Sideshow Bob

200px-Chelsea_FC.svg.png
V
220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png

Saturday, 19th May 2018
FA Cup Final

Wembley Stadium
17:15 BST

Assuming Lukaku is fit I think the only question is who starts with Smalling at CB?

Bailly seemed to be first choice but Jones stepping in for the semi and was very good.

The back 3 vs West Ham last week makes me wonder if Jose is looking to play a back 3 in the cup final which would be strange given the success of the 4-3-3 in big games recently.

Could he try to match Chelsea in the 3-5-2?

Sounds like Lukaku might not make it. Unless that is a smokescreen

The manager said after the game on Sunday he's expected back at training today.

Strong rumours online that it’s Jones & Smalling at CB.

Biggest game of the season and neither of Mourinho CB signings likely to start. Should we be worried?

De Gea; Valencia, Smalling, Jones, Young; Herrera, Matic, Pogba; Lingard, Lukaku, Sanchez is how I expect us to lineup.

Be great to see an open, flowing game but they have been few and far in-between this season. I'm sure he will go 4-3-3 with all the usual suspects lining up. Sounds like Jones could make it in as Bailly has fallen out of favour big time.

Just looked back to team that beat them at home in Feb, Lindelof, McTominay and Martial started. Martial has only started 3 games since despite an assist in that game, 2 of those being against Brighton and the other v Bournemouth.

De Gea; Valencia, Smalling, Jones, Young; Herrera, Matic, Pogba; Lingard, Lukaku, Sanchez is how I expect us to lineup.

If the team is anything but this i’d be massively surprised

Yeah I think that team is spot on can't see it being any different.

As for the game think it'll be tight apart from that mad 4-0 last season all the games between us have been very tight low scoring matches and it might come down to who's big guns turn up on the day and make the difference.

If Bailly does not start on Saturday then alarm bells should start ringing as something is seriously up, he is our best CB by far when fit (which I think he is by all accounts), Lindelof is just dead in the water for me, never gonna make it as a top United CB but to drop Bailly for the biggest game of the season would be a huge statement.

After recent performances the team picks itself, Rashford, Martial, Mata, Fellani, should be nowhere near our starting 11 so as @jsp says the only place available for me is at CB.

Would be very surprised if he goes 3 at the back, can see him asking Herrera to do another job on Hazard.

Both teams are in rubbish form but I'm think we have been a little less rubbish than them. Slightly.

Chelsea were flying up until those last 2 games when Conte starting rotating and blew any chance of a top 4 finish so there form was worrying me a bit as they'd started keeping clean sheets again which was the bedrock of their title success.

Bailly not starting is real alarm bells but I guess it's fitness reality is ever since he came back he's never looked fully foot and I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up having more surgery on that ankle.

I am going to watch this, treat myself to some alcohol and have a nice bottle of red, it better not be the normal dross

I thought about jumping on the train and going and watching it down in London but decided to watch it local with the old man as he wouldn't fancy the day out in London.

Yeah bout 20 of us down the local watching it, few mates are going but have paid £250 each for a ticket, no chance I'm paying that so local it is!

I've got a good feeling about this. I think we will win. We've lost twice to Conte and win twice. This is the decider before Conte goes. United 2-0. Will be down the local too!

By the way, I've also borrowed a Real shirt for next week's game which I will also be watching down another local I know will be full of Pool fans. Bring it on!

I've got a good feeling about this. I think we will win. We've lost twice to Conte and win twice. This is the decider before Conte goes. United 2-0. Will be down the local too!

By the way, I've also borrowed a Real shirt for next week's game which I will also be watching down another local I know will be full of Pool fans. Bring it on!

It's 3-2 to Conte both teams have won their home matches in the league in the last 2 seasons but Chelsea knocked us out of the FA Cup last season.

Mourinho says he's going to have to wait until the last minute to decide if Lukaku is fit.

Confirms Martial is fit and available but obviously hasn't confirmed who his 18 will be.

Think the entire first team squad has travelled down to London and as far as I can tell we are injury free currently apart from that doubt over Lukaku.

Our big game form is what has me optimistic but that's a worry, I wasn't optimistic for any of those 'Big 6' games apart from Arsenal who were playing their 2nd string and nearly got a point.

I mean historically over the last 15 years these are two clubs who don't choke in finals and get the job done.

Chelsea obviously slipped up last season and lost the final to Arsenal despite being a clear favourite but on the day they didn't show up and Arsenal did.

I don't think you can really see a favourite for this one I don't think there's much between the teams in the 5 meetings over the last 2 seasons 4 of the 5 results have been wins by a 1 goal margin.

Be a huge loss if Lukaku is not fit, wonder if he would start with Sanchez up front or give Martial/Rashford a chance.

With their recent form I wouldn't feel massively confident with one of them pair up front, both been shocking of late.

Pretty much equal odds at the bookies, Utd very slight favourites. I think we'll struggle without the big man up top.
He'd have to play:
Tony M or Rash/Sanchez/Lingard

Be a huge loss if Lukaku is not fit, wonder if he would start with Sanchez up front or give Martial/Rashford a chance.

With their recent form I wouldn't feel massively confident with one of them pair up front, both been shocking of late.

I think he’d play Rashford as he knows Sanchez would just drop off the front and a Jose team has to have a striker.

No Lukaku. As expected except Rashford comes in for Lukaku

Team: De Gea, Valencia, Smalling, Jones, Young, Herrera, Matic, Pogba, Lingard, Rashford, Sanchez.
Subs: Romero, Bailly, Darmian, Mata, McTominay, Lukaku, Martial.

Was confident, not so much now there is no Lukaku. We'll be ok as long as we turn up

Jones doing what he does best. Being a donkey!

We're not great but neither are Chelsea

United have been absolutely woeful in the first half. The team has very little idea.

Sums up a lot of our games this season. Slow, ponderous and no energy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back