pereira, Fosu-Mensah, Jones, Schweinsteiger, Mkhitaryan, Pogba, Ibrahimovic.

Team v Reading: Romero, Young, Smalling, Rojo, Blind, Carrick, Fellaini, Mata, Rooney, Martial, Rashford.

Subs: J. Pereira, Fosu-Mensah, Jones, Schweinsteiger, Mkhitaryan, Pogba, Ibrahimovic.

Sorry but that's snoresville!

I don't really think we have a lot in the way of youngsters ready. Most of our decent prospects are in the academy and not ready.

I don't really think we have a lot in the way of youngsters ready. Most of our decent prospects are in the academy and not ready.

I don't truly believe that and they'll never be ready with Jose in charge as he will never give them a chance. And that's not me saying sack him but it is something I guess we have to accept.

I don't truly believe that and they'll never be ready with Jose in charge as he will never give them a chance. And that's not me saying sack him but it is something I guess we have to accept.

What youngsters are you referring to?

See here is a classic example. Jones coming on for Rojo who's injured. 2-0 up could have been a young player. And the word was originally that Jones was coming on for Young! Why not bring on TFM? Who can play CB or RB. We are 2-0 up at home and it's all us. It's just Jose and his lack of using young players.

TFM, Tuanzebe, Goss and there's a number of really young exciting attacking players that at the very least could benefit from being on the bench!

Fosu-Mensah, yeah. Tuanzebe, possibly. Goss, nah. There are no young exciting attacking players at reserve level.

And what about at the level before? Players like the lad we signed from Ajax and DJ Buffonage

As Booth said, the young players from the academy are not ready. Chong, the lad from Ajax, just turned 17 in December. He is physically not ready.

As Booth said, the young players from the academy are not ready. Chong, the lad from Ajax, just turned 17 in December. He is physically not ready.

And these players will never be ready if you don't give them a chance. And Jose doesn't have a good record of giving players a chance. He could have played TFM today but he didn't. Tuanzebe isn't even on the bench. Sorry but for a club of our traditions that's not good enough.

And these players will never be ready if you don't give them a chance. And Jose doesn't have a good record of giving players a chance. He could have played TFM today but he didn't. Tuanzebe isn't even on the bench. Sorry but for a club of our traditions that's not good enough.

How old are Rashford and Martial? Fosu-Mensah is the one that should have started.

United are on a winning run, and playing good football. You seem to be moaning for the sake of moaning, Rich.

The first half performance has been good; 5-0 at half time would not have flattered United.

I think sometimes you just have to let players mature naturally both physically and mentally. Our reserve team is probably the worst we have had for many years. All the best prospects are in the academy but not physically ready. We are not in a position where we have to rush players through the ranks at the moment. I agree that fosu mensah should have played and tuanzebe probably could have strolled through a game like this. There aren't really any others really worth playing in my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back