FA cup: Man Utd vs Liverpool Sun 24/01 KO 17:00

Been awful second half they are all over us and our passing is encouraging them some awful sloppy passing gifting them possession.

Good of us to give their misfiring attacking players a confidence boost.

Cavani struggling tonight maybe the 2 back to back games are to much.

Magnifico

Let’s hope we react better to being ahead this time.

VDB is a good player and performed his role well; Van Gaal would have loved him in the side because he is always found where he's supposed to be. That said, when Bruno came on we were a different side. Bruno chases the ball more and therefore he's in the action a lot more, plus he plays like he's on fire.

For having 5 changes to the starting XI I thought we looked pretty good. We gave Liverpool possession and other than their first goal it was working moderately well. Cavani's poor pass to McT that led to a goal was more a product of Cavani's body being in slight disagreement with his brain than anything else. Cavani, like Schweinsteiger and Ibrahimovic, is a player that we signed just a couple years too late. Had we signed any of them a year or two earlier than we did and we'd have been champions.

I thought we played pretty well. Some frailties in the team but we scored three great goals. I'm still not at all impressed with Henderson. I think Romero is a much better keeper, and neither are on the same level as De Gea. Maguire's greatest strength is his ability to play every match without getting injured. He and Lindelof didn't look all that comfortable together, including that first goal when Lindelof had switched sides.

Rashford pulled up right before he got taken off. He did that little skip thing players do when one leg has gone. Looked like a hamstring pull, let's hope not.

Don't really have a MOTM. No one stood out exceptionally, but both Pogba and McT kept things moving, so one of them. It's funny that we were not great and looked nervy at times but we still scored three against Liverpool.

Surely got to be another great confidence boost for the team.

Top of the league and then go toe to toe with Liverpool and knock em out the cup.

This wasn't us being scared of them and retreating to within 20 of our foal. We
Were comfortable.

I thought on the whole we were the better team and deserved to win. I do worry that whenever we go ahead we start playing like it is a friendly. We completely dropped our intensity after we scored our second goal. However there is a unity in this team I have not seen in years at United.

Apart from the bit between 2-1 and 2-2 I thought we matched them and even bettered them.

You can tell belief is growing in this team they are becoming less afraid of the opponent and backing themselves.

12 months ago I watched us draw 0-0 at home to Wolves a terrible game but it was Bruno’s first game fresh off the plane 1 training session and straight in the team. You could see he was special straight away found spaces others couldn’t find telling his team mates what to do and where to run but you couldn’t imagine what he’d achieve in his first season.

One of the most pleasing things, I felt like it was the first time for a long while, against a big side, we weren't just defending or soaking up pressure. I felt like we had a plan and were confident in that plan.

Yeah I actually just went and had a look at the stats Liverpool had just under 60% possession to our 40% both sides had the same number of shots and shots on target so was a pretty even game.

Felt like Ole definitely took more risks with it being a cup game.

We probably won’t win the cup still a long way to go but knocking Liverpool out and stopping them from getting out of this bad run with Tottenham to play next really does make it better! Don’t forget we played liverpool home and away in 7 days and was unbeaten in 2 games against them !

We probably won’t win the cup still a long way to go but knocking Liverpool out and stopping them from getting out of this bad run with Tottenham to play next really does make it better! Don’t forget we played liverpool home and away in 7 days and was unbeaten in 2 games against them !

You'd have to say we're second favourites behind City at the moment their record in cup competitions is just scary and they have a really annoying habit of getting incredibly easy draws in early rounds.

Could do with a few of the other big boys knocking each other out but the cup semi finals will come at a time of the season where our focus may be elsewhere so like last season we'll probably end up playing a weakened side in the semi final.

I don't really care about the Cup. I just didn't want Liverpool to ger any encouragement.

Stange, when I was a boy in the 70's and probably the 80's I loved the cup. It was a huge game. I wonder if this has anything to do with TV. BBC and ITV used to show it, and it would start at about 10AM.

Think it's a number of things back then there was no such thing as the top 4 and european football was a luxury not a given so the cup became more important as it also got you the chance to play in the european games.

Less football on TV so more excitement to be able to see a match broadcast live.

Think the obssession with money does my head in a bit clubs no longer talk about a giant killing when they draw a big team it's all how much money they'll take on the gate. Yes that is important but it's not as important as the actual game and the chance to make history.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back